• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

DetachedDreamer97

DetachedDreamer97

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2018
What does that mean salt out the ethanol? And why should that be necessary?
Pretty much mixing the gel hand sanitizer with salt to separate the alcohol from the gel and then filtering it through a coffee filter or a cloth. Hence you get alcohol in its liquid form while leaving the gel behind.

Reactions: Red Dog
R

Red Dog

Jul 22, 2020
Hold up. By hand sanitizer ethanol, are you gonna salt out the ethanol?
I've looked up salting out ethanol....I don't see it as a problem in fact using an ethanol based product was seen as an effective way ( Kew Gardens) of extracting the toxicity so I won't bother.

Reactions: DetachedDreamer97
DetachedDreamer97

DetachedDreamer97

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2018
I've looked up salting out ethanol....I don't see it as a problem in fact using an ethanol based product was seen as an effective way ( Kew Gardens) of extracting the toxicity so I won't bother.
I mean, the ethanol is what you need. The gel and stuff is what you don't want. Otherwise the tincture will be unpalatable. Without the thickener, the alcohol will be more pure and make things easier to extract. It's how I made my first yew tincture when I was underage. I only tossed it due to the volume of it and decided to try working on a more perfected version with less volume since I don't want to get too drunk.

Reactions: Red Dog
R

Red Dog

Jul 22, 2020
If anyone is interested, I´ll copy the the best instructions from the site:
"
Preparations:
1) Clean the leaves/seeds.
2) Dry them.
3) Simmer the needles in water for about 30 minutes, possibly with a splash of lemon juice added to the water (in order to enhance the water's extracting performance). (Skip for seeds.)
4) Retrive the yew needles from the water and then discard the water extraction (since the liquid only contains mostly volatile oils and compounds (ephedrine) that impede the taxine and make you sick. (Skip for seeds)
5) Dry the needles in a convectional oven at 85-90 Celsius and crush them. (Skip for seeds)
6) Put the crushed needles/seeds in a jar of alcohol (80 proof minimum) and stir with a clean spoon to get rid of air bubbles.
7) Cap the jar and store in a cool/dry place, away from light, shaking daily for a minimum of 1 week to a month.
8) Strain the resulting liquid extraction, boil the alcohol out and store the liquid into a colored dropper or a clean glass jar.
9) Store it in a cool/dry, place away from light, until you're ready to use it.

Notes:
Don't use the tincture unless you're 100% sure you're ready to die. There is no antidote for the poisoning.

Antiemetics should be taken when using the tincture as a precautionary measure.

This extraction is gonna taste bitter, so it's recommended you dilute it with water and probably add some flavoring to mask the taste.

The concentration of taxine in the leaves are highest at winter (2.0%) and are lowest in the summer (0.6%). The low end of the lethal dosage is 0.5 grams of leaves for every kilogram you weigh in bodyweight. Regardless of the concentration, the recommended dosage for a real attempt is 2g/kg. The concentration in seeds are always at a constant 0.92%. So the minimum is 6 seeds (0.362g)/kg. The recommended dosage is 24 seeds (1.448g)/kg. The lethal dose of taxine is 3/mg/kg.

The shelf life will be up to around 7-10 years, though making a new batch every 3-4 years would be recommended. You can extend the shelf life of the tincture by adding a little glycerin (5-10%) in the tincture. It will help stabilize the ethanol to slow down the evaporation rate.

Taxus baccata and Taxus Cuspidata are the most toxic. Don't bother with pacific yew, they only contain minimal amounts of Taxine alkaloids.

The interval between consumption and loss of consciousness is 30 minutes. So, be sure to consume the entire extracion within the time period. The quicker the better."

Seems like a pretty great way. I just gotta find the damn tree now lol .
It's on its way..stewing in a pan that I stir every day....bought some Amaretto to disguise the taste...just need to strain and boil out the alcohol...the question now is where rather than when. I'm staying at my brothers but don't want to cause him the embarrassment or fuss....might just do it out in the car.

Reactions: DeadBirdSaysGoodbye
R

Red Dog

Jul 22, 2020
I mean, the ethanol is what you need. The gel and stuff is what you don't want. Otherwise the tincture will be unpalatable. Without the thickener, the alcohol will be more pure and make things easier to extract. It's how I made my first yew tincture when I was underage. I only tossed it due to the volume of it and decided to try working on a more perfected version with less volume since I don't want to get too drunk.
I intend to disguise the taste with amaretto...Italian alcohol with strong taste....

