• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

ggetout33

ggetout33

Better to reign in hell...
Mar 3, 2023
Seriously, we have pills for ADHD, Depression, Anxiety, Schizophrenia, and a whole bunch of other mental conditions. But with autism/Asperger's we're forced to just sit and deal with it? It's complete bullshit and I hate how most people don't even see me as human just because of the way I was born.

My only hope is that I meet the right crowd who are liberal and accepting enough to at least tolerate me and my shit. Meet them before I get so rejected I say screw the human race let them deal with their own mess.

I wish there was a pill that would suppress autistic traits and make me seem more neurotypical without trying, even temporarily. I hate that people can just tell I'm different no matter what I do and I can't do a damn thing to get it right and know I'm getting it right.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: divinemistress36, leavingthesoultrap, ijustwishtodie and 20 others
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Is it because the the other conditions you mention have their root cause in chemical abnormalities in the body, while autism/Asperger's is physiological in nature? I don't know, just simply asking.

• Hugs
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, Homo erectus, sserafim and 5 others
dumpsterfire

dumpsterfire

my melody
Jul 19, 2023
its one of those fun things that we dont quite understand all that well. kind of like dementia, we can recognize it sometimes and we kind of know how it works but we have no idea how to treat it.

• Hugs
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, Lookingtoflyfree, Homo erectus and 3 others
S

suicidaleeyore

Jun 30, 2023
Thing is the pills for those other disorders don't cure it just minimise the symptoms. The hard thing with autism is it is the actual wiring of the brain so medication wouldn't work. That's why young kids with more severe forms of autism go through ABA therapy to try rewire some of it (but it usually causes trauma). I personally just want a pill to cure my mental illness rather than my autism

• Hugs
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, Lookingtoflyfree, sserafim and 7 others
Obliviate

Obliviate

Abandon All Hope
Aug 13, 2022
I always think that neurodivergent people are the normal ones that have very appropriate responses to the environment while these psychotic brainwashed neurotypical robots are the abnormal ones. Maybe it would be nice to have a pill for sensory disorders, my main triggers are loud noises, certain textures, temperature etc etc

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, sserafim, 0000000000000 and 13 others
C

Crono

-
Jun 1, 2023
I would just like to heal the sensory sensitivity that makes me so tired and drains my energy. I would still like to have Asperger's hyperfocus and be socially different.

• Hugs
Reactions: divinemistress36, ijustwishtodie, Lookingtoflyfree and 6 others
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
Because it's a neurostructural problem. A pill can't touch that.

It is bullshit being forced into a world like this with a condition like autism and not be able to have our exit facilitated.

• Hugs
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, Lookingtoflyfree, sserafim and 7 others
Install-Gentoo

Install-Gentoo

Aug 23, 2022
Well, there are some ways to prevent it from occuring in the first place. Unfortunately, our society says eugenics is "evil" and "wrong".
It's illegal to knowingly spread STDs, why do we condemn people to awful lives by allowing people to knowingly breed with their genetic diseases?

• Love
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, sserafim, Deathisbetter and 2 others
FormerlyFe(IV)

FormerlyFe(IV)

Snapped.
Jun 27, 2023
My only hope is that I meet the right crowd who are liberal and accepting enough to at least tolerate me and my shit. Meet them before I get so rejected I say screw the human race let them deal with their own mess.

It's possible. I dated before and am in a friend group that is pretty diverse and accomodating. Heck, there is a dude more on the spectrum than I in it. But it still feels awful to slip up and fuck up and remember that you won't always fit in. Often I forget I'm a sperg when I'm with them. When I'm suddenly reminded it hits harder. Hope you find your crowd ♥️

• Love
Reactions: pinkribbonscars
ggetout33

ggetout33

Better to reign in hell...
Mar 3, 2023
Well, there are some ways to prevent it from occuring in the first place. Unfortunately, our society says eugenics is "evil" and "wrong".
It's illegal to knowingly spread STDs, why do we condemn people to awful lives by allowing people to knowingly breed with their genetic diseases?

