T

TangentiallyAlive

Jul 3, 2024
I'm getting desperate & want to ctb very soon. My initial plan was to get a PO box, but that wont work since I do not have the secondary ID required to open one. I know you can apply for the mail carrier to hold the package for pickup, but I'm afraid itll get declined. I have to put my real address or they wont let me pick it up. Am I likely to get caught if I try this?

Reactions: ImTelling
B

badtothebone

Aug 20, 2024
What is sn

• Hmph!
Reactions: ImTelling and GoatHerder
smaragdyne

smaragdyne

Jul 21, 2024
I'm getting desperate & want to ctb very soon. My initial plan was to get a PO box, but that wont work since I do not have the secondary ID required to open one. I know you can apply for the mail carrier to hold the package for pickup, but I'm afraid itll get declined. I have to put my real address or they wont let me pick it up. Am I likely to get caught if I try this?
Caught by whom if I can ask? I see no reason why they'd deny your hold-for-pickup request; according to what I read (references below) it seems totally fine. As for the SN, it's illegal for ANYONE except you to open a parcel addressed to you without due process (e.g. probably cause or a search warrant, which they won't have :) 4th amendment ftw!)

Just make sure you use your real name, make an account on USPS, and use their "intercept a package" thing to request that it be held for you. I think I'm understanding that correctly, I've never done it myself like this.

I hope you find the peace you seek.

From the USPS:

P.S.

Reactions: badtothebone
B

badtothebone

Aug 20, 2024
Caught by whom if I can ask? I see no reason why they'd deny your hold-for-pickup request; according to what I read (references below) it seems totally fine. As for the SN, it's illegal for ANYONE except you to open a parcel addressed to you without due process (e.g. probably cause or a search warrant, which they won't have :) 4th amendment ftw!)

Just make sure you use your real name, make an account on USPS, and use their "intercept a package" thing to request that it be held for you. I think I'm understanding that correctly, I've never done it myself like this.

From the USPS:

P.S.
Appreciate you!

• Yay!
Reactions: smaragdyne
T

TangentiallyAlive

Jul 3, 2024

From the USPS:

P.S.
My main fear is that it will be sent to my house & someone in my family will open it. Thank you for the info, I think I'm gonna order it tonight!