• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Nolvalis94

Nolvalis94

Feb 19, 2024
No. The asymmetry between that degree of pain and that degree of pleasure would be vast. You wouldn't come out the other end of that hour of pain with an intact mind.

Blurry_Buildings

Blurry_Buildings

Just Existing
Sep 27, 2023
Old thread to get resurfaced but I'm surprised there are so many "nos".

What do I have to lose? I'll do it. It'll be more interesting than my boring life.

Shrike

Shrike

My pain isn't yours to harvest.
Feb 13, 2024
I could say maybe, if I believed such an equivalence could occur and all the side effects would be corrected after.
No. The asymmetry between that degree of pain and that degree of pleasure would be vast. You wouldn't come out the other end of that hour of pain with an intact mind.
Yeah like this would be my issue.

People get traumatized, get PTSD. There is not, as far as I'm aware, a pleasure "equivalent".

I think a more interesting question would be exchanging significant pain for significant pleasure, and the answer is obviously yes because that's what people choose in life every day. "the best/worst" gets you in the zone of awkward metaphysics nobody can properly reason about.