DyingToDie123

DyingToDie123

she/her
Oct 25, 2023
Has anyone considered this? Something on Facebook or somewhere else where it will be found by people beyond family and close friends.

I have a not huge but decent following of acquaintances etc. who seemed to take some interest in my occasional mental health-related posts before I went dark in early September when my depression and ideation really amped up, so I feel like it would at least be interesting to some people if nothing else.

I'm also in a situation where a big reason I want to ctb is because of the way some people have hurt my reputation, and while I don't know what certain people are saying about me because they've blocked me, I wouldn't put it past them to share their biased side of the story after my death or sooner.

There is a part of me that is so so tempted to just write something so people know my side of the story. The petty and immature part of me also fantasizes about naming and blaming the people who did make my life unliveable even though that will probably just paint me in a worse light.

I feel like there's a lot of things that can go wrong here though, like a timed post that random acquaintances could see before my family does just seems rude, and god forbid I fail the attempt and don't take the post down in time.

B

BrokeJoblessGenXer

Oct 26, 2023
I️'ve thought about the exact same thing and have the same concerns. Failing to ctb would be the worst thing ever…bring forced to stick around after failing and possibly being unable to try again.

reallysleepy

reallysleepy

She/her
Oct 25, 2023
I don't know how that works but maybe you can set it up for like 2 weeks or 1 months after you ctb? That way there are no chances of your family finding out after the public letter and you can cancel it if you don't ctb

Reactions: BrokeJoblessGenXer