• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
If I knew I was going to die, like 100% guaranteed, no questions asked, then it would depend on the manner of death. If my death would be guaranteed, but agonizing and/or uncomfortable, then I'd rather do the deed on my own terms, go out on my terms rather than allowing circumstances to do the bidding.

figcitylightscookie

figcitylightscookie

sad, lonely & desperate
Nov 21, 2023
There's some problems with this. If you knew when you were going to die, then there's no point in being suicidal. Because that means no matter what you try, it won't work until whatever that predetermined date is. You wouldn't even be able to end your life sooner. I don't know about living life to the fullest and enjoying everything; you could still resent life and hate the fact that your predetermined death date is far away.

I said in my original post that knowing when you'll die doesn't make you immortal, and you could still end your life if you choose to. Here it is again since you missed it :)
BTW, this isn't to say you'll be immortal until your time comes. If you attempted suicide before your time, you could be successful.

Reactions: Install-Gentoo
glossble

glossble

homesick ⭒
Apr 14, 2023
I definitely don't want to live past 30, so I wouldn't wait until 50 to die ( ̄ヘ ̄;) I don't want to get old

If I knew that I would die in a year then yes, I would enjoy life to the fullest

I_am_Lo

I_am_Lo

7th times the charm?
Apr 26, 2024
If you were able to find out when and how you were going to die, would you still be suicidal? For example, if you knew you'd die in 50 years from a car crash, would that make you want to enjoy life to the fullest? Or would that make you feel more suicidal?

On the other hand, how would you feel if you were dying sooner (for example, in a year), would you try to enjoy life before then? Or would you try to end your life sooner?

BTW, this isn't to say you'll be immortal until your time comes. If you attempted suicide before your time, you could be successful.

Bonus question: Would you want to know when you'd die? Why or why not?
I think if it were near, lets say at max 5 years away, I wouldn't, I'd count my days and prepare, save up for the funeral and to leave my material things for my family and friends, collect memories in a large book for them, and make memory bears with my time. I'd tell them that I love them whenever I can. When my time comes I will be at peace.

If it is longer than 5 years I would, the only reasoning is because I can't see myself being here 5 years from now, I know it is lackluster and quite boring of a reason, but it is the reason.