Blue Elephant

Blue Elephant

Mage
Sep 22, 2023
does working make anyone else so much more depressed and suicidal? I'm not a lazy person by any means but for some reason it makes me more depressed than ever. I have to work because I need the money but it makes me want to die sooner than planned.
Well of course you hate it, this is why they pay you! : )

But yeah, I know how you feel. The trick is finding something you like. I did and it was awesome for a some time.. but in the end I quit because of toxic co-workers and management who would not do anything about the situation. I took a long break and now I haven't been working for years.. which is actually not that bad.

Reactions: bpdbunnygirl
Teleftaía Anapnoí

Teleftaía Anapnoí

δεν υπάρχει μέλλον
Jul 6, 2023
I hate the fact that it costs money to exist on this planet. None of us asked to be here, yet we have to pay to exist. Seems absurd to me. I hate the fact that we're expected to work away our lives. We're literally living in a time of modern day slavery. It's literally wageslavery. I hate capitalism so much
yeah, me too. I had to ask for a loan so I wouldn't die of hunger and could delay the trip a little longer. The worst thing is that the cost of living only increases, our salaries don't. Really, I hate capitalism too and I just wanted to get out of here as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, I can't make a revolution.

Reactions: bpdbunnygirl
Yakamoz

Yakamoz

passer-by
Jun 26, 2022
does working make anyone else so much more depressed and suicidal? I'm not a lazy person by any means but for some reason it makes me more depressed than ever. I have to work because I need the money but it makes me want to die sooner than planned.
I concur. Working is absolutely stupid and repetitive too

T

ThatStateOfMind

Enlightened
Nov 13, 2021
Well of course you hate it, this is why they pay you! : )

But yeah, I know how you feel. The trick is finding something you like. I did and it was awesome for a some time.. but in the end I quit because of toxic co-workers and management who would not do anything about the situation. I took a long break and now I haven't been working for years.. which is actually not that bad.
Just curious, how have you survived without working for years?

I'm currently attending college and recently began the job search again (got an interview tomorrow, actually) so I'm limited to sucky part-time jobs. I'm not looking forward to having a job again because I have awful anxiety but I want the cash lol, and at least I'll get paid I guess. I'm just looking forward to graduation and being able to ideally get a job in the software or IT sector

thalasabin

thalasabin

Hide in the love
Nov 29, 2023
I haven't worked in many years because my last job experience sucked so much. I dealt with shitty coworkers, shitty customers, and had panic attacks at work. I am extremely afraid of finding another job, I'm afraid of going through the same thing again.

L

Life'sA6itch

Student
Oct 29, 2023
if they want me alive so bad they should fucking pay me to stay alive not make me work 9 hours a day to sustain a life i didn't ask for and don't even want. Y'all can have fun in your stupid rat race just let me fucking die
100%

Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I haven't worked in many years because my last job experience sucked so much. I dealt with shitty coworkers, shitty customers, and had panic attacks at work. I am extremely afraid of finding another job, I'm afraid of going through the same thing again.
I completely understand how you feel! Not all jobs are that way and some are actually fun positive experiences. I've had a couple of jobs I enjoyed. If you happen to find a job with fun nice people around it can be something you look forward to.

waRmblanket

waRmblanket

she/her - trying my best, hoping it’s enough.
Mar 16, 2023
working definitely increased my depression and suicidal ideation, i felt horrible about it because in my mind it felt lazy of me; later realized how bad the environment really was. i literally put my two weeks in expecting to die, that obviously wasn't the case, or i wouldn't be typing this.

i'm glad i got away from that hell hole, was treated and paid HORRIBLY, they never cared about my health. im also dealing with chronic pain, which, you guessed it! they didn't care. they quite literally treated us like slaves tbh.

honestly was disappointed that, that had to be my first work experience…was really hoping i'd have a better one, but sure as hell not!

i sure as hell didn't get paid enough to deal with shitty customers, managers, and coworkers. the amount of shit they got away with absolutely pisses me of. my coworkers shouldn't have gotten away with half the shit they did, the amount of times i was uncomfortable with their words is unbelievable.

anyways, glad i left, definitely don't think i'd be alive if i wouldn't have.