Would you put off CTB if you magically became a billionaire ?

• No. I won't put it off ❌

• Yes by a few days 🌞

• Yes by a few months 🗓️

• Yes by a few years 🗓️...

• Yes , I will postpone it permenantly ♾️

Results are only viewable after voting.
Takamagahara

Takamagahara

Seeker Of Heaven
Aug 8, 2023
I'm not here to agree or disagree with what your saying, but with this mindset why not just throw all your money into the lottery.

That way, if you lose you have even more reasons to ctb, and if you somehow win then ur saved.

NOW UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE AM I TELLING YOU TO DO THIS. Just curious since if your suicidal and planning to ctb anyways why not just yolo ur funds.
fun fact, i did this with the stock market. made money. it didn't really fix anything. i just bought some nicer things. that's all.

you need a shitload of money to have freedom from the banalities of modern life. a little here and there really isn't going to do much for most people here, i think.

Reactions: LonelyKitten
Holu

Holu

Hypomania go brrr
Apr 5, 2023
fun fact, i did this with the stock market. made money. it didn't really fix anything. i just bought some nicer things. that's all.

you need a shitload of money to have freedom from the banalities of modern life. a little here and there really isn't going to do much for most people here, i think.
Ye I woulda said stocks but realistically you need a good amount of money to actually profit a shitload in a short amount of time.

As for lotto, most of the times(assuming u win big), id assume if you just take the lump sum and throw it into a bank your gonna be able to live the interest rates off a savings account and have plenty spare for stupid shit.

D

Deleted member 65988

Always good to get that ray of sunshine from FuneralCry. The reality is 99.999% would postpone indefinitely. Life is too good at the top. I don't believe anyone who says they'd CTB after becoming a billionaire. Money solves almost all problems and opens up a world of wonders.
Very true, life is good at the top and being a billionaire means that you'll get to live out plenty of experiences and new possibilities enough to postpone Ctb although only for a few months for me, it'd be nice to indulge but I'd most definitely find better ways to ctb in meanwhile. Money won't necessarily fix everything.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: CW36
CW36

CW36

➕〰️➰
Jul 23, 2023
You get the response you deserve 'fwompie'. You decided to start all this. I think it's clear that the you're jealous of the super rich. I have a level head and I don't envy those who have more. If anyone's being black and white here it's you, talking about hating society 'ESPECIALLY' the rich. Talk about generalisations! Hate is a very a strong and negative word, which shouldn't be used so flippantly. And using block capitals is a very immature thing to do. Have you thought that you might be the missing percentage? You're clearly a very bitter individual, who isn't grateful for what he's got. There are many here who have next to nothing, who would give anything for a middle class life.

Very true, life is too good at the top and being a billionaire means that you'll get to live out plenty of experiences and new possibilities enough to postpone Ctb.
A rational response 👍🏼

Last edited:
Reactions: Amyend88, pthnrdnojvsc and Deleted member 65988
fwompie

fwompie

pit rat
Aug 9, 2023
You get the response you deserve 'fwompie'. You decided to start all this. I think it's clear that the you're jealous of the super rich. I have a level head and I don't envy those who have more. If anyone's being black and white here it's you, talking about hating society 'ESPECIALLY' the rich. Talk about generalisations! Hate is a very a strong and negative word, which shouldn't be used so flippantly. And using block capitals is a very immature thing to do. Have you thought that you might be the missing percentage? You're clearly a very bitter individual, who isn't grateful for what he's got. There are many here who have next to nothing, who would give anything for a middle class life.

A rational response 👍🏼
You are very indoctrinated, didn't even bother to quote my response so I would directly read it. I'm not jealous if the rich and you don't become rich without exploiting others. Being rich is a crime to me. I do not envy them, I strongly dislike them and their choices, especially when they do ridiculous stuff with their money instead of using it for a greater good. If you care about capitalisation you really have nothing better to get at me. That's truly pathetic.

