A

AnotherStatistic

Oct 11, 2023
First things first, Im not trying to hurt my family. I know they love me so they dont suspect anything, so when i go i dont want them to start making shit up and putting it on themselves. I want to try answer their questions ahead of time so that when the time comes i can try soften the blow.

Second, i have a low iq and add which is why i am unable to think of these things myself. I sorry i have to rely on you for this, but i have no one else

So, people of SaSu, what questions would a normal person ask? What do people want to know after a loved one revoked their right to live? Ask me all the questions so that i can leave this place at least slightly prepared.
I might answer you with what im telling them but you can ignore it - im just another bunch of words on your screen

Reactions: Sid19
hikikomorizombie

hikikomorizombie

Ouch
Jan 15, 2024
i'm not leaving a note bc i have no reason to, but they typically cover:
• why
• what u were thinking & feeling in ur final days/weeks/months
• how long u knew u were going to kys
• if they're to blame/are @ fault in any way (unfortunately they'll prob still blame themselves regardless of what u say)
• what made u hate being alive so much that kys was ur only option & not even they/their love could save u
• what u want done w ur corpse
• any final messages/things u want to say to any of them

Last edited:
Reactions: Mayonaise and Sid19
U

uniqueusername12

Jan 18, 2024
I've done both voice and written notes. Plus a USB stick of funny videos.

I don't know the best way to say goodbye. So I've tried them all. I too do not want anyone to feel pain, even the ones that have let me down.

It will leave pain behind, that I am sure. Regardless of what is said. Just be as truthful and honest as you can be.

Reactions: Sid19
S

Sid19

Student
May 26, 2023
I've done both voice and written notes. Plus a USB stick of funny videos.

I don't know the best way to say goodbye. So I've tried them all. I too do not want anyone to feel pain, even the ones that have let me down.

It will leave pain behind, that I am sure. Regardless of what is said. Just be as truthful and honest as you can be.
I will be doing the same so my family no matter how good or bad they were to me, will be able to move on, or at least that's what I hope so.

Mayonaise

Mayonaise

Burning up in speed
Dec 8, 2023
@hikikomorizombie gave a pretty good answer, I will only add one thing: since you don't want to hurt your family, make it very clear that it's not their fault, that they did their best but in the end nothing they could have done would have changed your mind.
Tell them that you love them and that you want to be remembered for your good qualities.
As obvious as it may sound, I'm terribly sorry for your situation.

Neon Grave

Neon Grave

AuDHD, trying my best.
Apr 6, 2023
I might add, somewhat related, a note of what you do or don't want should you somehow manage to survive but are unable to medically advocate for yourself. I've seen families argue fiercely over what to do about their loved ones who failed an attempt and are either on hospice or life support. "Five Wishes" is a good document for reference.

Reactions: Mayonaise