Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

If boredom were a CTB method, I would be long gone
Sep 13, 2020
I was watching that thread for most of its run and even left a pretty insensitive comment that I'm glad is gone now. Sorry if you had the misfortune of spotting it... My mind always wants to play devil's advocate it seems.

I will say that I have this nasty tendency of gradually sympathizing with people who I see are getting dog piled on if I can relate to one thing about that person. I think that original thread was made in very poor taste and not well thought out but I was willing to give the benefit of the doubt that he could be made to change. That was, until I saw some of the responses to his thread, and the other parody thread that came after. While those responses are objectively correct to be wary, I don't think some of them truly helped the OP grow or learn. Rather it taught him that he is doomed to become a predator for how he speaks and while I can't claim to speak for him I wouldn't be surprised if he believes he has no other options as a direct result of the discourse that took place. If he actually does something predatory then we can pile on the hate and kick him out but I have firsthand experience being an evil and twisted person myself and I can guarantee for sure that it starts when people come together to mock them even when it's for a good reason. I don't think that means we have to encourage or coddle him or anyone who says stuff like that though but it's important that people in the future either ignore it or be more polite about it, at least at first. Maybe I'm wrong though because the stuff he said really was red flag raising.

OP, if you're watching this. Take everyone's advice that this is not a dating site. If you're here for only that then I suggest you look elsewhere not because you'd be a predator (which you could be), but because you likely won't get a fulfilling relationship from an Internet forum anyway no matter what they're about. If you just want female friends to gain experience talking to them so that you can work your way up, then get a tinder or similar app and if nothing happens for you, then I'm really sorry but it definitely wouldn't have happened here.

Well thought out and clearly articulated. Thanks for your perspective.
I disagree, it does not excuse poor social skills or desperation. Though everyone has their opinions still like the thread.

Thank you for your opinion. I'll pose this to you, should we dogpile on someone with "poor social skills?" Could you see a more safe and more productive approach to shut a thread like this down in the future? Maybe, seek out some mods for intervention? What approach would you suggest next time?
just because people have mental health problems or other issues, doesn't mean they can't tell the difference between right and wrong. what 99.9% of 'normal' people think is a correct way to look at something, is exactly what the 99.9% of normal people on here think aswell. because we aren't some strange set of people that can't relate to what the so called normal people think, just because we have issues/problems doesn't mean don't have morals.

If you come on here an attack a group of people, i'm not surprised people react how they do (me included). some ways of acting or behaving, will never been seen as 'right' whether you have a mental health problem,are 'normal' or suicidal. some things/ways of thinking are just wrong no matter what to 99.9% of pople whoever they are.

Thanks for your thoughts. I am not sure I agree with some of your post. After your first sentence, I suggest that certain individuals with mental illness do not know the difference between right and wrong. For example, psychopaths and sociopaths are an example that come to mind. I am not super knowledgable with those two illnesses, so perhaps I am incorrct.

Not looking to argue whatsoever, just suggesting that not everyone with mental illness knows the difference between right and wrong. The US court system seems to agree with this assessment, it would be appear, or else there would be no chance for a plea of insanity.

Just sharing my own views and love the desenting opinions! How else can I learn.

Thanks.
How do you know this?
Have you done tests or is it just based on your experiences interacting with people?

Also, I think I read that you studied psychology? (although knowing psychology doesn't necessarily mean having high emotional IQ)

(I'm not trying to attack you in any way in asking these questions, I'm just curious how anyone knows how emotionally intelligent they are)

Is this certain?
Or just based on people's hunches and the general tone of the OP?

Just based on my track record of saying and doing the wrong stuff IRL. I kind of lack a filter from my brain to my tongue and come across incorrectly way too often.

Perhaps we should consider following the suggestion someone came up with in chat with me - to page the mods if something like this happens next time? It seems like a great recommendation. Might lead to much less heartache.

And, if anywhere I said anything that offended anyone in this thread or otherwise did not feel good I apologize.

I really respected how I posted a poorly worded title for this thread and instead of being flamed someone asked me for clarification. I respect posters who offer this courtesy to me and to others.

Communication is so hard IRL and here we are on line with an emotional charged topic; tough to navigate through those variables.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, puppy9, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga and 1 other person
C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
For example, psychopaths and sociopaths are an example that come to mind

yeah but i was basing it on the fact none of the members here are like this!!!!! i would of thought that goes without saying if you were in that bracket ,hence why i didn't mention it!

