N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020

Such stories give me always antinatalism vibes. This is so sick.

"Police in the Indian capital have arrested 11 people, including nine women, after the alleged brutal gang rape and torture of a young woman that included her being paraded through the streets and humiliated."

"The woman, 20, was allegedly abducted and raped by a group of men in a revenge attack. The victim's head was shaved, face blackened, and a garland of shoes put around her neck as she was hit and paraded through the streets in East Delhi. Video of that part of the abuse went viral, causing widespread outrage."

"It shows a group of women forcing the victim to walk and hitting her while onlookers cheer."

This world is so rotten. I don't wanna know how many disgusting comments you find for this video on the internet. Of course it went viral because people love to gawk at suffering people. (Probably one reason why we have so many visitors.) This was not only one psychopath who did it. It was a fucking crowd and noone intervened.

Statiistically in India there happen 4 rapes every hour and these are only the reported ones according to this article.

WTF. This is so sick.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
  • Hmph!
  • Informative
Reactions: katara, waitingforrest, Sherri and 15 others
Onthe29th

Onthe29th

Experienced
Dec 28, 2021
I feel physically sick reading this…their behavior is barbaric to say the least. I feel so bad for her and her family

Reactions: Wails, Ringo, Crazy4u and 1 other person
Nanako

Nanako

Experienced
Dec 24, 2018
Sometimes you gotta wonder if this is a simulation and we're all willing (or perhaps unwilling?) participants in it. Sometimes it almost feels like this world is hellish by design.

Reactions: dreadpirateroberts69, Circles, WrongPlaceWrongTime and 3 others
Crazy4u

Crazy4u

Enlightened
Sep 29, 2021
9 out of 11 are women!! they are disgusting. I'm glad I live in america
That sounds horrific, of course, but I'm wondering if the article leaves anything out - like if the woman had stolen something, for example. It just sounds strange that they would do this just because she didn't respond positively to a guy's affection.

Anyhow, those people should be treated the same as their victim.
victim blaming, really?! that's your best response!!

Reactions: canihavepeaceforonce, Gloom, absoluteanimal1 and 2 others
J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
9 out of 11 are women!! they are disgusting. I'm glad I live in america

victim blaming, really?! that's your best response!!

No, not at all. I just said that it seems strange that they would parade their victim through the streets and beat her in this case. Perhaps my post was poorly worded.

I mean, we don't usually hear of this kind of behaviour, and being paraded through the streets and being beaten sounds like some kind of punishment. It could be "vigilante justice", in their eyes, of course.

Reactions: noname223
miserableforever

miserableforever

Arcanist
Oct 23, 2020
No, not at all. I just said that it seems strange that they would parade their victim through the streets and beat her in this case. Perhaps my post was poorly worded.

I mean, we don't usually hear of this kind of behaviour, and being paraded through the streets and being beaten sounds like some kind of punishment. It could be "vigilante justice", in their eyes, of course.
Not the first time I heard of cases like that. Women are self service garbage cans in some places. It's heartbreaking and there's nothing we can do from here, other than being angry.
I wish those charity organizations would step up their game. The world needs so much healing and so much more than peanut butter supply packages.

Reactions: Foresight and Julgran
Interloper

Interloper

Jul 23, 2021
It just sounds strange that they would do this just because she didn't respond positively to a guy's affection.
India is just a messed up country, the caste system no doubt plays a part in this event.

Reactions: markimobzzdeasui and noname223
J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
India is just a messed up country, the caste system no doubt plays a part in this event.

Yes, perhaps - but it could also be those specific people who are messed up. I wouldn't want to blame the whole of India for a few rotten apples' sake.

Interloper

Interloper

Jul 23, 2021
Yes, perhaps - but it could also be those specific people who are messed up. I wouldn't want to blame the whole of India for a few rotten apples' sake.
I'm just talking about the system they live in, not talking about the people necessarily.

Reactions: Foresight
J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
I'm just talking about the system they live in, not talking about the people necessarily.