The problem is that autism can develop even if you have two neurotypical parents. Neither of my parents are autistic. Maybe an uncle is or something.

But I do think if I were to have a kid, they would definitely turn out autistic. Which is a major reason why I don't want to have kids.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie, Lookingtoflyfree and sserafim
Archness

Archness

Defective Personel
Jan 20, 2023
Because just being able to fuck and breed is I guess justification for a right to have a child. So many rules about adoption, while making a child is essentially unregulated.

You could argue there's a right to use your biological functions to reproduce if you'd like... But all freedoms have limits, responsibilities, consequences. Reproduction may fit into this category, but actually implementing eugenics is a whole can of worms. Not to mention you basically gave the state the power to sterilize "undesirables".

Honestly people should be responsible themselves not to breed with horribly bad genes.

Reactions: sserafim, 0000000000000, Install-Gentoo and 1 other person
P

pinkribbonscars

She’s lost control
Oct 7, 2021
Because just being able to fuck and breed is I guess justification for a right to have a child. So many rules about adoption, while making a child is essentially unregulated.

You could argue there's a right to use your biological functions to reproduce if you'd like... But all freedoms have limits, responsibilities, consequences. Reproduction may fit into this category, but actually implementing eugenics is a whole can of worms. Not to mention you basically gave the state the power to sterilize "undesirables".

Honestly people should be responsible themselves not to breed with horribly bad genes.
The problem with eugenics is that when it is enforced through the government, you run into the issue of forced sterilization programs. No one who supports bodily autonomy and pro choice ideas should support state sanctioned eugenics. There are also some disabled people who are happy with their lives. To assume all disabled people live a life of eternal suffering is preposterous.

My proposed solution is a more inclusive, social model view of disability than the current medical one, to provide autonomy and support and to improve the quality of life of disabled people. Work to reduce the stigma so autistic people can be supported rather than shunned and marginalized. More funding for social programs as well. Widen the safety net.

And legalized abortion for all. If a pregnant person wants to abort due to genetic concerns, that's no one's business but theirs.

• Love
Reactions: sserafim and Chara
Archness

Archness

Defective Personel
Jan 20, 2023
I lean on pro-choice myself, but believe that abortion should have less regulation then giving birth; tho ideally both should have none or close to no regulations in the first place.

Not to mention an institution of eugenics having that kind of power, and a state institution, is enough to throw the whole idea away.

@pinkribbonscars My point wasn't that we should do eugenics, it's that people should be mindfull that their children will have their conditions and same suffering, and they must consider that to be responsable. Your solution is good, but in the real world I don't think it'll be as effective or possible as you hope. I'm autistic, and the stars aligned for the ideal conditions for me to become a healthy and fine adult; and look @ me now.

Reactions: sserafim, 0000000000000 and pinkribbonscars
P

pinkribbonscars

She’s lost control
Oct 7, 2021
I lean on pro-choice myself, but believe that abortion should have less regulation then giving birth; tho ideally both should have none or close to no regulations in the first place.

Not to mention an institution of eugenics having that kind of power, and a state institution, is enough to throw the whole idea away.

@pinkribbonscars My point wasn't that we should do eugenics, it's that people should be mindfull that their children will have their conditions and same suffering, and they must consider that to be responsable. Your solution is good, but in the real world I don't think it'll be as effective or possible as you hope. I'm autistic, and the stars aligned for the ideal conditions for me to become a healthy and fine adult; and look @ me now.
Oh, I wasn't clear. I quoted your post because I agree with you and wanted to share my personal thoughts on the matter.

I agree with every thing you said here as well. Giving birth is a tricky one, as obviously many children are forcibly birthed into a disadvantageous situation. It's hard to implement a policy that would respect the rights and autonomy of both the children and parents in this situation. Obviously a wider safety net and more social resources and laws to remediate poverty, discrimination, and other social ills would be my ideal solution, but that's not particularly practical. I am well aware that mandating progressive policies into practice is unlikely with how draconian, authoritarian and ableist our government is.

