Amnesty

Amnesty

Suicidal Cheesecake
Jun 2, 2020
Finding a partner whether it to be to suicide or recover is still risky no matter how long you get to try to know them through PMs.

Even if you think you got to know the person really well over the internet, you really do not know who they are like until you meet them in real life then it would all be to late.

I suggest using search websites to check people's background before to check if they are who they claim to be to lower the chance of being decieved (like whitepages sites and people finder etc.)

• Love
Reactions: KleinerWolf, Sideswipe, Deleted member 19276 and 9 others
_Minsk

_Minsk

death: the cure for life
Dec 9, 2019
absolutely agree, especially if youre a female^-^
if you meet for the first time choose a public place like cities, shopping places and so on.. having talked via telegram and whatsapp before actually meeting the first time would also worth considering imo.. carrying something like pepper spray might also be a good thing, maybe even in general, better safe than sorry:heart:

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Toonloon, MorticiasHair, KleinerWolf and 8 others
Amnesty

Amnesty

Suicidal Cheesecake
Jun 2, 2020
if you meet for the first time choose a public place like cities, shopping places and so on.. having talked via telegram and whatsapp before actually meeting the first time would also worth considering imo.. carrying something like pepper spray might also be a good thing, maybe even in general, better safe than sorry:heart:
Agreed I did not think of that.

• Love
Reactions: Sideswipe and _Minsk
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020
I bet you two are a bundle of laughs when you go on a date, :haha: your right though you don't know who is behind the keyboard, always meet in a central location in the day time like a McDonald's by a busy train and tube station make sure you have discussed your itinerary in advance so you can plan your exit strategy if things don't work out, make sure you both are of the understanding that you can change your minds at any point so not to be upset, make sure you have the means to travel on a train, tube, bus and taxi in case you are followed so you can lose them.

But if you are going to meet you should have the trust to provide each other with some checkable personal information first, but it's always wise to be prepared.

Cheers

Geo

• Love
Reactions: Toonloon, Neville1, KleinerWolf and 5 others
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
Agree with the OP.

I would also like to add something which I go by: "When someone shows you who they really are, believe them the first time."

It's easy to give people you meet online many chances because the online world is full of misscommunications. If someone writes you something disrespectful you might be inclined to put it down to missunderstandings, cultural differences or excuse their behaviour for who knows what other reason.

In truth, people always show their true colors, and if they disrespect and bully you once, they will do it again.

Also, in my experience, it's those who profess their empathy and kindness loudest who usually lack these qualities the most.

Stay safe, good people of SS!

• Love
Reactions: Toonloon, woxihuanni, casctb and 13 others
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
In truth, people always show their true colors, and if they disrespect and bully you once, they will do it again.

Also, in my experience, it's those who profess their empathy and kindness loudest who usually lack these qualities the most.
I really wish I didn't agree with these points.

• Hugs
Reactions: woxihuanni, Sideswipe, Tragoedia Vitae and 4 others
puppy9

puppy9

au revoir
Jun 13, 2019
  • Wow
  • Love
Reactions: Sideswipe, Deleted member 1465, Jumper Geo and 1 other person
E

Epsilon0

Enlightened
Dec 28, 2019
This is the truth because this is me :devil::devil::devil: I'm dangerous.

All I see is \m/ \m/ \m/ and because I am metal fan that is a good thing in my world :sunglasses:

• Hugs
Reactions: Sideswipe, puppy9 and Amnesty
L

Living sucks

Forced out of life before I wanted to leave
Mar 27, 2020
1000%. I was talking with someone from here and that's all they did.. talk about how kind they are and why do they deserve to be alone and abused... and they showed who they really were in time .. creepy, intrusive, no boundaries, etc

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Toonloon, Sideswipe, Wolfjob_dayjob and 3 others
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Always be wary of anyone who tells you what you want to hear all the time, is my rule. A friend will support you, but challenge you too. Love-bombing is a very efficient form of manipulation that can neatly bypass someone's intelligence and tap right into their emotional need.