...but it must have been the people that created the system in the first place, right? Much the same way people in the West are somewhat responsible for the people who they vote into power.

Nanako

Nanako

Experienced
Dec 24, 2018
That sounds horrific, of course, but I'm wondering if the article leaves anything out - like if the woman had stolen something, for example. It just sounds strange that they would do this just because she didn't respond positively to a guy's affection.

Anyhow, those people should be treated the same as their victim.
Gang rape followed by physical torture sounds needlessly barbaric if you ask me. Even if she did something truly awful (and it doesn't seem like she did).

Reactions: Gloom, Interloper and Crazy4u
Interloper

Interloper

Jul 23, 2021
...but it must have been the people that created the system in the first place, right? Much the same way people in the West are somewhat responsible for the people who they vote into power.
The caste system goes back to ancient india, so I'm pretty sure those people are all dead.

Crazy4u

Crazy4u

Enlightened
Sep 29, 2021
Gang rape followed by physical torture sounds needlessly barbaric if you ask me. Even if she did something truly awful (and it doesn't seem like she did).
I cannot believe you had to explain this. Well, thank you!

Reactions: forgotten15 and Nanako
J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021

As I wrote previously, I don't see any of those people's actions as justifiable. I was just reacting to the fact that they paraded the victim through the streets and beat her, which is completely foreign to someone who lives in the West.

The caste system goes back to ancient india, so I'm pretty sure those people are all dead.

Aren't the current citizens upholding the same system, though, much like today's Americans uphold their constitution, and religious people uphold their beliefs and gatherings?

J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
@Julgran you fucking idiot trash fire, if you use your eyeballs to read the fucking article it already explains the context / cycle of revenge/retaliation this was part of, and do you seriously fucking think that "stealing something" leads to fucking gang rape you idiot, did you cut half your brain out in order to miss WHAT THE FUCK IS BEING TALKED ABOUT HERE this badly?

You have clearly misread what I wrote.

• Hugs
Reactions: Blondi
N

noaccount

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2019
Just apologize for saying this, admit you said it out of gross ignorance about how rape culture works, start educating yourself, (try googling the essay the term rape-culture stems from, the concept of honor killings, fgm, etc) and move on.

Reactions: Chinaski
J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
Just apologize for saying this, admit you said it out of gross ignorance about how rape culture works, start educating yourself, (try googling the essay the term rape-culture stems from, the concept of honor killings, fgm, etc) and move on.

You should take more time digesting what people write, instead of jumping to conclusions.

Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, Fragile, Panna and 2 others
N

noaccount

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2019
@Julgran - You saw a news story of a woman being sexually assaulted, and asked if maybe she stole something. No excuses.

@GenesAndEnvironment , please tell the rest of the class what you find amusing about this.

J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
@Julgran - You saw a news story of a woman being sexually assaulted, and asked if maybe she stole something. No excuses.

@GenesAndEnvironment , please tell the rest of the class what you find amusing about this.

I'll explain it to you like this:

Why would those people not just rape and kill the woman, instead of also parading her through the streets and beating her? It's as if they did it to spite the family of the guy who committed suicide, which is a behaviour that I have never heard about. Do you understand now?

N

noaccount

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2019
I understood from the beginning. It is disgusting and continues to be disgusting.

J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
I understood from the beginning. It is disgusting and continues to be disgusting.

Ok, then. We are stopping this discussion of yours here, so as not to derail this thread.

N

noaccount

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2019
We who? It's been derailed since your first grossly inappropriate comment.

Reactions: Crazy4u
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
@noname223 and yet, so many members of this forum (even females and survivors of rape and abuse) are against the death penalty or even throwing these animals into labor camps...

Check out my thread for some more quality reading...
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/ladies-please-be-careful.82047/

markimobzzdeasui

markimobzzdeasui

Life is a cruel joke
Oct 24, 2021
India is a fucked up country,More so because of the people here. Victims of Rape,abuse,domestic violence are like in a double hell here. Firstly because of what they have faced and then if they ever dare to speak the truth. From my own experience, this place is a disney land for such barbaric,evil, psychopathic assholes.