I do not like it when people view the disabled as "undesirables" (which I understand is not your personal view), but I don't disagree with you either. Mental illness and autism runs in my family, and the idea of passing on my depression is why I'm childfree. My sister is on the spectrum and does not want to risk potential children inheriting it either (she's also the reason I second guess ctb tbh lol), which I respect.

It's a shame we live in a world that marginalizes the disabled or mentally ill instead of supporting them. As we all know, suicidal people are not given dignity thanks to barbaric prevention policies. Imagine how many lives could actually be saved if people did.

Reactions: sserafim, 0000000000000 and Chara
booplesnoot34

booplesnoot34

I’ll miss the winter, a world of fragile things
Feb 8, 2023
Seriously, we have pills for ADHD, Depression, Anxiety, Schizophrenia, and a whole bunch of other mental conditions. But with autism/Asperger's we're forced to just sit and deal with it? It's complete bullshit and I hate how most people don't even see me as human just because of the way I was born.

I wish there was a pill that would suppress autistic traits and make me seem more neurotypical without trying, even temporarily. I hate that people can just tell I'm different no matter what I do and I can't do a damn thing to get it right and know I'm getting it right.
Autism is a developmental disorder that fundamentally alters the entire being. It's like asking why there isn't a pill for Down syndrome or cerebral palsy. I'd be first in line to cure my autism with a pill but it's so much more complicated than that. The best we can hope for is in utero genetic testing and selective abortions to prevent more autists being born. For those of us who are alive, there are services ranging from occupational therapy to social skills training to independent living skills classes, to help us to be as functional an independent as possible. It's actually my job to provide these services in my area.

Reactions: cmv and sserafim
Touhou

Touhou

2hu
Mar 9, 2023
I believe in bodily autonomy to the fullest extent. My body, my life, my choice what I do with it.
The best we can hope for is in utero genetic testing and selective abortions to prevent more autists being born.
The irony. In all seriousness, though, if you genuinely believe in genocide against autistic people then I don't know what to say to you.

• Love
Reactions: dogtired, Chara and pinkribbonscars
booplesnoot34

booplesnoot34

Feb 8, 2023
The irony. In all seriousness, though, if you genuinely believe in genocide against autistic people then I don't know what to say to you.
Prevent mass suffering by avoiding coming into this world in the first place. It's merciful. Once a life is in the world, that's when all this crap starts. Nobody has to get abortions but I believe it is highly irresponsible for people with inheritable conditions to breed and breathtakingly cruel to knowingly bring a disabled child into this world. Autism is a bad thing inherently and inevitably and should not be forced upon people. So many of us here on SaSu are disabled. Disability is something that should not exist. We can support the disabled people who currently exist without having to support more of us spawning.

• Love
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, sserafim, 0000000000000 and 3 others
Install-Gentoo

Install-Gentoo

Aug 23, 2022
The problem with eugenics is that when it is enforced through the government, you run into the issue of forced sterilization programs. No one who supports bodily autonomy and pro choice ideas should support state sanctioned eugenics. There are also some disabled people who are happy with their lives. To assume all disabled people live a life of eternal suffering is preposterous.

My proposed solution is a more inclusive, social model view of disability than the current medical one, to provide autonomy and support and to improve the quality of life of disabled people. Work to reduce the stigma so autistic people can be supported rather than shunned and marginalized. More funding for social programs as well. Widen the safety net.

And legalized abortion for all. If a pregnant person wants to abort due to genetic concerns, that's no one's business but theirs.
the idea is that these disabled people could be more happy without having the disability in the first place. They are wonderful happy people, but could be even more so without their limitations.

