Exact Change

Exact Change

A life of mistakes
Nov 6, 2022
I just watched an episode of a TV series where the main character dies after fighting for his life but loses the battle. It's a sad and heart-wrenching episode. We all feel so much for those who fight to live but suffer because of the illness and lose the battle.

Why can't there be empathy for those who suffer each day, for those who battle each day, for those who are in pain each day, and decide that the battle is lost?

If people can die too soon, then why can't people understand that for some of us, we feel we have lived too long?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: katagiri83, SamTam33, Per Ardua Ad Astra and 1 other person
jodes2

jodes2

Hello people ❤️
Aug 28, 2022
A lot of people do have empathy for everyone, no matter their situation, I promise ❤️❤️❤️

I'm sorry suffering so much has brought you here, I hope you find a glimmer of hope and recover so you can enjoy life ❤️❤️❤️

• Hugs
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra
L

LonelyEmerald

Experienced
Nov 26, 2022
I think there's a large group of people in today's society that have no empathy for anyone, living or otherwise.

Reactions: katagiri83
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
The truth is that many people in this world are horrified at the thought of someone voluntarily choosing death over life, it represents what they fear and shatters their delusional worldview. Those who aren't suicidal don't understand what it's like to wish to leave this world so therefore these people are likely to be only empathetic to what they relate to, which is the desire to live and for life to be prolonged.

Many people are also against suicide as they would selfishly not want to lose those that they know to it, so they see suicide as being a negative thing for everyone. But the wish to leave this world should certainly be respected and not dismissed. There could never be anything wrong with someone deciding to leave behind a life that they never asked for. Continuing to exist is only delaying the inevitable anyway and some people simply wish to prevent unnecessary suffering. At least for me, to die as soon as possible would be the most rational thing to do.