Reactions: Toonloon, Iwanttooffmyself, casctb and 3 others
Abgrundanziehung

Abgrundanziehung

or Abi for short
Jun 24, 2020
Always be wary of anyone who tells you what you want to hear all the time, is my rule. A friend will support you, but challenge you too. Love-bombing is a very efficient form of manipulation that can neatly bypass someone's intelligence and tap right into their emotional need.
Thank you now I know what the thing is called when people are too nice.

Reactions: Sideswipe
Sideswipe

Sideswipe

I have 2 Simian Palms... DNA is F@Ā£ked
Nov 20, 2019
I was stupid enough to fall hook line and sinker for a member on here. Was in partners initially and we met in person.

when I outed them It all became clear and more members (female) contacted me to share what had happened to them. He had been like a rash all over the place. Was willing to travel anywhere! Even abroad! All to keep his lie going and make you believe you were his one and only. Similar traits to His back story all round but he ended up deleting his account Edward1 and making a new one.

moral? He is still on here so be careful. He was willing to meet and show me his sn etc To prove he was real and serious. It was all a twisted game.

• Love
Reactions: Toonloon, GoodPersonEffed, KleinerWolf and 1 other person
Claudia

Claudia

Student
Jun 21, 2020
I was stupid enough to fall hook line and sinker for a member on here. Was in partners initially and we met in person.

when I outed them It all became clear and more members (female) contacted me to share what had happened to them. He had been like a rash all over the place. Was willing to travel anywhere! Even abroad! All to keep his lie going and make you believe you were his one and only. Similar traits to His back story all round but he ended up deleting his account Edward1 and making a new one.

moral? He is still on here so be careful. He was willing to meet and show me his sn etc To prove he was real and serious. It was all a twisted game.
I need to back up @Sideswipe on this as it was me who also got sucked in by Edward1. I was in a horrible vulnerable state at the time, and I ended up meeting him believing he was suicidal too but it was all a lie. I don't understand his motivations still and it scares me to wonder. He was very manipulative and good at saying the right thing to suck people in.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: Toonloon, KleinerWolf, GoodPersonEffed and 1 other person
Sideswipe

Sideswipe

Nov 20, 2019
@Claudia I will continue with PM's with you regarding sensitive info. I'm posting here in the hopes if anyone else is or was caught up in his games they will approach me. Taking note of the fact he has a new name on here. X

• Love
Reactions: Toonloon and Claudia
Claudia

Claudia

Student
Jun 21, 2020
@Claudia I will continue with PM's with you regarding sensitive info. I'm posting here in the hopes if anyone else is or was caught up in his games they will approach me. Taking note of the fact he has a new name on here. X
Thank you xx I wonder how many people he's been in touch with?

L

Living sucks

Mar 27, 2020

You met in person?? What was his motive? Like what did he want? Sex? Money?

Sideswipe

Sideswipe

Nov 20, 2019
Too many.... I knkw it is hard for people to come forward too because of the manipulation he does
It is hard to explain... he makes you feel like your in control. He wouldn't have said no to sex. He was a self confessed sex addict. I stuck by my morals though as I am in a relationship already and have been loyal all the way.
The meeting was to prove my seriousness ironically. This is a sophisticated operation he runs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Toonloon and Claudia
Claudia

Claudia

Student
Jun 21, 2020
I met him in person once and he really pushed for us to be in a sub/ Dom relationship. The thing is I was badly mentally ill then and still am. And I wanted to be hurt by others so went along with the idea. He wanted to arrange for us to meet in a hotel room and said he wanted to do stuff to me like cut me with blades.. but the thing ended before we got that far.

Reactions: Toonloon
L

Living sucks

Mar 27, 2020
I met him in person once and he really pushed for us to be in a sub/ Dom relationship. The thing is I was badly mentally ill then and still am. And I wanted to be hurt by others so went along with the idea. He wanted to arrange for us to meet in a hotel room and said he wanted to do stuff to me like cut me with blades.. but the thing ended before we got that far.
FFS Scary. Living shades of gray but way worse

Reactions: Claudia
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
I need to back up @Sideswipe on this as it was me who also got sucked in by Edward1. I was in a horrible vulnerable state at the time, and I ended up meeting him believing he was suicidal too but it was all a lie. I don't understand his motivations still and it scares me to wonder. He was very manipulative and good at saying the right thing to suck people in.