R

Red Dog

Jul 22, 2020
If anyone is interested, I´ll copy the the best instructions from the site:
"
Preparations:
1) Clean the leaves/seeds.
2) Dry them.
3) Simmer the needles in water for about 30 minutes, possibly with a splash of lemon juice added to the water (in order to enhance the water's extracting performance). (Skip for seeds.)
4) Retrive the yew needles from the water and then discard the water extraction (since the liquid only contains mostly volatile oils and compounds (ephedrine) that impede the taxine and make you sick. (Skip for seeds)
5) Dry the needles in a convectional oven at 85-90 Celsius and crush them. (Skip for seeds)
6) Put the crushed needles/seeds in a jar of alcohol (80 proof minimum) and stir with a clean spoon to get rid of air bubbles.
7) Cap the jar and store in a cool/dry place, away from light, shaking daily for a minimum of 1 week to a month.
8) Strain the resulting liquid extraction, boil the alcohol out and store the liquid into a colored dropper or a clean glass jar.
9) Store it in a cool/dry, place away from light, until you're ready to use it.

Notes:
Don't use the tincture unless you're 100% sure you're ready to die. There is no antidote for the poisoning.

Antiemetics should be taken when using the tincture as a precautionary measure.

This extraction is gonna taste bitter, so it's recommended you dilute it with water and probably add some flavoring to mask the taste.

The concentration of taxine in the leaves are highest at winter (2.0%) and are lowest in the summer (0.6%). The low end of the lethal dosage is 0.5 grams of leaves for every kilogram you weigh in bodyweight. Regardless of the concentration, the recommended dosage for a real attempt is 2g/kg. The concentration in seeds are always at a constant 0.92%. So the minimum is 6 seeds (0.362g)/kg. The recommended dosage is 24 seeds (1.448g)/kg. The lethal dose of taxine is 3/mg/kg.

The shelf life will be up to around 7-10 years, though making a new batch every 3-4 years would be recommended. You can extend the shelf life of the tincture by adding a little glycerin (5-10%) in the tincture. It will help stabilize the ethanol to slow down the evaporation rate.

Taxus baccata and Taxus Cuspidata are the most toxic. Don't bother with pacific yew, they only contain minimal amounts of Taxine alkaloids.

The interval between consumption and loss of consciousness is 30 minutes. So, be sure to consume the entire extracion within the time period. The quicker the better."

Seems like a pretty great way. I just gotta find the damn tree now lol .
Well that went spectacularly wrong. I followed the instructions as I thought to the letter and experienced nothing but wooziest feeling from possibly the alcohol...which I thought I'd boiled out...no ill effects whatsoever. It was yew...as described. All I can think of was that the leaves weren't strong enough...picked in August. Got the weight right-almost double. Trying again with another tree and bigger needles . Am I over drying in the oven? I dry them until they are crushable by hand.. they go black in colour.... crush until as small a particle as possible....soaked for 10 days...

Reactions: caliban and Deleted member 1768
A

alexit

Mage
Jun 3, 2020
Well that went spectacularly wrong. I followed the instructions as I thought to the letter and experienced nothing but wooziest feeling from possibly the alcohol...which I thought I'd boiled out...no ill effects whatsoever. It was yew...as described. All I can think of was that the leaves weren't strong enough...picked in August. Got the weight right-almost double. Trying again with another tree and bigger needles . Am I over drying in the oven? I dry them until they are crushable by hand.. they go black in colour.... crush until as small a particle as possible....soaked for 10 days...
Have there been any comparisons in tincture preparations of those that involve heat and those that don't? The procedures I've seen just involve placing the chopped herbs in a mason jar 2/3 full, filling the jar with alcohol, sealing it shut with plastic under lid, letting the solution ferment in a dark place for 6 weeks, shaking it twice a day.

R

Red Dog

Jul 22, 2020
Decided not to dry in oven but to use fresh and mince in smoothie maker and then mix with fruit and sleeping pills as a drinkable concoction. Apparently 50 g is enough but I shall use a 100g. Fresh leaves should do it hopefully.