There are many out here who have nothing, and billionaires and rich people are making it worse instead of spending a tiny percentage of their money to help the world out.

Someone might need to age check you because you don't sound "level headed" enough to make rational choices right now.

• Love
Reactions: iwanttoleave2000, Kerrtu, Octavia and 1 other person
Holu

Holu

Hypomania go brrr
Apr 5, 2023
You are very indoctrinated, didn't even bother to quote my response so I would directly read it. I'm not jealous if the rich and you don't become rich without exploiting others. Being rich is a crime to me. I do not envy them, I strongly dislike them and their choices, especially when they do ridiculous stuff with their money instead of using it for a greater good. If you care about capitalisation you really have nothing better to get at me. That's truly pathetic.

There are many out here who have nothing, and billionaires and rich people are making it worse instead of spending a tiny percentage of their money to help the world out.

Someone might need to age check you because you don't sound "level headed" enough to make rational choices right now.
Listen they might not be doing a lot to help the world but it's cuz they are doing more important things like

Bezos goin to space
Mark Zuck and Elon boutta box

In truth they just know better what you need and it's this

• Yay!
Reactions: Octavia and fwompie
CW36

CW36

➕〰️➰
Jul 23, 2023

I apologise for not replying to you directly 'My Lord', lol. Being rich is a crime to you? You do realise that capitalism creates innovation? The capitalisation was just an added bonus you threw my way. The more you respond, the more I lower the estimate of your age. As I said, you're basically bitter and envy of the rich, and that's not healthy or productive. Remove that chip off your shoulder and start having a better approach to life. I feel bad continuing this debate, as it's clear I'm going back and forth with a simpleton. You're new here, so hopefully you'll learn how to talk to people better going forward.

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: Amyend88 and pthnrdnojvsc
K

Klophy

Lost...
Jun 28, 2022
As a billionaire? Definitely.

That amount of money is insane, the number of people I'd be able to help is crazy.

Would I feel better about myself? Probably not.

fwompie

fwompie

pit rat
Aug 9, 2023
I apologise for not replying to you directly 'My Lord', lol. Being rich is a crime to you? You do realise that capitalism creates innovation? The capitalisation was just an added bonus you threw my way. The more you respond, the more I lower the estimate of your age. As I said, you're basically bitter and envy of the rich, and that's not healthy or productive. Remove that chip off your shoulder and start having a better approach to life. I feel bad continuing this debate, as it's clear I'm going back and forth with a simpleton.
I Just don't get how you can continue to say such dumb shit and think you're making a good argument. Unironically using the word simpleton?
You clearly don't have enough knowledge about how society would work outside of capitalism. If there was no capitalism there would still be innovation, that's a uninformed idea. Under capitalism there's actually less innovation. Look into it.
You're not making arguments, not saying anything sencical you're just continuously insulting me.

Reactions: Kerrtu
D

doneforlife

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2023
The one thing money will do is take away the anxiety of the unknown future. I will not have to worry about holding on to a job or saving money to buy a home. It will be helpful for few years , no doubt. I would still want to have access to painless exit because money doesn't guarantee that.

Reactions: Orbitc, 𖣴 nadia 𖣴 and leland
Holu

Holu

Hypomania go brrr
Apr 5, 2023
I Just don't get how you can continue to say such dumb shit and think you're making a good argument. Unironically using the word simpleton?
You clearly don't have enough knowledge about how society would work outside of capitalism. If there was no capitalism there would still be innovation, that's a uninformed idea. Under capitalism there's actually less innovation. Look into it.
You're not making arguments, not saying anything sencical you're just continuously insulting me.
Idk L + Simpleton + Elon daddy give me 10000 dollars + monopolies good cuz free market + this is peak economy + greedflation is healthy stop listening to people with degrees in economics

