• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
Do you have health insurance that could potentially cover the cost?

oversizedsweaters

oversizedsweaters

Mar 6, 2021
In my country there's a standard amount of money you have to pay per year (if needed), after you paid that it's free. It's around 380 euros for me, whether it's for psychological or physical help or a treatment at the hospital or whatever, and then when you go over that amount the rest will be paid by your health insurance. So when you fuck up, it's better to do it all in one year, because that's cheaper haha

saltshaker

saltshaker

salt shaker, rule breaker
Jan 29, 2021
So they can pay off their mortgages while you rot at your parents house!

Way to expensive in my country, even with government subsidies. :S

E

Endeavour

Mage
Dec 13, 2020
Hmmmmm.. Tell me, what makes you think psychologists are expensive?

J

JipJopMop

Mar 6, 2021
Hmmmmm.. Tell me, what makes you think psychologists are expensive?
They are very expensive, aa lot of people can't afford £60+ an hour, and that is looking at the lower end, a lot of them charge £100-£200+

Reactions: Pen>Sword
E

Endeavour

Mage
Dec 13, 2020
They are very expensive, aa lot of people can't afford £60+ an hour, and that is looking at the lower end, a lot of them charge £100-£200+
Hmmmmmm.. And tell me what gave you impression that psychologists charge this amount?

I'll just reset the meter....

There, please do make yourself comfortable on my couch and carry on.

• Yay!
Reactions: Belaya Noch
W

WaitingForTheBusInTh

Student
Nov 18, 2020
Where I am the college of therapists (or whatever its called) recommends a MINIMUM of $225/hour. MINIMUM. Like oh I didn't know that good mental health was reserved for the wealthy? Psychiatrists are covered here but all they do is prescribe medication that you have to pay for if you dont have coverage lmao

Manaaja

Manaaja

euROPE
Sep 10, 2018
I saw a discussion where lots of people were complaining about having to pay $100-200 per hour for a psychologist, and then a psychologist (or at least she claimed to be one) chimed in and told everyone she offers video sessions for only $50. I understand wanting to make money, but profiting on people's suffering is just wrong. My cousin ctb because of financial problems (I don't know if there were other problems too), there's no way that throwing $50 per week would have made his situation any better. Any benefit he'd have gotten from paying would be overshadowed by seeing his bank account grow lighter and lighter.

In my country, psychologists/psychiatric nurses are free, but the downside is that a lot of them are not of high-quality and they change often and there's a shortage of them. Of course I'd rather have them be free, and I wish everyone could have free sessions, but if I had money, and I got to choose between one free psychiatric nurse who only knows about basic depression or a paid psychologist who have specialized in things like ADHD, asperger, ADD, etc., I'd choose the paid one. Another good thing about a paid one is that you're allowed to complain about them and you can choose to stop meeting them at anytime and get a new one. When I complain about my free psychiatric nurse being rude and homophobic, I'm called uncooperative, if I want to stop seeing them, they think that I don't want to take care of my mental health, if I want to change the nurse from an old sexist man to a younger woman who'd understand me better, I'm called entitled. I hate how only young people get actual psychologists who know about things, and anyone over 25 has to deal with psychiatric nurses who only know basic things, at least in my case.

M

MyStateKilledMe

Arcanist
Apr 23, 2020
The real problem is that therapists don't actually HELP you. They just ask you rhetorical questions like "How did it make you feel?", and "reflect" what you say to them, which is basically parroting everything back to you. A 1st-grader can do that stuff! Heck, forget the 1st-grader; I can do that stuff to myself in the mirror. For free! So I can't understand for the life of me why therapists are so expensive, because they don't actually DO anything helpful!

Last edited:
J

JipJopMop

Mar 6, 2021
Hmmmmmm.. And tell me what gave you impression that psychologists charge this amount?

I'll just reset the meter....

There, please do make yourself comfortable on my couch and carry on.

The prices on their websites and when I have contacted some in the past, that is the sort of rates they offer