R

Red Dog

Jul 22, 2020
R

Red Dog

Jul 22, 2020
All parts are toxic except the red part of the berries. (My guess is that the red parts are not toxic because the seeds are dispersed by birds and killing the birds would not make evolutionary sense.) However, the seeds inside the berries ARE toxic. Usually animals die by eating the leaves, as they are (fairly obviously!) the part most easily eaten by a grazing animal. However, I don't know about dosage (though I have seen what is cited in some online sources). The concentration of any substance in any plant can be rather variable, so you would need to treat numbers you find online as rough indicators, not precise amounts.
I've just tried 5 times the amount to kill a man......reportedly 50 Grams- so I used 250...made a paste in the smoothie maker....mixed it with pea and ham soup....washed each gulp with a sip of water and a bit of banana to lessen the taste...again only felt woozy and 6 hours later I have no ill effects whatsoever. WTF do I need to do to end it all? It is a Yew tree...it is very old... It has red berries- not enough to collect as the birds got them first-I tried the tincture but that had the same effect leaving me woozy but nothing else. It's the second Yew tree that I've tried. Am I resistant to yew?

R

Red Dog

Jul 22, 2020
I've just tried 5 times the amount to kill a man......reportedly 50 Grams- so I used 250...made a paste in the smoothie maker....mixed it with pea and ham soup....washed each gulp with a sip of water and a bit of banana to lessen the taste...again only felt woozy and 6 hours later I have no ill effects whatsoever. WTF do I need to do to end it all? It is a Yew tree...it is very old... It has red berries- not enough to collect as the birds got them first-I tried the tincture but that had the same effect leaving me woozy but nothing else. It's the second Yew tree that I've tried. Am I resistant to yew?
Just gathered red berries from the old Yew at Much Marcle...1500 years old...got over 100 I think...just need to wash them....and I shall crush them....also bought 30 on e-bay....that should be enough...third time lucky... still trying to work o
Just gathered red berries from the old Yew at Much Marcle...1500 years old...got over 100 I think...just need to wash them....and I shall crush them....also bought 30 on e-bay....that should be enough...third time lucky... still trying to work o
That's Much Marcle in Herefordshire England...the tree is older than the church....and the tree is so big (30 foot girth) there are 3 bench seats inside to sit on...very peaceful....church is pretty....built on the backs of the poor...

Last edited:
catalepsy

catalepsy

Student
Sep 4, 2020
I heard an anecdotal report about a guy working some yew branches on a lathe dying from inhaling the fumes that came off it. Dunno if I believe that, but I do know yew leaves and berries and especially the seeds are very toxic.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993
R

Red Dog

Jul 22, 2020

That's Much Marcle in Herefordshire England...the tree is older than the church....and the tree is so big (30 foot girth) there are 3 bench seats inside to sit on...very peaceful....church is pretty....built on the backs of the poor...
I wonder if I could use the smoothie maker to crush the seeds....? Possibly too small...
I heard an anecdotal report about a guy working some yew branches on a lathe dying from inhaling the fumes that came off it. Dunno if I believe that, but I do know yew leaves and berries and especially the seeds are very toxic.
Turns out I picked 204 berries...just ate some- delicious....saved the seeds...and crushed the rest in the smoothie maker...going to get some more tomorrow just to make sure this time...seeds are obviously a much smaller entity than leaves and with the sweetness of the fruit should be much more palatable and easier to down. Might have cracked it at last....From what I've read and experienced from downing the leaf paste (with no effect) I hope the seeds are more toxic. Found some cob nuts on the way...first I've had since France....also delicious in their own right.
I wonder if I could use the smoothie maker to crush the seeds....? Possibly too small...

Turns out I picked 204 berries...just ate some- delicious....saved the seeds...and crushed the rest in the smoothie maker...going to get some more tomorrow just to make sure this time...seeds are obviously a much smaller entity than leaves and with the sweetness of the fruit should be much more palatable and easier to down. Might have cracked it at last....From what I've read and experienced from downing the leaf paste (with no effect) I hope the seeds are more toxic. Found some cob nuts on the way...first I've had since France....also delicious in their own right.
Thought....how do you know about the toxicity?
They look like the berries. You can eat the red bit without harm-it's the seeds inside that does the trick.
That's a terrible price....just got 10 for £1.99.....
Hey
Just wondering if these seeds look legitimate

That's a terrible price. Just got 10 of eBay for £1.99...free postage.

