G0dOfSadness

G0dOfSadness

Dec 27, 2020
Doesn't have to be discord, could be something else like telegram. Obviously we would be covert about it and only advertise on here. If there is interest I could create on really quick.

Isadeth

Isadeth

Visionary
Jun 12, 2020
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/telegram-group.50784/
:)

Weary Soul

Weary Soul

Soon I will be free
Nov 13, 2019
I have a discord server (not one related to what is discussed here).

You may know this already, but to point this out to peeps who may not know, one of the problems is that the TOS of discord prohibit any talk of suicide and, I believe, that this has caused a shut down of people here who have already tried to set up a discord server.

You are absolutely right - it would have to be covert. However, that being said if the link were made public in the general forum, even those who lurk have the potential to see the link to the site and report it.

In addition, I am not sure (and computer gurus - please correct me if I am way off base here), there may be algorithms embedded in Discord to look for key words related to suicide (although this is total speculation on my part).

It would be nice though wouldn't it? The chat, voice, and cam capabilities in discord are awesome.

: )

G0dOfSadness

G0dOfSadness

Dec 27, 2020
https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/telegram-group.50784/
:)
Are we allowed to talk about suicide in this one? It is to my understanding that the discord sever was not for that so is this the same?

Weary Soul

Weary Soul

Soon I will be free
Nov 13, 2019
Personally I am not familiar with telegram so I defer to those who are.

<3

G0dOfSadness

G0dOfSadness

Dec 27, 2020
I have a discord server (not one related to what is discussed here).

You may know this already, but to point this out to peeps who may not know, one of the problems is that the TOS of discord prohibit any talk of suicide and, I believe, that this has caused a shut down of people here who have already tried to set up a discord server.

You are absolutely right - it would have to be covert. However, that being said if the link were made public in the general forum, even those who lurk have the potential to see the link to the site and report it.

In addition, I am not sure (and computer gurus - please correct me if I am way off base here), there may be algorithms embedded in Discord to look for key words related to suicide (although this is total speculation on my part).

It would be nice though wouldn't it? The chat, voice, and cam capabilities in discord are awesome.

Yeah, maybe just a group chat would work? What do you think?

Reactions: HenryHobkins
Isadeth

Isadeth

Visionary
Jun 12, 2020
Are we allowed to talk about suicide in this one? It is to my understanding that the discord sever was not for that so is this the same?
That's the telegram group, so I would assume you can talk freely. But I don't know, I use this for ctb talk and telegram to just shoot the shit.

Weary Soul

Weary Soul

Soon I will be free
Nov 13, 2019
There is text chat here - see https://sanctioned-suicide.net/chat/

I wish I could help more, but I do not know enough about other sites to comment.

@Isadeth looks like she is much more aware of telegram groups.

• Love
Reactions: Isadeth
Isadeth

Isadeth

Visionary
Jun 12, 2020
There is text chat here - see https://sanctioned-suicide.net/chat/

I wish I could help more, but I do not know enough about other sites to comment.

@Isadeth looks like she is much more aware of telegram groups.

Lol sorta. I've only recently joined to keep in touch with some members that aren't as active here. But I do know there's a few groups others have made. :)

Weary Soul

Weary Soul

Soon I will be free
Nov 13, 2019
Sorries @Isadeth.

Hopefully others can weigh in to provide additional information on the potential options.

(hugs)

• Love
Reactions: Isadeth
Sans

Sans

Protesting the conditions of an inhumane world
Oct 2, 2019
I've been in a few Discord servers that endorsed suicide, fully aware that it's against the TOS. Needless to say, they got shut down in about a week.

I don't think an SS Discord server would last very long, unfortunately.

Isadeth

Isadeth

Visionary
Jun 12, 2020
Sorries @Isadeth.

Hopefully others can weigh in to provide a better idea of what is possible.

(hugs)
No problem at all. The more info the better. There may be more telegram groups than I'm even aware of haha but it's a nice alternative, especially to keep in touch.

• Hugs
Reactions: Weary Soul
stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
Last edited:
Reactions: Weary Soul and Isadeth