Would you have preferred tiger parenting?

• yes

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • no

Votes: 34 81.0%

• Total voters
Amumu

Amumu

Ctb - temporary solution for a permanent problem
Aug 29, 2020
I have difficulties criticising religions on SS since I know some members, who are religious, rely on their faith to stay alive.
I think we should be careful about that, it isn't about free speech, it's about decency on a forum with suicidal people.
You can hear that from the most atheist man in the world btw

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
No, you wouldn't. You're just destructively dreaming that you would. Setting up this completely imagined ideal of what could have been. You have no way of knowing, but it's a great way to ensure that no progress you make feels worthwhile.
I would actually agree with this general idea if it wasn't aimed at me but a randomly selected person. In my case there are some specific traits that can't really work well in the environment I was placed in. I'm not using this as some delusional coping method, tho. Thanks for focusing on my life and making educated guesses about it, btw.

S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
I have difficulties criticising religions on SS since I know some members, who are religious, rely on their faith to stay alive.
I think we should be careful about that, it isn't about free speech, it's about decency on a forum with suicidal people.
You can hear that from the most atheist man in the world btw
All religions have rules, that if not followed, result in some kind of punishment. That sounds like a control scheme to me. I'm not singling out any one religion - for as many people as religions help, there are plenty who's lives have been made much worse because of religions. If you want to discuss specifics, please feel free to pm/dm me. I'm not getting into that discussion in public.

Reactions: Amumu and Good4Nothing
aneurysm

aneurysm

Mage
Jan 27, 2019
what if this is indecent/unfair to an atheist person who is suicidal? I don't like entitled over sensitive people, neither do I like overly unsensitive people.

If people are not happy about having their religion criticized, they can just move on. This is a +18 forum, so people here are supposed to be mature.

• Yay!
Reactions: Amumu
Amumu

Amumu

Aug 29, 2020
what if this is indecent/unfair to an atheist person who is suicidal? I don't like entitled over sensitive people, neither do I like overly unsensitive people.

If people are not happy about having their religion criticized, they can just move on. This is a +18 forum, so people here are supposed to be mature.
The thing is, I don't know any atheist who relies on their atheism to stay alive lmao

• Yay!
Reactions: Good4Nothing, GenesAndEnvironment and aneurysm
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Go and get your genes evaluated in a genetic engineering reseach institute. Grab the attestation and apply for disability. Simple.
I actually did get a dna test recently. I'm 99.8% Chinese/Taiwanese and 0.02% unidentified central Asian.

Sadly there is no disability to apply for if that disability is just being a whiny piece of shit not even in nanny-state California.

My results told me I had a normal chance of developing diabetes, depression, and anxiety, which according to them isn't supposed to be that high but lo and behold I have all of these as well as possible other undiagnosed things that I refuse to figure out because I'd just abuse them as further excuses to label myself with.

Different shit works for different people, shocking much?
"Have you tried throwing books at your children because they couldn't think of an essay topic while at school or forcing them to read Shakespeare when they're 9 without explaining to them what any of it means and if they don't have Mark Antony's monologue memorized in three weeks you can punch them in the stomach repeatedly? What do you mean that didn't work? I guess your child is just different."

That all actually happened to me too.

Reactions: BandAddict
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
The thing is, I don't know any atheist who relies on their atheism to stay alive lmao
Atheists rely on themselves, family, friends, and science. We don't believe in magic and fairy tales.

Reactions: Amumu, Good4Nothing, lobster salad and 1 other person
aneurysm

aneurysm

Mage
Jan 27, 2019
fair point lol, but you'd be surprised.

All the mindless fucks who are engeneering AI and dreaming about money and to replace us with robot rely, in fact, on atheism. Atheism is their only justification for all the horrors they put us through.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Atheists rely on themselves, family, friends, and science. We don't believe in magic and fairy tales.
In my experience, atheists rely on telling everyone they're atheist and feeling superior for it.

But maybe I'm biased because my dad was also atheist. :ahhha:

Reactions: Fragile and summers
Amumu

Amumu

Aug 29, 2020
The thread has derailed but anyway
fair point lol, but you'd be surprised.

All the mindless fucks who are engeneering AI and dreaming about money and to replace us with robot rely, in fact, on atheism. Atheism is their only justification for all the horrors they put us through.
Well the first, second, third, and now fourth industrial revolutions led to the demise of Christianity, obviously.
That's why the Western civilisation faces a huge moral crisis.
Cf. F. Nietzsche to understand that.

Btw I have a relative who works in the field of AI :tongue: (for cars)

Last edited:
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
"Have you tried throwing books at your children because they couldn't think of an essay topic while at school or forcing them to read Shakespeare when they're 9 without explaining to them what any of it means and if they don't have Mark Antony's monologue memorized in three weeks you can punch them in the stomach repeatedly? What do you mean that didn't work? I guess your child is just different."
Strawman, I'm sure that beating a child mercilessly would be bad for nearly everyone's development (probably one or two exceptions, tho).