Last edited:
R

Red Dog

Jul 22, 2020

Just picked another 214 berries from the Much Marcle yew....I've washed them...bunged them in the smoothie maker and they're a nice pink colour...haven't tried a taste...left it in the fridge. Too upset to take it just now. Trying to figure out the best time....don't want to leave it too late in case I need more. This is my last throw of the dice...hopefully. It's a total of over 400 as I got over 200 the other day.... seeds mashed up with the flesh-juices this time....should make it more palatable.... If that doesn't do it nothing will.
Just picked another 214 berries from the Much Marcle yew....I've washed them...bunged them in the smoothie maker and they're a nice pink colour...haven't tried a taste...left it in the fridge. Too upset to take it just now. Trying to figure out the best time....don't want to leave it too late in case I need more. This is my last throw of the dice...hopefully. It's a total of over 400 seeds as I got over 200 the other day.... seeds mashed up with the flesh-juices this time....should make it more palatable.... If that doesn't do it nothing will. From what I've read and calculated it only needs 125 seeds so.....400 plus should do.
In total I've tried 6 yew trees. Two of which were Irish yew and not toxic apparently.....so look carefully at the leaves. ...the others were taxus baccata.... I thought I'd got the tincture right but it had no effect....I thought if I just made the leaves into a paste and then added water that would do it but nothing.... so now it's all down to 400 seeds and the flesh of the berries to make them palatable.
Here are excerpts from a scientific paper I found:

So this reinforces my assumption that drying the plant is a very good idea. On the other hand, they used sulphuric acid and that stuff burns (unless 0.5% is very mild?), so maybe substituting it for something harmless could do the trick?

I wish more people would research this method, as I'm quite fascinated by it, but am terminally stupid.

EDIT:
But then, people are simply eating the damn thing and die promptly despite hospitalisation. So maybe I'll just reconnect with Mother Nature and graze the tree like a deranged deer stark-naked and high as a kite.

Bits from another study (DOI: 10.4323/rjlm.2013.115):

Scrape my past post about saplings, looks like any Bacatta tree works.
I tried 250 g of leaves with no effect at all...
Just want to say I tried taking seeds and it didn't work for me.

Bought about 400 seeds from some online seller of all types of ornamental tree and shrub seeds. Seeds came in little bags labeled Taxus baccata and they looked like taxus baccata seeds I've seen pictures of online. I stared at them for maybe two months before I decided it was time to try. I crushed the seeds in the bag until they were all little bits, because if you just eat the seeds straight they will pass through you without any effect. I then waited maybe another 3 days before I was going to try them. Over the course of three or four hours one night, I began eating small amounts of the seeds bits, chasing them down with water or chocolate. That night I took maybe 60 seeds worth of seed bits. I experienced practically no symptoms. There was a little grumbling in my stomach but I never even felt the urge to throw up. I took only 60 seeds worth that night just to see what it might feel like. I'm pretty sure I imagined a lot of symptoms out of paranoia because my hands were shaking like I was jittery, I thought I had a minor headache for a few minutes, and I thought I felt some tiny pain in my chest, but I'm almost certain I was just me creating those symptoms in my mind.

So I tried again the next day, and once again over the course of maybe 3 or 4 hours I ate bits of the seeds. I probably ate about 200 seeds worth of seed bits. It was the same story. All I felt was a little grumbling in my stomach but never enough to even feel sick. That news story about the guy in England who took 400 seeds and died said 400 was many times the lethal dose. I feel like 200 seeds, even if not the lethal dose, would at least have made me experience symptoms.

Regardless, I have some ideas why it might not have worked, but they are just wild speculation. First, perhaps the taxine poison in the seeds had become inactivated or dried out in the 3-4 days I left the seed bits sitting around. Second, there was some seed oil mush stuck to the plastic bag I mashed the seeds up in that I didn't eat or lick, so perhaps the poison leaked out into the plastic and I was just eating harmless seed bits at that point. Third, I had some food in my stomach both nights, but not that much, but still it might have been enough to soak up the taxine and only release it slowly so that it didn't have enough effect, similar to how eating bread and pizza when you are drinking alcohol slows the absorption and you won't get dangerously drunk. Fourth, because I was taking small amounts of seed bits over the course of 3-4 hours, perhaps the concentration of taxine was never high enough to do anything - you might need to take the seeds all at once in order for it to work. Fifth, I had some tea that night, so perhaps the caffeine that keeps people awake and alert and their heart pumping a little faster than usual counteracted the taxine which affects the heart as well. But again, this is only wild speculation. There are an infinite number of reasons why it might not have worked. My best guess is reason 1 or reason 4. They say yew poisoning is rare, so perhaps this experience has something to do with that.