• Yay!
Reactions: fwompie
fwompie

fwompie

pit rat
Aug 9, 2023
I apologise for not replying to you directly 'My Lord', lol. Being rich is a crime to you? You do realise that capitalism creates innovation? The capitalisation was just an added bonus you threw my way. The more you respond, the more I lower the estimate of your age. As I said, you're basically bitter and envy of the rich, and that's not healthy or productive. Remove that chip off your shoulder and start having a better approach to life. I feel bad continuing this debate, as it's clear I'm going back and forth with a simpleton. You're new here, so hopefully you'll learn how to talk to people better going forward.
Also I'm not new here, I remade

Reactions: Kerrtu
CW36

CW36

➕〰️➰
Jul 23, 2023
Oh dear, you've resorted to desperation. Communism isn't good and your ignorance regarding capitalist is beyond baffling. I'm done defeating your empty words. You were clearly born middle class, cause you come across as a bloody buffoon lol. And I haven't heard of the word 'sencical'; making words up is just cheating. If you get insulted by rational thought, then I can see why you're so bitter and bonkers. I'm done putting a fool in his place. I suggest you spend some time reflecting on yourself and wondering why you hate everyone and everything. Congratulations, you're the first person I've had to ignore; mosquitoes make better company. Whatever you say, people can see how silly you are, without the need for me to point it out with every post.

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: Amyend88 and pthnrdnojvsc
fwompie

fwompie

pit rat
Aug 9, 2023
Oh dear, you've resorted to desperation. Communism isn't good and your ignorance regarding capitalist is beyond baffling. I'm done defeating your empty words. You were clearly born middle class, cause you come across as a bloody buffoon lol. And I haven't hear of the word 'sencical'; making words up is just cheating. If you get insulted by rational thought, then I can see why you're so bitter and bonkers. I'm done putting a fool in his place. I suggest you spend some time reflecting on yourself and wondering why you hate everyone and everything. Congratulations, you're the first person I've had to ignore; mosquitoes make better company. Whatever you say, people can see how silly you are, without the need for me to point it out with every post.
My empty words? You haven't debated me at all, you just keep throwing insults and saying I'm wrong despite giving no theories or proof in any way.

English isn't my first language, I couldn't find the right spelling, are you trolling or something?

It's not rational thought, it's inhumane to support capitalism. You're not putting me in my place you're just continuously proving capitalist supporters don't know anything about economy and can't hold a debate to save their life without insulting random personal stuff.

Real easy way out ignoring me. You know you were wrong.

• Love
Reactions: Kerrtu, Octavia and Holu
NoOneLovesMiMi

NoOneLovesMiMi

Just Me
May 27, 2023
I would be able to afford to die and set my niece up in her life.

• Hugs
Reactions: MeltingBrain
SenseOfLoss

SenseOfLoss

life could have been so beautiful
Feb 24, 2023
Always good to get that ray of sunshine from FuneralCry. The reality is 99.999% would postpone indefinitely. Life is too good at the top. I don't believe anyone who says they'd CTB after becoming a billionaire. Money solves almost all problems and opens up a world of wonders.
I doubt that very much... How is money supposed to make you happy when you are seriously ill... whether physically or mentally...?

Reactions: Kerrtu, Octavia and pthnrdnojvsc
Holu

Holu

Hypomania go brrr
Apr 5, 2023
Oh dear, you've resorted to desperation. Communism isn't good and your ignorance regarding capitalist is beyond baffling. I'm done defeating your empty words. You were clearly born middle class, cause you come across as a bloody buffoon lol. And I haven't hear of the word 'sencical'; making words up is just cheating. If you get insulted by rational thought, then I can see why you're so bitter and bonkers. I'm done putting a fool in his place. I suggest you spend some time reflecting on yourself and wondering why you hate everyone and everything. Congratulations, you're the first person I've had to ignore; mosquitoes make better company. Whatever you say, people can see how silly you are, without the need for me to point it out with every post.
Just to interject finally, and your free to also ignore me but you have been incredibly hostile and disrespectful off the bat when fwompie was simply giving their perspective. By no means do you have to agree with them, but when you are constantly just throwing insults it makes you appear as the fool, and it doesn't help when you aren't actually providing points and are just using insults and being incredibly judgmental. Whilst you don't have to listen to what I'm saying, just pointing it out for future reference. We are all people here, and though it's not enforced, it's best to at least uphold a level of common decency and respect to your fellow person.

