voidman

voidman

emptiness —> nothingness
Sep 15, 2020
Society hasn't quite come around to the idea yet. Eventually I think the general consensus around this issue will become somewhat more liberal, as with most other issues. But in the meantime, gotta have more slaves to do mindless labor for society. However, it's also an instinct to want to perpetuate the species and protecting it's members from ctb is one of the ways of doing this. We can only hope to pave the way for future reform.

Reactions: Hazelnut
FlyMe2TheMoon

FlyMe2TheMoon

I'm just so tired.
Sep 30, 2020
Selfishness.
Families and friends don't want people to CTB because they want the person to stick around for them, even if the person isn't happy with life.
Little do they know, they're only worsening the suicidal person's suffering by forcing them to stay alive, and keeping them away from methods that would let them die peacefully, painlessly and with dignity.

• Aww..
Reactions: Hanna Backer, canihavepeaceforonce, Hazelnut and 1 other person
CrazyMary

CrazyMary

Student
Sep 20, 2020
I spoke about it last week with one of my closest friends (I am not telling this to everybody just to get atenttion). My thoughts about CTB and why I am doing it. We are pretty close and don´t hide anything from each other. He is into shamanism and that kind of shit and he told me. You are facing this problem because you are strong enough to solve it and if not you will be here again in the next life or in x amount of time, facing the same demon. I used to believe in that shit, right now I am so tired and desperate that I don´t really believe and think if he is correct, hopefully next time I won´t have an fing mental disease besides my issues.
Society hasn't quite come around to the idea yet. Eventually I think the general consensus around this issue will become somewhat more liberal, as with most other issues. But in the meantime, gotta have more slaves to do mindless labor for society. However, it's also an instinct to want to perpetuate the species and protecting it's members from ctb is one of the ways of doing this. We can only hope to pave the way for future reform.
I like the idea of paving the way. But how can we do it? Specially those that will probably CTB soon? Talking openly would only get you committed, I have only thought of leaving a letter and video explaining my reasons

Reactions: canihavepeaceforonce
Disappointered

Disappointered

Enlightened
Sep 21, 2020
Yeah, religion, evolutionary biology, economic and geopolitical rivalries/management etc, the intricacies of which surpass me. But from where I'm standing it looks like there is a pretty big momentum to move into a new culture of acceptance for suicide, starting with medically approved euthanasia. It's just a matter of time before it's normalized. In a world with no religion left there is no reason to keep holding onto life as something innately valuable and the regions used as experimental leaders for global "progress" are already rolling out basic guaranteed income (ie no need to keep someone economically productive anymore) and legalized marijuana at the same time as medically approved suicide. It'll still take some time but maybe one day people who can't get anything out of life will be able to just disconnect from "this" through some simple means and others will be fine with it, maybe even able to admit they're glad to see society relieved of a burden. Maybe one day there will even be celebrated mass suicide events in giant stadiums. But for now too many people still need to fill in the gaps of their minds with religion and too many people at the top of the food chain need to use and manage them, so the "progress" is still slow going. I believe a neuroscientist in France recently suggested euthanizing malcontents during the period of the yellow vest riots and he's just saying what others in his crowd are thinking. If he wasn't a sac-of-shit he'd be an outspoken pro-choice suicide advocate. Oh well. Baby steps.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game
watsonsmith

watsonsmith

Aug 31, 2020
Aside from the systemic necessity for keeping productive people alive I think it also has to do with the basic identity everyone builds around being alive. Life needs to have inherent value for people so they can fathom the adversities and suffering that are invariably bound to existence. A suicidal person undermines this notion and triggers the unconscious death anxiety common to all people (as much as they would like to deny it).

So, I think that suicidal people remind everyone of the tragedy that human life is and remind them of death in a very personal way. People don't want to even hear about it and when they do they will do anything to protect themselves from the notion of death in general. And so suicide is vilified.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Hazelnut and kqlysrsly
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
Because the elite feed off suffering, so because most our lives are so bad ad we have to address that with uncertain methods of achieving death it gives off a tremendous amount of pain energy that they feed off.
Its not just physical like Adrenacrome harvesting, it's mental.

CalmStrikeofMercy

CalmStrikeofMercy

Detatched Observer.
Dec 8, 2019
Too cultish.

The holocaust.

Contagion.

I figured it had to do with the lack of terra firma that suicide has on people in the wake. That when we have problems that there are acceptable ways in which we solve them and ways in which we do not solve them. Opens up the door to too many bad actors. But I am not sure. People leave me out of the loop so I am only guessing at this point.

Really messes with structural integrity of people and the agreements we have with one another.

Last edited:
J

JipJopMop

Mar 6, 2021
It sucks, I hope society shifts to allow more assisted suicide and euphanasia, I think slowly progress will be made. Some countries have already woken up to this.