You've only been a member for a week, and Edward1 has been gone longer than that. Were you active under a different account?

I'm not disbelieving you, it's just unclear how and when this happened. I remember when he got called out and it wasn't recent.

Reactions: Brink and Sideswipe
Sideswipe

Sideswipe

Nov 20, 2019
You've only been a member for a week, and Edward1 has been gone longer than that. Were you active under a different account?

I'm not disbelieving you, it's just unclear how and when this happened. I remember when he got called out and it wasn't recent.
New account. She's an older member with new credentials

Reactions: Claudia
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
New account. She's an older member with new credentials

Thanks, but I'd prefer to hear from her since she's who I asked. No offense intended.

Reactions: Brink and Sideswipe
AlreadyGone

AlreadyGone

Taking it day by day
Jan 11, 2020
If you are a female, avoid the "Male prefer female partner" post. It is weird to me that there are always males preferring females in the partners thread. That is a red flag to me.

Reactions: Toonloon, Lorntroubles, Chiyuki99 and 1 other person
Chiyuki99

Chiyuki99

a nightmare dressed like a daydream
May 28, 2019
It's disgusting of him and other males seeking out vulnerable women who are easily influenced to play out their fantasies with them...
I'm glad you ended things before it got to that point! Stay safe everyone

Reactions: Toonloon, Claudia and Sideswipe
Giraffey

Giraffey

Your Orange Crush
Mar 7, 2020
It has been my misfortune over the years to encounter some truly dangerous individuals (men and women alike). I have met rapists who were so ridiculously unhinged that I kept a list of "safe topics" for a conversation, to avoid pissing them off; and had tea with murderers who were erudite, delightful and charming. I've also met some very dangerous people online, most of whom were what you might call opportunistic predators where the real danger was their growing confidence leading to worrying escalations of their behaviour and erosion of their boundaries.

It's so easy to get caught with our defences down, but taking the precautions mentioned above and being cautious if you feel as though you're being 'funnelled', or talked into something you were previously reluctant to do. Trust your instincts, and if you're feeling overwhelmed emotionally on here and it's making you feel pressured or uncomfortable - use the ignore button and take a break for a few days to gather your thoughts.

The most important lesson I've learned over the years is to try and avoid the 'confrontation' - if something doesn't feel right then withdraw. If you seek to confront someone about it you're giving them a golden opportunity to lay a guilt trip on you - "but I thought you trusted me! I trust you!" - it doesn't hurt to hit the report button either and get an objective opinion from one of the mods.

Most of that is common sense, but when you're in a bad way emotionally it's so easy to get sucked in and find yourself unable to reflect (especially if you stop caring what happens to you because you're intent on dying anyway) :(

Reactions: Toonloon
4eyebiped

4eyebiped

Mage
Dec 28, 2019
If you are a female, avoid the "Male prefer female partner" post. It is weird to me that there are always males preferring females in the partners thread. That is a red flag to me.

Not sure if I would consider natural biological preferences a red flag. I personally have zero interest in finding a partner to CTB with. Though, I have no issues talking to, or meeting, anyone in person. In all facets of interaction, I absolutely prefer a female and have no interest in a guy. Over 90 percent of my friends are females. I point this out because I also prefer not having people misjudged others on this website, or in life. A lot of the people here who want to CTB do so because of the assumptions and judgments from others.

One more point before I get to this being a productive conversation. I know the type of person I am and some of the things, up above, that has been mentioned as a negative, like being too nice, would had reflected on me, and I for sure am not the type of person to exploit or harm anyone. The point here is that it tells me the metrics being brought up would be some that would potentially rule out good people and we do not want that. It isn't very conducive to the ultimate goal.

Now, with all that said, what we need here are reasonable ideas, not paranoia or judgment, to help support and protect everyone that uses the partner megathread. There is no doubt there are toxic and disturbed individuals from all walks of life that prey on others. We need ideas that helps people ask the right questions, cross reference potential users that they might be meeting and a list of things they can do to prepare for meeting someone and do to protect themselves when they do meet someone. I will try to brain storm some ideas later, if I can work up the energy.