• Love
Reactions: fwompie, Kerrtu and Octavia
CW36

CW36

➕〰️➰
Jul 23, 2023
I doubt that very much... How is money supposed to make you happy when you are seriously ill... whether physically or mentally...?
Billionaires have better options for treatment and recovery. I didn't say it could solve all problems, but you've got a better chance to save your situation and explore a whole new wonderful world. People CTB for all sorts of reasons, doesn't mean those individuals all have a negative outlook life, they may just be tired of their circumstances.

• Informative
Reactions: Amyend88
SenseOfLoss

SenseOfLoss

life could have been so beautiful
Feb 24, 2023
Billionaires have better options for treatment and recovery. I didn't say it could solve all problems, but you've got a better chance to save your situation and explore a whole new wonderful world. People CTB for all sorts of reasons, doesn't mean those individuals all have a negative outlook life, they may just be tired of their circumstances.
I have not ruled out that wealth would bring great happiness and the solution to all problems for many people. But there are also people who cannot be cured even if they have the best medical care. Or someone is grieving for someone or something... And then money doesn't bring you anything....

Reactions: Octavia and fwompie
John Ryder

John Ryder

"You're a smart kid...you'll figure it out."
Jul 7, 2023
I dunno, I kind of have to laugh when people so self assuredly claim the consensus "righteous" response to sudden attainment of this kind of wealth - allocate to worthy causes in short order and go right back to square one, etc. Not to assume everyone's personal integrity is paper mache dogshit of course.
But it's such a fucking absurd amount of money, even a small fraction of which would allow for a level of distractions and comforts that could be all the difference between impending ctb and a baseline tolerability of life sufficient to make years or decades of continued existence viable for a huge contingent of suicidal people. It's very easy to map out the selfless route when it's a dumb abstraction, secure in the knowledge it's something you wouldn't have to actually contend with the implications of in three lifetimes. For sure there is the person who would absolutely funnel every dime into altruistic ventures and then go quietly die, but I think that person is pretty rarefied. I think a lot of people would surprise themselves with how much the "itch" for clandestine cannibalistic sex parties and furniture made of caviar and child bones sets in. I think many, most maybe, would end up splitting the difference so as to have their cake and eat it - doing their best Tony Stark impression while retaining a personal piggy bank so large as to make the distinction from an actual billion academic. I dunno, I'm tired.

Reactions: fwompie
CW36

CW36

➕〰️➰
Jul 23, 2023
I have not ruled out that wealth would bring great happiness and the solution to all problems for many people. But there are also people who cannot be cured even if they have the best medical care. Or someone is grieving for someone or something... And then money doesn't bring you anything....
Of course. We're making the same point. Billionaires have CTB too and some people on the streets would never even contimplate it. The point is, if you suddenly won billions, most people would at least delay a CTB in order to explore that new found wealth and the opportunities that go with it.

Reactions: Amyend88 and SenseOfLoss
N

NoReasonToLive2023

Change and decay in all around I see
Jun 4, 2023
Money may not buy happiness, but it can certainly stave off a lot of misery.

If I became a billionaire a lot of my problems would go away. I could just share my new found wealth with my family and friends. And quite frankly, I'd also deal with the people who caused me to be in the situation I am in. I don't give a fuck anymore, some people need to be shown how much they've hurt me.