• Hmph!
Reactions: sserafim and pinkribbonscars
P

pinkribbonscars

She’s lost control
Oct 7, 2021
Prevent mass suffering by avoiding coming into this world in the first place. It's merciful. Once a life is in the world, that's when all this crap starts. Nobody has to get abortions but I believe it is highly irresponsible for people with inheritable conditions to breed and breathtakingly cruel to knowingly bring a disabled child into this world. Autism is a bad thing inherently and inevitably and should not be forced upon people. So many of us here on SaSu are disabled. Disability is something that should not exist. We can support the disabled people who currently exist without having to support more of us spawning.
I'm sorry you feel that way. I do not believe developmental disabilities are inherently bad. I understand it's inevitable to suffer if you have conditions like chronic pain or dementia or anything terminal but I don't think autism is an inherently awful thing.

Of course I do believe anyone should consider the repercussions of childbirth before conceiving. I believe the cruelty of this world and the discrimination people with non fatal and livable conditions face is why many of them want to ctb and I would respect their decision but it's unfortunate they have to feel that way. They should be able to be supported and free but that's not the world we live in.

Seeing my sister think she is inherently horrible for being autistic is so disheartening and if she wanted to ctb due to the stigma I'd understand. I wouldn't help but wonder where she'd be if she didn't live in an ableist world tho and was raised in a society that adapted to her condition however.

Honestly some of the responses in this thread are gross. Lol

• Love
Reactions: dogtired, Chara and f1lth
D

Deathisbetter

-
Jun 3, 2023
Agreed as someone with autism and who hears voices I am looking to get a hysterectomy I would never ever ever bring a child into this fucked up world where they can't even have an assisted death if it gets to bad and they want a way out.

Reactions: divinemistress36, sserafim and 0000000000000
A

aGoodDayToDie

Arcanist
Jun 30, 2023
There are therapies that are supposed to be able to help. But yeah autism sucks

Reactions: sserafim
booplesnoot34

booplesnoot34

Feb 8, 2023
I'm sorry you feel that way. I do not believe developmental disabilities are inherently bad. I understand it's inevitable to suffer if you have conditions like chronic pain or dementia or anything terminal but I don't think autism is an inherently awful thing.

Of course I do believe anyone should consider the repercussions of childbirth before conceiving. I believe the cruelty of this world and the discrimination people with non fatal and livable conditions face is why many of them want to ctb and I would respect their decision but it's unfortunate they have to feel that way. They should be able to be supported and free but that's not the world we live in.

Seeing my sister think she is inherently horrible for being autistic is so disheartening and if she wanted to ctb due to the stigma I'd understand. I wouldn't help but wonder where she'd be if she didn't live in an ableist world tho and was raised in a society that adapted to her condition however.

Honestly some of the responses in this thread are gross. Lol
It's not the ableism that makes autism inherently bad, it's the sensory issues and all the internal crap that comes with it. No «social model of disability» is going to make my debilitating photophobia (visual light sensitivity) go away. I'm effectively made to live blind for periods every day because I cannot be exposed to any level light without complete sensory overload. I need medical sunglasses to read a dang PDF. Autism is as much physical suffering as mental symptoms. Disabilities are disabling, and there are very few if any disabilities that would not still be a net negative in a world without ableism. I'm glad your sister has you to support her, but please try to listen to the autistic voices here without allistic bias (I don't know how to phrase this without sounding condescending but I'm not trying to be, I'm just encouraging understanding)
Agreed as someone with autism and who hears voices I am looking to get a hysterectomy I would never ever ever bring a child into this fucked up world where they can't even have an assisted death if it gets to bad and they want a way out.
My fiancé and I are both autistic and we never want biological children because we don't want to pass down the curse. My mother had crippling depression and passed on her mental illnesses to all her children. I'm not subjecting a child to the horrors of treatment-resistant depression. People with inheritable conditions should not breed, and those who choose to do so despite the risks are selfish and cruel. I know that sounded harsh but after what I went through I'm not apologizing.