Hope this account helps other people.
I've just collected over 400 seeds....mashed them up with the flesh in a smoothie maker....and hoping that will work....collected the berries from the 1500 year old yew in Much Marcle Herefordshire England....here's hoping.

Last edited:
Reactions: kwho and DeadBirdSaysGoodbye
D

DeadBirdSaysGoodbye

Sep 21, 2020
It's on its way..stewing in a pan that I stir every day....bought some Amaretto to disguise the taste...just need to strain and boil out the alcohol...the question now is where rather than when. I'm staying at my brothers but don't want to cause him the embarrassment or fuss....might just do it out in the car.
Amazing. Thanks Red Dog.
Just picked another 214 berries from the Much Marcle yew....I've washed them...bunged them in the smoothie maker and they're a nice pink colour...haven't tried a taste...left it in the fridge. Too upset to take it just now. Trying to figure out the best time....don't want to leave it too late in case I need more. This is my last throw of the dice...hopefully. It's a total of over 400 as I got over 200 the other day.... seeds mashed up with the flesh-juices this time....should make it more palatable.... If that doesn't do it nothing will.

In total I've tried 6 yew trees. Two of which were Irish yew and not toxic apparently.....so look carefully at the leaves. ...the others were taxus baccata.... I thought I'd got the tincture right but it had no effect....I thought if I just made the leaves into a paste and then added water that would do it but nothing.... so now it's all down to 400 seeds and the flesh of the berries to make them palatable.

I tried 250 g of leaves with no effect at all...

I've just collected over 400 seeds....mashed them up with the flesh in a smoothie maker....and hoping that will work....collected the berries from the 1500 year old yew in Much Marcle Herefordshire England....here's hoping.
The poison is in the seed & the leaves & the bark but not the flesh of the berry from what I've read. Why eat flesh of the berry?.
Better picked in January. Seeds are the most poisonous. Skip the seeds no poison.
Amazing. Thanks Red Dog.

The poison is in the seed & the leaves & the bark but not the flesh of the berry from what I've read. Why eat flesh of the berry?.

Better picked in January. Seeds are the most poisonous. Skip the seeds no poison.
Sorry - just read the thread fully & you know all that right?!. Sorry!!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: DetachedDreamer97
S

sfabians

Student
Nov 7, 2021
Hello, I have 20 yew seeds in my possession. If I crush them and swallow them with a glass of water, what do you think will happen? I ask because some people say they have to make a coctail or mix them with alcohol.

I hope someone has an answer to help me. Thanks.

More information: https://qr.ae/pGDUac

Reactions: lobster salad
DetachedDreamer97

DetachedDreamer97

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2018
Hello, I have 20 yew seeds in my possession. If I crush them and swallow them with a glass of water, what do you think will happen? I ask because some people say they have to make a coctail or mix them with alcohol.

Absolutely nothing. At worst, you'll probably just get an upset stomach. It's not that easy.

The truth is, you need at least 100 times more, depending on your body weight. Or… at least 24 seeds/kg… or… 1.44 grams/kg.

Also, you can do either, but to make it efficient, it's better to consume it as an extract. I'm working on perfecting mine, and I think I will on my next attempt once my seeds arrive. I've ordered 200 grams (~3316 seeds), plus another 2000 seeds. Overkill, but it should be sufficient to get the job done.

I've decided I'm gonna extract the taxine alkaloids in the form of a fumarate salt. I'll share once I complete it.

Last edited:
Reactions: lobster salad and Beeper
Dot

Dot

Globl mod | Info abt typng styl on prfle.
Sep 26, 2021

Red Dog said ws usng apprx 400 thn nvr returnd..

DetachedDreamer97

DetachedDreamer97

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2018
Red Dog said ws usng apprx 400 thn nvr returnd..
That's the low end of the lethal dose. But yeah, that's correct. Keep in mind, an antiemetic is necessary due to oils and ephedrine.

Reactions: Wrennie
obliviousatbest

obliviousatbest

atrophy
Nov 10, 2021
Any chance you could recommend an anti-emetic? preferably non prescription

Reactions: sfabians
DetachedDreamer97

DetachedDreamer97

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2018
Any chance you could recommend an anti-emetic? preferably non prescription
Scopolamine... available on ebay as Kwells (20 USD) or Datura Inoxia Seeds ( USD).