I once wrote an article many years ago for some dating sites to assist women in protecting themselves when meeting people online. I will see if I can dig it up. While it won't directly translate over for a site like this, there may be some reasonable ideas, or inspiration, none the less.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
The point here is that it tells me the metrics being brought up would be some that would potentially rule out good people and we do not want that. It isn't very conducive to the ultimate goal.

I note the use of unity rhetoric to persuade.

The ultimate goals are self-determination and mutual personal safety. That is, unless one doesn't want the other party to be safe.

Now, with all that said, what we need here are reasonable ideas, not paranoia or judgment, to help support and protect everyone that uses the partner megathread.

Again I observe unity rhetoric to persuade, which is repeated throughout the entire comment.

And planting self-doubt with subtly shaming accusations unreasonableness, paranoia, and incorrect judgment.

I've been noticing your posts for the past few weeks, and there is a disturbing trend. Quite frankly, your entire comment here was creepy, and it relates to the trend I'll illustrate and then summarize below. I can imagine so many ways in which you would manipulate someone, such as working in tandem with a perpetrator to convince a potential victim that he's actually a good guy, those weren't red flags at all. Or to convince a potential victim that you don't raise red flags, either, you are in fact very rational and helpful.

The trend I've noticed over the past few weeks is that when someone posts about having been victimized, you become an apologist/explainer/defender for the perpetrator in order to validate the perp and the offensive behaviors, and to cause the member to doubt themselves and their own interpretation of what they experienced. Your arguments are often quite eloquent, and posed with much ostensible rationality.

Most recently, you explained/defended the bullies to a member who posted about having been being bullied in an online military forum:

High risk jobs tend to pull in certain personality traits which can have certain levels of toxicity in them. It takes very unique people to fit in and fill these roles effectively or it will be a highly miserable experience. Some people join the military or try to become a cop to make a change, but a good percentage of them want to get into the action. You can argue which type of person is better. Ultimately these "negative" traits of some are often needed to efficiently take care of business in extreme situations like war. I wouldn't want hippies defending my country. Overall, there is going to be a certain level of ugliness in jobs like the military.

and

Very strange behavior to open a separate thread like that when they could had used the existing one. To have two threads going with different attitudes in each... Very mind boggling.

I know both black men and women who have served in the military, in the US, and they didn't have anything substantial to say concerning racism. I believe most of it, regardless of race or sex, was proving yourself trustworthy and reliable. They want to know that when the shit gets tough they can count on you. They want to know someone has their back. Same with other high risk jobs like being a cop. If you show weakness they will shit on you hard and try to drive you away because they will then consider you a threat to their life.

Now with that said, there is absolutely never a good excuse to bully someone. I prefer productive conversation. This does partly show you a problem in these different fields and why there needs to be some changes. A lot of people in the military, or in the police force and similar, lack the freedom to seek help, without judgment, when often they need it.

To a member whose abusive mother was illegally throwing him/her out of the house, you subtly defended and reinforced the abuser's power by advising the member to placate and not fight back, ostensibly to buy time, which of course seems reasonable. But it wasn't even advising, such as, "I suggest," which would have been reasonable, but telling the member what to do, in the very first sentence:

I know it isn't easy, but do your best to muster up the energy to do a couple minor things that you know she wants. I don't know enough about you two but some potential examples are, to try and eat just a little bit, organize your room a little, take a shower/bath, or do something in the kitchen. Do your best not to be combative when she engages you. Just try to do something to give her the impression you are trying or want to work with her. Perhaps, this will calm things down and give you time to think and plan.

All the while we will be here to provide you with support.

In this response to a member who was abused by law enforcement, you made some excellent and accurate observations, but at the same time subtly negated that the OP experienced abuse or that those who abused her were abusive to her, and are in fact themselves victims:

Over time, I have talked to various officers, from the local police, parole officers, correctional officers and so on. The one thing that was common between most of them is that they all were different people now than they were when they first started their jobs. Their jobs changed them.