Last edited:
  • Informative
  • Love
Reactions: divinemistress36, sserafim, 0000000000000 and 3 others
P

pinkribbonscars

She’s lost control
Oct 7, 2021
@booplesnoot34

You don't sound condescending.

I don't know what it is like to deal with sensory overload to that degree. It doesn't sound fun. I wish companies would look into more research and treatments for sensory sensitivities, but where's the money in that? The effectiveness of occupational therapy isn't well tested sadly.

Obviously there are complications with any disability. However, some people with disabilities (including autism) are happy with their lives. There's a study that indicates a high percentage of ppl w/ downs syndrome are (I don't remember the precise number tho).

People who can't cope with their disability deserve the right to die, but I think it's an error to assume all disabled people suffer. There are some people with depression who can and wish to be saved after all.

Personally I find the anhedonia and intrusive thoughts I experience to be excruciating, and consider the current psychiatric system barbaric and behind in knowledge, research, and medical advancements. I do think some of the suffering people with certain disabilities or mental illness deal with is oppression based since we live in a world that cares more about generating capital than humanizing people. We may have to agree to disagree.

I wish I could get actual help but I just feel discriminated against when I try. I definitely don't want kids because I don't want them to share the same struggle. Your reason for not having kids is valid. I'll admit I'm somewhat biased because my mom wanted to cure my sisters autism and treat her with bleach, and it destroyed her self esteem. I wish people weren't so cruel to the disabled.

• Informative
Reactions: 0000000000000
Chara

Chara

Severe pain? But no gain.
Jul 22, 2023
If the world could choose KINDNESS over CRUELTY, it wouldn't be so bad. Am extremely sensitive. Nobody cares or respects that. If they did, would probably find life less painful. Sure some of it is out of others control, but when you snatch headphones, refuse to let someone who's overloaded leave, deliberately trigger them, punish them for stimming and all the other horrible things that have personally experienced, that is in your control, and you are choosing cruelty.

Sensory overload is really the only part that would get rid of. The rest is on society. Just because they're the majority, doesn't mean they should be allowed to mistreat us. Individuals who don't suffer from sensory overload or have other comorbidities that hinder them tend to excel in society even with how society is. Do you really think all those "strange" geniuses historically were neurotypical just because they weren't diagnosed? Sincerely doubt it.

If autistic people were the majority, things would definitely be different. It's mostly living in a world not built for you run by others who cannot understand that makes living in it so unbearable. Beyond sensory overload. Which probably wouldn't be as bad if autistic people were the majority.

Here's an interesting article that helped a lot with internalized abliesm for personally; https://psychcentral.com/blog/aspie/2018/09/allism-spectrum-disorders-a-parody#Allism

They wouldn't like it if the situation was reversed. Granted it probably wouldn't be as rough for them.

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: sserafim, 0000000000000 and pinkribbonscars
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
The autistic brain is entirely different. That's why.

booplesnoot34

booplesnoot34

Feb 8, 2023
@booplesnoot34

You don't sound condescending.

I don't know what it is like to deal with sensory overload to that degree. It doesn't sound fun. I wish companies would look into more research and treatments for sensory sensitivities, but where's the money in that? The effectiveness of occupational therapy isn't well tested sadly.

Obviously there are complications with any disability. However, some people with disabilities (including autism) are happy with their lives. There's a study that indicates a high percentage of ppl w/ downs syndrome are (I don't remember the precise number tho).

People who can't cope with their disability deserve the right to die, but I think it's an error to assume all disabled people suffer. There are some people with depression who can and wish to be saved after all.

Personally I find the anhedonia and intrusive thoughts I experience to be excruciating, and consider the current psychiatric system barbaric and behind in knowledge, research, and medical advancements. I do think some of the suffering people with certain disabilities or mental illness deal with is oppression based since we live in a world that cares more about generating capital than humanizing people. We may have to agree to disagree.