• Hmph!
Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
aneurysm

aneurysm

Mage
Jan 27, 2019
We don't believe in magic and fairy tales.
atheists are the most illogical people on earth.

you people prove science using science, maths using maths... but surprised pikachu face when religion wants to prove religion with... religion? Yes, "Jesus exists because it's written in the Bible" IS a valid argument. smh

S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
That's why the Western civilisation faces a huge moral crisis.
Off the whole religion aspect, what moral crises are you referring to?

you people prove science using science, maths using maths... but surprised pikachu face when religion wants to prove religion with... religion? Yes, "Jesus exists because it's written in the Bible" IS a valid argument. smh
You literally said your life is fucked because of religion, now you defend it smh

• Yay!
Reactions: Cashewmilk, Amumu, Good4Nothing and 1 other person
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Then why are you defending abuse? Tiger parenting always has to use beatings or at the very least verbal abuse to accomplish what it does. My example may be more specific and extreme but fundamentally it's not going to fit anyone's genetics barring some really odd mutations.

aneurysm

aneurysm

Mage
Jan 27, 2019
I have a relative who works in the field of AI
I work in AI lmao (part time data analyst at the moment), I want to become an algorithm engeneer, so my disdain for these people make perfect sense.

• Hugs
Reactions: Amumu
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
Hi @Dr Iron Arc ! When I read your post for 100% real I broke down and cried my eyes out for you. You and me are the same as far as "dads" go. I was a preemie when I was born. My "parents" had 3 kids and I was the middle one. My "parents" called me "the mistake" to my face, in public everywhere. Till I was around 12 or so becasue I was a preemie, I was short and very chubby. My "dad" would beat the hell out of me and he NEVER touched my older brother or younger sister ever. Yep, same as you as I was a punching bag and had more marks and bruises from him than i care to remember. When I was 12 or so I went through a HUGE growth spurt and I shot up to over 6 feet tall and he made the mistake of hitting me one time to many and I got up off the ground and we truly had it out, I won and gave him tons of bruises and after that he never layed a hand on me again. I wish you all the love and empathy that I have now and forever. Nobody should EVER have to put up with such heinous behavior and my heart truly aches for you. You ARE such a loving and kind global family member. Walter (yes Walter is my real first name, never ever anything phoney about me ever) :hug::heart::happy:

• Hugs
Reactions: BandAddict and Dr Iron Arc
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Then why are you defending abuse? Tiger parenting always has to use beatings or at the very least verbal abuse to accomplish what it does. My example may be more specific and extreme but fundamentally it's not going to fit anyone's genetics barring some really odd mutations.
Don't think tiger parenting implies (my def. of) abuse. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiger_parenting#Harsh_regime
For most people I don't think it's a good strategy. For people like me I think it's a necessity.

Reactions: aneurysm
aneurysm

aneurysm

Mage
Jan 27, 2019
You literally said your life is fucked because of religion, now you defend it smh
can't help it, will defend anything that's against degenerate western society bahaha

Reactions: lostundead and GenesAndEnvironment
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019

Then every religion invalidates other religions if we use that argument, they all contradict each other because their thousands year old texts say different things and worship different entities or beings. But all of them have something in common, They rely entirely on faith and claim to be the real one.

Science is observable, it provides a much better explanation to our origins and to what we can expect of this universe, it evolves and improves on what others built instead of being arbitrary rules set on stone. but some dumb fuckers treat it as a religion too, they poison the well with ideas that align only with their shitty ideals and apparently no one should touch.

I'm agnostic btw, I can't prove that there are no gods and what I described above somewhat killed science for me, but I still find it as a much better explanation.

Reactions: AvaAdore, Amumu, lobster salad and 1 other person
aneurysm

aneurysm

Mage
Jan 27, 2019
I rather live in a degenerate society than one that forces servitude on half the population :smiling:
and live in cardboard houses and eat/drink plastic food and buy fresh air in a can and fuck silicon dolls ? I mean, to each their priorities (didn't expect anything less from a degenerate western citizan). Xx

• Yay!
Reactions: lostundead and GenesAndEnvironment
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Don't think tiger parenting implies (my def. of) abuse. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiger_parenting#Harsh_regime
For most people I don't think it's a good strategy. For people like me I think it's a necessity.
Why? Because your parents were too nice to you? Is that why you ended up here? Don't you think you'd still be fucked up from that anyway? I'm not going to dismiss what you say but I really just wanna know why you think being abused would have made things better for you.

Tiger parenting is inherently abusive no matter how you slice it because you have to resort to depriving them of physical or emotional needs in order to create discipline whenever the child decides they've had enough of it or anytime they do something that they didn't realize was wrong. If your genetics made you a super compliant automaton who just listens to any authority with a smile then maybe tiger parenting could have worked on you but if that's all you needed, you could say the same about some types of military training. Go join your local army.

S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
  • Love
Reactions: Cashewmilk and Amumu
aneurysm

aneurysm

Mage
Jan 27, 2019
Science is observable
I'd doubt that. How come scientists and mathematicians only observe the disastrous effect of their creations only 20 decades laters. Not very observing of science. Also, intangible science is a thing. You can't perceive in any way because it's the point, it's it's essence. Just like birds don't hit each other's when flying together, because they communicate. You just don't see how.