This is a complex topic and it would take a large conversation to responsibly be had but keep the following in mind.

They spend their day having people yell at them and disrespect them, while they are forced to do their best to smile and keep their composure. They can't walk away or avoid conflict but are constantly drawn into it. Then they have to deal with nonstop lies, deception, being constantly mislead and being resisted. Your day is full of people wasting your time and complicating your job. Their lives are often at risk. Very few truly know what it is like fearing death, much less justifiably so. They get to see lovely scenes of splatter brains, dismembered body parts, dead children and all sorts of horrors. They simply see the absolute worse in humanity while everyone assumes the worst in them.

It is a completely shitty job with very little reward. If that wasn't enough the media reports things in a slanted way that not only misleads the public but gives them a highly inaccurate image of the police as a whole, which creates hate all around for us all to enjoy. Ratings and profit are far more important than lives and the truth. That is another topic but an important one.

No, I am not trying to justify any of their negative actions, I am only trying to give insight as to the possibilities of the why. There is much that is needed to be done here to improve things all around for them and us. This isn't a simple topic but an important one. What I have said concerning it is in great brevity.

Of course, there are the caveats that you are not defending, justifying, etc., but everything you say indicates that you in fact did. It's similar to the preemptive statement, "I'm not a racist, but..." In the examples I listed above, the statement generally comes after: "I didn't do what you just saw me do." The caveats are then followed by your personal preference, which shifts the focus to how your preferences are beneficial and desirable, and therefore invite trust.

I don't expect you to agree with me. I don't expect you to say, "Oh my gosh, @GoodPersonEffed! I didn't notice that I do this!" My goal in this comment is to point out to others the behaviors of wolves in sheep's clothing in a thread about protecting against those very behaviors.

If someone's actions feel uncomfortable, negating, creepy, etc., then I respectfully suggest listening to those feelings, not what the other person tells you that feel, experience, or should feel. I respectfully suggest that you pay attention to what you observe and your responses to those observations, not to what the other person tells you to observe, or explains for you, as if you do not have the ability to interpret your responses for yourself. And if you notice someone is trying to convince you, I respectfully suggest you not focus on how reasonable the argument is, but ask yourself why they're trying to convince you. Is this someone who is supportive of your safety and best interests, or does it seem like there's a hidden agenda, like a wolf in sheep's clothing, acting as if s/he is just like you and on your side (such as unity rhetoric). Why does someone who's on your side feel a need to sell you anything?

• Love
Reactions: Toonloon, All washed up, Sideswipe and 4 others
Giraffey

Giraffey

Your Orange Crush
Mar 7, 2020
On a similar note to @GoodPersonEffed but not specifically referring to the aforementioned member but more generally speaking - has anybody else noticed a slightly worrying trend of the topic of sex being raised in some threads in often very subtle and indirect ways?

A thread will be created with an apparently plausible premise such as: "I feel more suicidal after having sex in my bed, which is a problem because I have a huge sex drive and not all the women I'm with want to have sex in my car..... Can anyone relate?" - something about that kind of thread strikes a rather nauseating chord within me, and they tend to draw some borderline creepy replies sometimes.

Maybe I'm overthinking it.

• Love
Reactions: Toonloon, Chiyuki99, Iwanttooffmyself and 2 others
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Jan 11, 2020
On a similar note to @GoodPersonEffed but not specifically referring to the aforementioned member but more generally speaking - has anybody else noticed a slightly worrying trend of the topic of sex being raised in some threads in often very subtle and indirect ways?

A thread will be created with an apparently plausible premise such as: "I feel more suicidal after having sex in my bed, which is a problem because I have a huge sex drive and not all the women I'm with want to have sex in my car..... Can anyone relate?" - something about that kind of thread strikes a rather nauseating chord within me, and they tend to draw some borderline creepy replies sometimes.

Maybe I'm overthinking it.

It's been happening a lot lately. It's not borderline creepy, it is creepy. It's luring/alluring, and such posts help to identify who's going to be more willing and compliant to be a victim.

Reactions: Iwanttooffmyself, puppy9 and Giraffey