• Hugs
Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime and noname223
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Your insult was funny. Let me guess, you think I like gang rape now? Try calming down.

Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime and NumbItAll
N

noaccount

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2019
@GenesAndEnvironment - It is, in fact, disgusting to tell people to calm down about brutal violence and grossly-inappropriate reactions to it. So I won't be doing that. You both want to use this story as entertainment, and explicitly "like" Julgran's derailing, victim-blaming posts. I'm sorry you're also delusional enough to imagine you can tell me how to feel.

• Yay!
Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment
Foresight

Foresight

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2019
I'll explain it to you like this:

Why would those people not just rape and kill the woman, instead of also parading her through the streets and beating her? It's as if they did it to spite the family of the guy who committed suicide, which is a behaviour that I have never heard about. Do you understand now?
You're searching for logic and reasoning in depravity. We have to remember the brutality towards women in some cultures.

Maybe they dragged her through the streets because they could. If the culture around women's rights is that bad in the area then they don't need a defense. Maybe all they need to say is she was woman and they didn't like her for some petty reason. Maybe that's all they need to go raging against her existence in public. It gets pretty brutal out there. I guess your question is whether that's all they need to find a reason to make this a public judgment. Is that really acceptable behavior or do they need to claim she was a criminal? Am I understanding you right?

• Love
Reactions: WrongPlaceWrongTime, WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and Crazy4u
J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
You're searching for logic and reasoning in depravity. We have to remember the brutality towards women in some cultures.

Maybe they dragged her through the streets because they could. If the culture around women's rights is that bad in the area then they don't need a defense. Maybe all they need to say is she was woman and they didn't like her for some petty reason. Maybe that's all they need to go raging against her existence in public. It gets pretty brutal out there. I guess your question is whether that's all they need to find a reason to make this a public judgment. Is that really acceptable behavior or do they need to claim she was a criminal? Am I understanding you right?

Did you see the paragraph, in the referenced article, that says that other people cheered on? This makes me think that the whole situation is not just about a potential rape, and do remember that the mentioned crimes in the article are just alleged, as of yet. The outcomes in criminal cases are not based on feelings.

You are right in general about that different cultures treat this kind of situation differently, but since I'm neither racist nor prejudiced, I won't jump to any conclusions about the Indian justice system.

Keep in mind that we are talking about this specific article now, and that similar situations probably occur elsewhere at other times, which I'm mindful of, so I'm not disregarding the plight of victimized women at all. Again, the only point that I made initially is that the situation seems to be about more than rape. For example, it seems to be based on a family feud or something else - or else I don't see what the parading through the streets and the beating comes from.

Last edited:
Foresight

Foresight

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2019
It says the event is thought to be related to a personal feud, but nothing to do with stealing. It wasn't just about affection being denied. It's believed she rejected him and the boy stalked her. He then committed suicide. You'll notice that when someone commits suicide family members often look to place the blame on someone else. We deal with that issue all the time on SS with family members blaming us for their loved one's suicide. Perhaps they blamed her for his choice and maybe that's an explanation for the cheering. It appears the people cheering may have valued the life of the boy over the woman.

I personally don't need to theorize any kind of theft for this story to make sense. I also don't think it's racist to say violence against women is a problem in a certain country when it's based on quantifiable data. If women are reporting an outrageous number of rapes and women are being brutalized often then you might have an issue with women's rights in your country.

Reactions: justsayin and summers
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
There is an incalculable amount of suffering ongoing at all times and I do not understand how anyone can be okay with it or think life is a good thing overall. I guess we are evolved to just pass genes on to the next generation and the rest is just details. Personally I find it all disgusting and difficult to cope with. One of the reasons I would like to opt out of existence altogether.

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: Foresight and Crazy4u