I wish I could get actual help but I just feel discriminated against when I try. I definitely don't want kids because I don't want them to share the same struggle. Your reason for not having kids is valid. I'll admit I'm somewhat biased because my mom wanted to cure my sisters autism and treat her with bleach, and it destroyed her self esteem. I wish people weren't so cruel to the disabled.
Tbh if the world were run by autistics, there would be no world. The executive dysfunction that comes with autism is huuuuuuge. I work with disabled adults to teach life skills and most of my low-functioning clients can't even use the restroom on their own. Found that out the hard way when a client pissed herself everywhere. Another client got physically violent with a lady at autism support group last week because she wanted a sticker. The higher-functioning side may fare a bit better but even then I'm trying to teach them how to feed themselves and it's too much for them.

Most Down syndrome people are happy because they don't have the intellectual capacity to realize and understand the things that we do about life. Hmmm… maybe lobotomies weren't such a bad idea lol.

I think of it like this: selective abortions are a 100% effective way to prevent a human being from suffering through this world. Whether an embryo would've been one of the lucky few who didn't suffer is a moot point because that is merely a hypothetical person. Disabled people who already exist deserve access to quality services and bodily autonomy. Disabled people who don't exist should remain that way.

Bleach?! Man, people make me sick…

• Informative
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, sserafim, 0000000000000 and 1 other person
P

pinkribbonscars

She’s lost control
Oct 7, 2021
Tbh if the world were run by autistics, there would be no world. The executive dysfunction that comes with autism is huuuuuuge. I work with disabled adults to teach life skills and most of my low-functioning clients can't even use the restroom on their own. Found that out the hard way when a client pissed herself everywhere. Another client got physically violent with a lady at autism support group last week because she wanted a sticker. The higher-functioning side may fare a bit better but even then I'm trying to teach them how to feed themselves and it's too much for them
You're autistic and able to hold down a job working with them. I imagine you can feed yourself right?

Autism is a spectrum that ranges wildly in severity and I imagine the quality of life varies greatly depending on social supports and environment. The unemployment rate for autistics is high but many companies are working on trying to recruite them. How successful these efforts will be, idk.

I worked for a group home that was underfunded and understaffed. Our nonverbal autistic client never got to go out and the excuse was "she'll run away" or "we have no staff." I suggested teaching her sign language and "that will overwhelm her." No one put the effort into teaching her different ways to communicate. The way society treats autistics is horrible. Few funding and people lock them in group homes and treat them like dangers and animals.

Personally I think autistic people of all degrees make the world more interesting and I wish they had more support and funding.
I think of it like this: selective abortions are a 100% effective way to prevent a human being from suffering through this world. Whether an embryo would've been one of the lucky few who didn't suffer is a moot point because that is merely a hypothetical person. Disabled people who already exist deserve access to quality services and bodily autonomy. Disabled people who don't exist should remain that way.
Selective breeding should be up to the individual. Making it state mandated creates a slippery slope because who is and isn't "undesirable" is subjective, and many people in support of mass genocide of "undesirables" would oppose policies that would enhance their lives. You could argue trans people are "undesirable" because they don't conform and have gender dysphoria. If a trans person wants to commit suicide it is their business. If a trans person wants access to medical and social transitioning and finds it helps, they should have that right.

The Nazis were opposed to trans gender people and shut down gender clinics that stalled progress. Obviously if a pregnant person wants genetic screening and an abortion as a result, that is their right, but no one should be encouraged or forced to get an abortion against their will. That goes against pro-choice and pro bodily autonomy ideals.

Bleach?! Man, people make me sick…
Well at least we agree on something.

Also I know you were joking but lobotomies caused so much suffering for people. Honestly you don't sound like someone who supports the alleviation of suffering inasmuch as someone who supports the discrimination and bigotry of those who are different.

Last edited:
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
You're autistic and able to hold down a job working with them. I imagine you can feed yourself right?

