hurtme1

hurtme1

Nov 28, 2023
Who are you to see yourself as number 1?
Everyone dies. Every doctor knows that people are like a car that has broken down, and death is a routine thing. There is nothing special about you at all.

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: Prime0, Kit1, experimentee and 2 others
suicidesheep31.1

suicidesheep31.1

hurt by life
Aug 7, 2022
the only thing special about you is that you are you. you are unique. and it makes you special.
I agree that numbers are making people in the same bag. So, with numbers, nobody is special.
your story is special because only you experienced it,
Numbers are only making oneself speciale when they are the best / championships.

Reactions: doomedtolive, DeadHead, Sprite_Geist and 2 others
Spectre

Spectre

I am serious about not taking things seriously
Nov 27, 2023
Precisely! That's why people who ctb as a form of revenge come across as so dumb to me. Like literally no one cares.

• Hugs
Reactions: zeldalover, Kit1 and _apathetic
U

user56765567

In recovery and getting help
Oct 1, 2023
This place reminds me of a quote from an old game show I used to watch. "where everything is made up and the points don't matter.". I do think that by the time all is said and done there really won't be any scoreboard to life with any high score to beat or any comparisons to each other to see who lived a better life. I don't think anybody could or should be able to that as this place is so unfair and corrupt.

Reactions: Kit1 and darksoul
Salmon can't swim

Salmon can't swim

Drowning in a sea of despair
Dec 9, 2023
...So?

Reactions: Immensevoid, myusername890, bebebeep and 5 others
K

Kit1

Enlightened
Oct 24, 2023
Who are you to see yourself as number 1?
Everyone dies. Every doctor knows that people are like a car that has broken down, and death is a routine thing. There is nothing special about you at all.
The hope is that everybperson will be special to someone in this world starting with a special, loving mother and baby relationship - unfortunately we don't all get it.

Reactions: Immensevoid, myusername890, bebebeep and 1 other person
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
I mostly agree with this. There are over 8 billion human beings living on this planet right now, and the vast majority of them do not even realize we exist while we are alive, so why would they be aware of our deaths? There would only be any widespread awareness of our existence(s) if our passing's were broadcasted by a large media outlet, and even then most of the deceased people which are brought to attention by media outlets are complete strangers to almost everybody who is watching or reading; the death of a stranger will likely be a mild afterthought who will be forgotten after a few minutes or hours, and then everybody else will return to their own lives as usual. Because of this we are not special; we are just another number.

Despite thinking that we are not all special I still believe that we are unique to an extent. I make the distinction between special and unique, because we are unique in the sense that there is nobody else in the world who has the exact same memories, experiences, relationships and life as you. Though since the majority of the human population does not know you even vaguely your own life experience(s) are probably only relevant to you for the most part. Also: a complete stranger may have a role or job which is necessary for the operation of society, and if many people who hold the same or similar roles or jobs died all at once there would definitely be a noticeable impact, so from this perspective you could be considered important. The issue though is that while the death of a certain group of workers would have a tremendous collective impact on society, it would not cause your existence to become special, because this impact would only be noticed when it happens on a large scale, so you are still just a number among the many other deaths who it took to make others realized that society cannot, or could not, function without you.

In short: We are unique, but we are not special.

Reactions: myusername890, Salmon can't swim and Kit1
P

Photographer Fizzle

Nov 18, 2023
This place reminds me of a quote from an old game show I used to watch. "where everything is made up and the points don't matter.". I do think that by the time all is said and done there really won't be any scoreboard to life with any high score to beat or any comparisons to each other to see who lived a better life. I don't think anybody could or should be able to that as this place is so unfair and corrupt.
I remember watching that growing up: Whose Line Is It Anyway?
That was a great show, more sketch comedy than game show.
Sorry. I'm being pedantic. I do that. :D

• Love
Reactions: user56765567
Abyssal

Abyssal

Kill me
Nov 26, 2023
Can we stop responding to the banned troll account. They didn't start this convo to discuss.

Reactions: user56765567 and altoids