• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

goodbye4ever

goodbye4ever

Apr 8, 2024
I want to CTB but I'm scared of failing and living with adverse complications. I also don't think I have the guts to use a gun or jump. I have a few methods that I've been thinking about. Some things that are stopping me are: fear of pain and how long it would take, and whoever has to find my body. I understand it's near impossible to have a completely painless exit, but I'd like to get the least pain I can, while being confident about follow through/success.

Here are my methods, let me know if they will work or what the consequences would.

1. OD
by taking: fluoxetine, sertraline, Benadryl, Sudafed, cold meds, and maybe some OTC sleeping aids. (I would take over the max dosage for each thing.)
2. Cutting my wrists in the bathtub (or somewhere else hidden): I know this method doesn't have a high success rate, but it's always interested me. I SH by cutting my arms, abdomen, and legs, so I don't think I'd back out of slitting my wrists. I would do it vertically to hit a vein, and I was thinking in a bathtub because it's easier to clean up.
3. Partial hanging—or full hanging: I wouldn't want to do this in my home, as I live with my parents. I also would need to find a safe, hidden place to do it because I don't want any children to find me. Any suggestions? And any information on pain and time it takes to die.

I'm not in any rush, because I still have things and letters to sort out before I go. I'm not quite ready at the moment, but I will be most likely within a year. Please share any alternative methods that might be better for me. (I've researched many methods already, but am hoping to find a more effective and painless way.)

S

sanitystruggle

Experienced
Mar 12, 2024
1. OD by taking: fluoxetine, sertraline, Benadryl, Sudafed, cold meds, and maybe some OTC sleeping aids. (I would take over the max dosage for each thing.)
2. Cutting my wrists in the bathtub (or somewhere else hidden): I know this method doesn't have a high success rate, but it's always interested me. I SH by cutting my arms, abdomen, and legs, so I don't think I'd back out of slitting my wrists. I would do it vertically to hit a vein, and I was thinking in a bathtub because it's easier to clean up.
These are both really bad ideas with low success rates and strong chances of severe injury/harm when they go wrong.

For any OD you need to go way over the max dose. But even then success with the drugs you're suggesting is less than two percent and there are lots of reports of highly unpleasant symptoms from things like benadryl overdose. Fluoxetine, sertraline and other SSRIs cause anxiety, tachycardia and convulsions in overdose and can cause serotonin syndrome which is painful and unpleasant.

Cutting has a success rate of less than 6% and carries a serious risk of infection, permanent scarring, and nerve/tendon damage that can affect the use of the hands. You need to hit a major artery to have any chance of success.

There are better methods available. Check the resource guide and sticky threads for more information.

Last edited:
goodbye4ever

goodbye4ever

Apr 8, 2024
These are both really bad ideas with low success rates and strong chances of severe injury/harm when they go wrong.

For any OD you need to go way over the max dose. But even then success with the drugs you're suggesting is less than two percent and there are lots of reports of highly unpleasant symptoms from things like benadryl overdose. Fluoxetine, sertraline and other SSRIs cause anxiety, tachycardia and convulsions in overdose and can cause serotonin syndrome which is painful and unpleasant.

Cutting has a success rate of less than 6% and carries a serious risk of infection, permanent scarring, and nerve/tendon damage that can affect the use of the hands. You need to hit a major artery to have any chance of success.

There are better methods available. Check the resource guide and sticky threads for more information.
Okay, thank you so much. I will continue to find some more effective methods. How likely is hanging going to work? I know there can be some serious brain consequences if failed, and I'm worried it wouldn't work and someone would find me too soon.

cryone

cryone

Student
Nov 23, 2023
Yeah, as said by the person above OD and cutting wrists are v ineffective. I'd suggest to go to some secluded forest during the night n do a full hanging from a tree.

S

sanitystruggle

Experienced
Mar 12, 2024
Okay, thank you so much. I will continue to find some more effective methods. How likely is hanging going to work? I know there can be some serious brain consequences if failed, and I'm worried it wouldn't work and someone would find me too soon.
I don't have much experience with it so I can't really say (I tried and failed with the tourniquet method once and just ended up with a bruised neck and purple face). There's lots of information in the megathreads if you check those out.

Last edited:
Reactions: Praestat_Mori