Autism is a spectrum that ranges wildly in severity and I imagine the quality of life varies greatly depending on social supports and environment. The unemployment rate for autistics is high but many companies are working on trying to recruite them. How successful these efforts will be, idk.

I worked for a group home that was underfunded and understaffed. Our nonverbal autistic client never got to go out and the excuse was "she'll run away" or "we have no staff." I suggested teaching her sign language and "that will overwhelm her." No one put the effort into teaching her different ways to communicate. The way society treats autistics is horrible. Few funding and people lock them in group homes and treat them like dangers and animals.

Personally I think autistic people of all degrees make the world more interesting and I wish they had more support and funding.

Selective breeding should be up to the individual. Making it state mandated creates a slippery slope because who is and isn't "undesirable" is subjective, and many people in support of mass genocide of "undesirables" would oppose policies that would enhance their lives. You could argue trans people are "undesirable" because they don't conform and have gender dysphoria. If a trans person wants to commit suicide it is their business. If a trans person wants access to medical and social transitioning and finds it helps, they should have that right.

The Nazis were opposed to trans gender people and shut down gender clinics that stalled progress. Obviously if a pregnant person wants genetic screening and an abortion as a result, that is their right, but no one should be encouraged or forced to get an abortion against their will. That goes against pro-choice and pro bodily autonomy ideals.

Well at least we agree on something.

Also I know you were joking but lobotomies caused so much suffering for people. Honestly you don't sound like someone who supports the alleviation of suffering inasmuch as someone who supports the discrimination and bigotry of those who are different.
@booplesnoot34 is just being honest about the reality of suffering.

Back in the day disabled babies would be put outside to 'expose' them. This ended their suffering and the suffering of their parents. Now parents have to care for their disabled children for life.

I have a child in my family who will never walk or talk, is hours of work for her loving parents, is getting heavier, wakes all night like a baby…I personally do not sanction this ongoing suffering. Her parents love her hugely but if society sanctioned other options I personally think it would be kinder to all.

with me, my misery and my depression also impacts my family. why do we pretend there is anything worthwhile abput this pointless suffering.

My dog had five puppies. Two were not viable and she did not feed them/they died. With dogs, we could put down the puppy with a cleft palate rather than subject him to years of suffering at a cost of 1000s.

we could assess quality of life easily for many of us. let's not romantise or diminish the reality of suffering

Reactions: ijustwishtodie, Install-Gentoo, sserafim and 2 others
P

pinkribbonscars

She’s lost control
Oct 7, 2021
@booplesnoot34 is just being honest about the reality of suffering.

Back in the day disabled babies would be put outside to 'expose' them. This ended their suffering and the suffering of their parents. Now parents have to care for their disabled children for life.

I have a child in my family who will never walk or talk, is hours of work for her loving parents, is getting heavier, wakes all night like a baby…I personally do not sanction this ongoing suffering. Her parents love her hugely but if society sanctioned other options I personally think it would be kinder to all.

with me, my misery and my depression also impacts my family. why do we pretend there is anything worthwhile abput this pointless suffering.

My dog had five puppies. Two were not viable and she did not feed them/they died. With dogs, we could put down the puppy with a cleft palate rather than subject him to years of suffering at a cost of 1000s.

we could assess quality of life easily for many of us. let's not romantise or diminish the reality of suffering
I'm arguing that if life is worth living or if a pregnancy is worth bringing to term should be up to the individual and not wider society. This is why I'll never support eugenics. Too much bureaucracy.

I am shocked that members of a forum that argue forced suicide prevention, medical treatments and procedures, and psychiatric holds are against human rights would also support eugenics. I thought this was a pro-choice board.

• Love
Reactions: 0000000000000 and Chara
L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
I'd like to see honest conversations about quality of life and euthanasia options. Including for people who cannot speak for their own suffering.
I don't think forced abortions. but also not gooey romanticised isn't life great with autism etc.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie, sserafim and 0000000000000