Reactions: leland and CW36
Dead Already

Dead Already

Jul 14, 2023
YES !!! Just long enough to have the biggest party the world has ever seen for everyone on this platform.
A leave your keys at the door, wake up on the floor event, then 1 day to recover so I don't fuck up CTB

misa33cake

misa33cake

Aug 15, 2023
y
I bet this isn't true . Money is important, but not as important to people that they will take their life solely because of it (Except for a handful of people ) .
This table illustrates it very well (Financial problem is way down at 9%)-

Precipitating circumstances in the US, 2017[51]
CategoriesPercentage
Diagnosed mental problem50%
Recent or upcoming crisis31%
Intimate partner problem27%
Physical health problem21%
Alcohol problem18%
Substance abuse (excluding alcohol)18%
Argument16%
Family problem10%
Job problem10%
Financial problem9%
Legal problem8%
Death of loved one7%
Suicide is multi-factorial. Multiple precipitating circumstances and risk factors can apply to the same person.
I bet this isn't true . Money is important, but not as important to people that they will take their life solely because of it (Except for a handful of people ) .
This table illustrates it very well (Financial problem is way down at 9%)-

Precipitating circumstances in the US, 2017[51]
CategoriesPercentage
Diagnosed mental problem50%
Recent or upcoming crisis31%
Intimate partner problem27%
Physical health problem21%
Alcohol problem18%
Substance abuse (excluding alcohol)18%
Argument16%
Family problem10%
Job problem10%
Financial problem9%
Legal problem8%
Death of loved one7%
Suicide is multi-factorial. Multiple precipitating circumstances and risk factors can apply to the same person.
The whole list besides (family death) could be majorly attributed to a money solving it. Not to say people with money don't have legal/substance issues but a VAST amount of people that do go down that path for financial reasons.

mouseteacup

mouseteacup

mouse - it/its
Aug 1, 2023
Just for a few weeks or months. I would want to financially support initiatives I cared about, maybe help folks with healthcare costs, because I know how big that can be. If I was sure I wanted to CTB, though, I don't think there's any way I'd put it off permanently.

imonadeadline

imonadeadline

Call me Line! :P
Aug 15, 2023
For sure. My reason for wanting to CTB really lies heavily on my financial instability. I've daydreamed about suddenly receiving an ATM card that never runs out of money and I always get a boost of serotonin just thinking about it. They say that money doesn't solve your problems, but I believe that those people are looking at their problems in a different manner. Having money grants the freedom of choice, something that I've always wanted.

Reactions: MeltingBrain
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I'm not sure it would make me postpone it indefinitely. There are certain things money can't buy- like health. Still- a major reason for me wanting to CTB now is financial. I don't like being a part of this wage slave system. Money would certainly free me from that. I'd have a much better time from now until I CTB if I had a shit load of money and I could help my friends out too.

• Hugs
Reactions: Orbitc and MeltingBrain
Kerrtu

Kerrtu

Komeetta ♊︎
May 8, 2023

Easier said than done, but I'd try and ignore that person further. They're trolling you, saying you're new when they're not so far behind you in joining. Fuck being spoken to like that - you don't deserve that bullshit. That member has made some comments that are either straight up sketchy, or passive-aggressive, or clearly looking for a fight.

I'm 100% hitting ignore on them after this. My bus is coming soon and I don't want to spend the last remaining weeks of my life seeing them go after people here.

Not worth it.

• Love
Reactions: fwompie and Praestat_Mori
Holu

Holu

Hypomania go brrr
Apr 5, 2023
Easier said than done, but I'd try and ignore that person further. They're trolling you, saying you're new when they're not so far behind you in joining. Fuck being spoken to like that - you don't deserve that bullshit. That member has made some comments that are either straight up sketchy, or passive-aggressive, or clearly looking for a fight.

I'm 100% hitting ignore on them after this. My bus is coming soon and I don't want to spend the last remaining weeks of my life seeing them go after people here.

Not worth it.
The funny thing is the dude actually believed he was in the right. Also, during the whole time I was in comms with fwompie to make sure that the negativity wasn't affecting them since it was incredibly abrasive and immature

• Love
Reactions: fwompie, Praestat_Mori and Kerrtu