• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

deflagrat

deflagrat

¡Si hablas español mándame un mensaje privado!
Apr 9, 2018
It depends if I have money or not. You will have a hard time trying to be homeless without money. The more I live the more I think I will end up living on disability or simply sleeping almost the entire day. I wish I was older, I don't want to deal with a failed suicide attempt... The maximum amount of time they give you money (from the government) is 3 years, plus 11 months if you have more than 45 y.o. But then again I would probably die soon due to a medical problem. I hope my parents live for a long time... I still want to see what happens to this world.

A

Amy Ulrich

Jul 15, 2018
It's not too bad to be homeless on it's own. For instance if you have money, you can have a car, then it's easy. Or if you can use the bus whenever you want. A disability pass or enough miney to use the bus or living in a place where it isnt hard to get people to pah for your bus. You have no police bothering you. It may take a while to find the safe places with no police but then it will be better then it was before you found the places because the police won't wake you up anymore. Being homeless is not emotionally difficult all by itself. Sure one day you might get stuck in the rain but that is only for one day. You can still do everything you could do before as long as it is free. For example, you can go to karaoke and watch movies.

If you have a lot of stuff of sentimental value that might be hurt by someone instead of stired safely and an abusive person who will destroy those items and a warrant and a particular difficulty above the norm in dealing with jail and no phone at all and no library in your town and can't travel to another town and no sandals and a broken foot, then homeless is horrible. But if it's your first time and you don't have a girlfriend (or your girlfriend is homeless too) then it isn't really hard at all except for a few hours on the specific days you get stuck. If you have no girlfriend who is not homeless then you will also be able to easily move around the country to find which location is the best place for you. For example some have more libraries in case you don't have a laptop, some have more people hanging out all day outside to be friends, some have a higher or lower frequency of going home with someone, some have more activities to do every day, some have different weather, different levels of beauty and comfort of places to sleep, different personality types, different services types and amount, different price and amount if of places covered by the buses, and different amounts of jobs either the "normal" kind or the "come do stuff for me" kind.

Killing yourself SOLELY just to homeless is pretty silly and unnecessary especially if it's your first time, but if there are other circumstances with it then there may be a reason because of those.

T

Tiburcio

Killing yourself SOLELY just to homeless is pretty silly and unnecessary especially if it's your first time, but if there are other circumstances with it then there may be a reason because of those.

Are you serious?

So according with you said, being forced to live in the street (or in a car, I don't care) is a dumb reason for wating to kill yourself??? You don't know what you are saying.

A

Amy Ulrich

Jul 15, 2018

Are you serious?

So according with you said, being forced to live in the street (or in a car, I don't care) is a dumb reason for wating to kill yourself??? You don't know what you are saying.

I never said that although such a statement would obviously be the literal opposite of "wrong" other then this hypothetical person calling someone "dumb" just for wanting to kill themselves, since obviously merely living in a car or outside is not particularly horrifying all by itself (at least not if you are actually experiencing it as opposed to panicing about it before it happens with no prior experience).

.....By the way this is actually a decent forum, this is actually NOT in fact Facebook where the purpose is just to quote and argue and bully people for no reason. So if that is what you want then go there and get banned for the Internet just for asking questions or support. You are in the wrong place if that is your method of interacting.

Empty Smile

Empty Smile

The final Bell has rung. Goodbye to all.
Jul 13, 2018
I did homelessness for about 3 years, from 18 to right before I was 21. I did it by choice. Did a lot of travelling in that time from hitch hiking to train hopping. It had its ups and downs. I got a lot of rides from truckers, which is why I became interested in trucks, and became a trucker myself.

Now, if I was facing the choice of death or homeless, it would be death. If that wasn't an option, then I would go do what I love, and that's getting lost in the woods.

M

Mecha Man

Experienced
Jul 16, 2018
Fuck, I live a pretty comfortable life and I already want to die pretty badly (I think somebody else said this too).

I think if I was homeless it would actually make it easier for me to kill myself, because right now I have all these fancy toys to distract me, and my family trying (unsuccessfully) to give me inspirational speeches, and paying for therapists and psychiatrists and such. If I didn't have all of that shit, if I didn't have anything, or anyone at all, it seems like it'd be pretty easy to just go buy a rope and hang myself or something.

SunSetsForever

SunSetsForever

Apr 6, 2018
I'm living fairly cushy myself. Having most of the things I've ever wanted has made me realize just how pointless it all is.
Now, the things I want most are freedom. To travel a bit more, to not work unless it's on something I'm passionate about, or, more than anything, to die peacefully in my sleep. That's probably the thing I look forward to most; sleeping forever.
To answer your question though: Dead, for sure! The vagabond lifestyle is appealing to me though, but only for a little while, and if I have hidden funds. Homeless with no opportunity or options, that sounds horrible to me. That's why I always give to any homeless people I come across. I don't care what they use it on, as long as it gives them a few moments reprieve from negative feelings

Reactions: Anarchy and Severen
Vvcv

Vvcv

Jul 17, 2018

Are you serious?

Well, it depends on the weather but in Spain nights are actually torelable, so living in a car wouldn't be that bad as long as you have enough space to sleep. You would have to go to the social worker to get your monthly income and you could spend the entire day in the library, studying, browsing the Internet or whatever. It's not so bad but I don't know if you could keep getting money forever (usually, they stop after 3 years).

Reactions: Amy Ulrich