• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
It's because they choose more violent suicide methods, like using fire-arms. Women typically choose less effective methods, like overdose, which have higher survival rates. Suicide rates are based on the number of people who have died by suicide, not the number of people who've attempted. Women, on average, are more likely to attempt suicide, while men are more likely to succeed at it. The suicide gender gap has been decreasing over recent years though, as more and more women are choosing better suicide methods, particulary hanging.

• Informative
Reactions: WretchedDreams, Guy Smiley, sserafim and 1 other person
M

mtoro998

Experienced
Feb 29, 2024
Women arent as lonely as men they can instantly find new company most of the time. Men are expected to pay so if your broke then your screwed. Women can have zero dollars to thier name and still get a guy. Even if your a good looking guy you will not find someone as fast as an unattractive woman can. The big thing is also that guys arent really able to talk about our feelings without people telling us we are weak and to shut up.

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: divinemistress36, WretchedDreams, Cosis and 1 other person
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
I couldn't see if I replied last year so it would be interesting how my views changes since the OP.

Anyways I'd say two main reasons.

1. Men will use more lethal methods like hanging, jumping and CO/H2S. Women will use drinking poisons and ODs which have high failure.

2. Us men are terrible at talking, will keep things bottled up whilst dying inside.

• Informative
Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I find this concept of men never discussing their feeeeeelings to be funny- the vast majority of heart on sleeve romantic heartache music is written and composed by men. Female written music often has a noticeably narcissistic tone in comparison.
Maybe music is their outlet for their unexpressed and undiscussed feelings? Wdym by "narcissistic tone"? How so?

C

Cosis

Feb 7, 2023
I couldn't see if I replied last year so it would be interesting how my views changes since the OP.

Anyways I'd say two main reasons.

1. Men will use more lethal methods like hanging, jumping and CO/H2S. Women will use drinking poisons and ODs which have high failure.

2. Us men are terrible at talking, will keep things bottled up whilst dying inside.
Men are not "terrible at talking". We are taught not to talk from a young age by people's behavior. Everyone says we should talk about our feelings but when you do, you get backlash, made fun of, called a pussy, and have people lose respect for you, especially women. No girl wants to date a guy she can't respect no matter what they say, WATCH WHAT THEY DO. The depressed lil' bitch of a man will never get anyone unless he's incredibly attractive. Then all of a sudden his depression means he's "in touch with his emotions".

If you're not an 7/10 or above as a guy you're not allowed to express emotions, especially sadness and lonliness unless you want to be labeled an entitled incel who hates women and doesn't deserve love because you can't get your shit together. NONE of that is put out there as a requirement for women who show loneliness, NONE OF IT.

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: sserafim, WretchedDreams, Deleted member 65988 and 1 other person
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Men are not "terrible at talking". We are taught not to talk from a young age by people's behavior. Everyone says we should talk about our feelings but when you do, you get backlash, made fun of, called a pussy, and have people lose respect for you, especially women. No girl wants to date a guy she can't respect no matter what they say, WATCH WHAT THEY DO. The depressed lil' bitch of a man will never get anyone unless he's incredibly attractive. Then all of a sudden his depression means he's "in touch with his emotions".

If you're not an 7/10 or above as a guy you're not allowed to express emotions, especially sadness and lonliness unless you want to be labeled an entitled incel who hates women and doesn't deserve love because you can't get your shit together. NONE of that is put out there as a requirement for women who show loneliness, NONE OF IT.
I think the opposite is true. So called alpha males are good at expressing how they feel and don't hide it from anyone. Different perspectives I guess.

D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
I think the opposite is true. So called alpha males are good at expressing how they feel and don't hide it from anyone. Different perspectives I guess.
Well I think men are generally expected to put up or shut up with whatever life brings them. Going to therapy is still stigmatized as well as ever admitting that you are depressed or have depression

Reactions: WretchedDreams
C

Cosis

Feb 7, 2023
No, those Alpha Males express only the "right" emotions. Anger, Demand, and Selfishness. It's looked over though because he's attractive. All those things get lumped into "Assertiveness" for him but when they break up with the girl it changes into "He turned into an Asshole". No, he was always that and as long as she was honored enough to be with him, she'd defend his asshole behavior to the fucking death.

Alex Fermentopathy

Alex Fermentopathy

Experienced
Feb 25, 2024
Major depression is twice as common in women, and they attempt twice as much.
We don't know how common is a major depression, we only know how often it is diagnosed. Feel the difference.

Grav

Grav

Wizard
Jul 26, 2020
I would say men are better at succeeding because men in general are results driven. "Set a course and get on with it". The methods aren't the reason but a symptom, men will pick more effective methods to achieve the result. Personally I'm not going to try to od on pills or cut and see if I bleed out. It'll be one that is a high percentage method. There are reasons more men may ctb now but if the success rate has stayed the same over time, even when total deaths is low, I would put it up to what I posted.
There are less support systems for men but that's more of a breakdown in society to an isolated online world. Men who came back from horrendous war experiences continued to live even though they've seen the worst. They had organizations and activities where they could be comfortable and deal with their issues in their way. These were social groups. Now those groups have died out and more young men are online only, not interacting in person, which I believe effects how you interact and respond. Saying "man life is really sucking" to an online friend or even on the phone is different than saying that to someone's face and seeing their response. I notice this personally, and I have a low online presence because of this. I'd rather hang out with people than be online, and I'm normally an anxious quiet person. Having a group that welcomes you when you show up and do a shared activity, for me, is a big uplift; this goes for men & women I believe. I'm in a model building group 1/month and play games with others when I can. We get some new people, usually guys, see the model group (it's a a hobby store) and we always chat them up. I think many of them see a group of guys building models, bs'ing, laughing at jokes, talking shop, and griping about life and they form a connection. We get new people joining up. When you don't have a group of people or a person who's not intimately involved with you (relative, partner, etc) you're alone dealing with issues and I don't feel online fills the bill fully. Like only eating chips for food; ya it's technically food but not good food.

ChildrensITV

ChildrensITV

Arcanist
Mar 14, 2023
I dont consider myself trans as I have no desire to "transition". I'm more just dysphoric. I do appreciate the words, though.

Weirdly. I am very slightly dysphoric about being a man but it's more cuz life is unfair as a man, not cuz I find it uncomfortable.

sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
Weirdly. I am very slightly dysphoric about being a man but it's more cuz life is unfair as a man, not cuz I find it uncomfortable.
How is life unfair as a man?

Reactions: Lifeaffirmingchoice