10-20 Seeds or 2 tablets is the recommended dose.

Reactions: healthrecovery
H

healthrecovery

Specialist
Sep 25, 2021
Datura metel is better or even better are brugmansia seeds

DetachedDreamer97

DetachedDreamer97

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2018
Datura metel is better or even better are brugmansia seeds
Alright, go for it… I usually get brugmansia seeds. But the scopolamine content is more consistent in datura than brugmansia.

lmon

lmon

Specialist
Jan 9, 2022
I made the tincture of yew leaves last winter but I didn't use it. I had about 900 grams of leaves after I had crushed them which is probably too much. I tasted a little bit of tincture and I experienced a loss of hearing immediately. I could still hear but like through some walls. I thought maybe if I fail, I may become deaf or blind and didn't use it since I wasn't sure about the reliability of it and found very little information about consequences of surviving.

The leaves are more toxic than the seed. The concentration of taxine in the leaves are highest at winter (2.0%) and are lowest in the summer (0.6%). There are different kinds of yew trees, Taxus baccata and Taxus Cuspidata are the most toxic. Pacific yew contain minimal amounts of Taxine alkaloids and there are many more. How to distinguish between them, I have no idea.

I got everything I needed to know about making a tincture and other information from here:
https://8ch.net/suicide/res/18839.html
Is this said to be painful?
You know I thought this would be simple. I'd buy a yew tree, have it delivered to my apartment, and sit around eating it. Then I'd die. But no, darned tree eating suicide has to be difficult doesn't it?
How is it difficult

DetachedDreamer97

DetachedDreamer97

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2018
Is this said to be painful?
It's kinda a weird feeling. Hard to describe, but I wouldn't call it painful if you can rule out the oils and ephedrine, plus other compounds like formic and tannic acids.
How is it difficult
The taste, and the volatile oils that can cause vomiting.

Take this as an illustration of how much oil is in there.
6C76A7B3 C892 483A ACF5 58429DF3F538

I've no idea how much oil is in the leaves, but the oils there are irritating to the GI-tract.

Seed oil is probably less irritating, but… it's not very palatable either. And the amount of that is 30-40% in dry weight. What you see in the pic is my hexane extraction (defat pull) of 222 grams of crushed seeds.

The dark color paints a good picture on how much there is.

It's not impossible as people have died from eating seeds, but it's more efficient to consume it as an extract.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: lmon and Wrennie
angiegirl30

angiegirl30

Student
Jan 20, 2022
Yea tree poisoning is rare but it can happen. But here's a reality check for those who are considering it. I'm a critical care nurse. Although there is no antidote for yew tree toxicity, medical treatment can be given to support your body to clear the effects of the poison from your system. A critical care team would more than likely put a trans venous pacemaker in to help your heart maintain a healthy rate and rhythm. You would also be put on a breathing machine. And if your local hospital offers it, an ECMO machine. This is the ultimate in life support. And it is not a pretty picture. You may also be lucky and get continuous dialysis. I'm not saying any of this to scare anyone or dissuade you. I've read several posts regarding ctb and what might happen if not successful. There doesn't seem to be a lot of info. regarding care after failed attempts. I just think you should be aware of what could occur. What I described is just the tip of the iceberg. There is so much more. Please be careful in what you decide.

• Informative
Reactions: vak, DetachedDreamer97 and Wrennie
lmon

lmon

Specialist
Jan 9, 2022
Yea tree poisoning is rare but it can happen. But here's a reality check for those who are considering it. I'm a critical care nurse. Although there is no antidote for yew tree toxicity, medical treatment can be given to support your body to clear the effects of the poison from your system. A critical care team would more than likely put a trans venous pacemaker in to help your heart maintain a healthy rate and rhythm. You would also be put on a breathing machine. And if your local hospital offers it, an ECMO machine. This is the ultimate in life support. And it is not a pretty picture. You may also be lucky and get continuous dialysis. I'm not saying any of this to scare anyone or dissuade you. I've read several posts regarding ctb and what might happen if not successful. There doesn't seem to be a lot of info. regarding care after failed attempts. I just think you should be aware of what could occur. What I described is just the tip of the iceberg. There is so much more. Please be careful in what you decide.
What is continuous dialysis?
8A680F99 B306 47A1 BBBC F6D01F332230
Ok wtf which yew lol