• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
Hello, I've had a few people recommend Wim Hof and there are also impressive testimonials on YouTube for anxiety and depression using the Wim Hof method.
I know it's really hard when you are so depressed - as I have been (bedridden last two days)- to do this kind of thing. I don't have much will power. Apparently the Wim Hof method is good for building willpower and reducing anxiety and depression.

So I'm looking for Wim Hof fight club buddies - to give it a week or two and to make each other do the method. There are breathing techniques (and cold showers) involved!

So I guess I need to commit to a cold shower tomorrow. It says 30 seconds at the end of a shower for day one. I will commit to 2 minutes of a cold shower tomorrow morning. Here's the info on cold showers: https://www.wimhofmethod.com/benefits-of-cold-showers

Also, I need to commit to doing one of the breathing exercises tomorrow:

Just for a bit of fun, I will dedicate my cold shower to @Jean4 for being so full of love and support for everyone on this forum!

Anyone want to try it with me?

Reactions: Sensei
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
A study by Researcher Nikolai Shevchuk of the Department of Radiation Oncology at Virginia Commonwealth University School of Medicine found that cold showers can alleviate, and even prevent depression and anxiety. Shevchuk makes the claim that short, cold showers may stimulate the locus ceruleous, or "blue spot," which is the brain's primary source of noradrenaline — a biochemical that could help mediate depression and anxiety. The body is stressed by a hostile factor — in this case, icy water — that stimulates a healing response in the body and can lead to lower levels of anxiety and depression as well as a plethora of other benefits. The easiest recipe to get the psychological lift is by taking a cold shower for 2 to 3 minutes once or twice daily, preceded by a five-minute gradual adaptation to the temperature (i.e. start your shower hot and then finish it with 2–3 minutes of pure icy goodness). Only taking a cold shower can strengthen your body's parasympathetic and sympathetic nervous systems, increase proper circulation of blood through your body, and contract your muscles to eliminate toxins and poisonous wastes. Link: