T

TransientEternal

Student
Sep 24, 2023
Do you care or is it your human biology that cares about others?

Reactions: iloverachel
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I wouldn't ever feel guilty anyway as I never would have chosen something so undesirable as existence in the first place and I'd always prefer to peacefully not exist than to suffer for decades on end in this cruel and futile existence just to die in agony from old age. If people are so anti-death then why do they procreate, they are literally the ones causing people to die and we are all just going to die anyway.

Reactions: sserafim, iloverachel, 4am and 1 other person
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
This is very hypothetical. I don't think that a certain region in the brain can ever be "deactivated". If that was ever possible it'd be more useful to "switch off SI".

Reactions: iloverachel and TransientEternal
T

TransientEternal

Student
Sep 24, 2023
This is very hypothetical. I don't think that a certain region in the brain can ever be "deactivated". If that was ever possible it'd be more useful to "switch off SI".
Maybe I should've worded it better. Assume there is a button that does the same thing instead. Switching off SI would get an unanimous answer, I want to make people question themselves more with the guilt.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and iloverachel
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Maybe I should've worded it better. Assume there is a button that does the same thing instead. Switching off SI would get an unanimous answer, I want to make people question themselves more with the guilt.
Yeah I would think that in certain situations I would press that button. Anything making it easier in an already hopeless situation would be a great benefit.

Last edited:
Reactions: TransientEternal