I was talking about the members here..........i guess there could be people like that here ( you never know!!)

Reactions: Chupacabra 44
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
Why does it seem to me that periodically people go out of their way to a flame a poster? I saw an extreme case of this yesterday.

What is to be gained by taking this approach? Help me understand.

Maybe we should think twice before we post something unnecessarily antagonizing?

Perhaps somebody could start a comedy thread and we could try and focus our jokes there as opposed to a thread started by a member clearly in pain and potentially suffering significant mental illness?

Many of us here have mental health issues - myself included. Please give the other member the benefit of the doubt that mental illness might be in play and perhaps think twice before flaming these people.

Does seeing this bother anyone else?
THANK YOU for such a GREAT post. I have, since I have been here, have always wondered why someone would or does do this aspect. I REALLY think you are the BEST! You are such a caring and loving global family member that, I hate to admit ti, but I am crying right now, becasue of your great post and how much you think of everyone here. LOVE IT AND YOU!!!!!! Again THANK YOU!:hug:

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 1465, Deleted member 4993, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga and 1 other person
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

Sep 13, 2020
THANK YOU for such a GREAT post. I have, since I have been here, have always wondered why someone would or does do this aspect. I REALLY think you are the BEST! You are such a caring and loving global family member that, I hate to admit ti, but I am crying right now, becasue of your great post and how much you think of everyone here. LOVE IT AND YOU!!!!!! Again THANK YOU!:hug:

Thank you for the incredibly awesome compliment! Have a great weekend!

Reactions: Deleted member 1465 and Deleted member 4993
A Retarded Demon

A Retarded Demon

Gib Pancakes Plz
Jul 9, 2020
I think someone trying to push another over the edge is purely down to feeling better about themselves and a sense of power over that individual.

Reactions: puppy9, cowbain, Nelos and 1 other person
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
I think someone trying to push another over the edge is purely down to feeling better about themselves and a sense of power over that individual.
I agree although I haven't seen that happen.

Reactions: puppy9 and Chupacabra 44
Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

Sep 13, 2020

Interesting perspective. Thank you for sharing.

Nelos

Nelos

Jan 5, 2020
Sometimes though, it is not to tear others down but to try and offer valid criticism, there are some people though who like seeing others fall down though and its quite sad to see.

Reactions: puppy9 and Chupacabra 44
B

benjamind2020

Sep 18, 2020
For what it's worth, I got flamed for this...in the form of lots of downvotes on the /r/australia subreddit when I made a post about how my sudden hearing loss should have been treated - it was about the ambulance but anyway my hearing came back or I'd be under a bunch of flowers today.

mpnf

mpnf

Mental anguish..no more please.
Oct 3, 2019
What about if instead of a "he", was it a "she" who posted "I need new male friends" . Would that thread got that much hate? I doubt it. And I don't defend him nor judge him.

Maybe his words were out of context but if it really got that much out of hand regarding to responses to the OP, just try to see it from the female perspective and probably most won't see any harm on it ...Just a girl that looks for male affection and would like to experience what's like having a friend that who knows , might become a partner or not. But wants to know what it feels like.

I've been sexually abused by a man once in the past and it wasn't the best experience at all (obviously) just so you know I'm not on the men side, cause I'm neutral. But to let someone down just by a post that as far as we know didn't get anyone hurt , just for speaking his mind on his feelings and not actually knowing the intention it was written for, or what circumstances are behind that, just sounds to me like when someone complain about the outside world and post something to get usually good feedback and what they encounter is actually a counterattack.

If this place is somewhere to let out our deeper feelings, that applies to all members, not just some that consider what's good or bad. For that you have the mods.

It's my opinion, don't want to get into any debate.

Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
What about if instead of a "he", was it a "she" who posted "I need new male friends" . Would that thread got that much hate? I doubt it. And I don't defend him nor judge him.

Maybe his words were out of context but if it really got that much out of hand regarding to responses to the OP, just try to see it from the female perspective and probably most won't see any harm on it ...Just a girl that looks for male affection and would like to experience what's like having a friend that who knows , might become a partner or not. But wants to know what it feels like.

I've been sexually abused by a man once in the past and it wasn't the best experience at all (obviously) just so you know I'm not on the men side, cause I'm neutral. But to let someone down just by a post that as far as we know didn't get anyone hurt , just for speaking his mind on his feelings and not actually knowing the intention it was written for, or what circumstances are behind that, just sounds to me like when someone complain about the outside world and post something to get usually good feedback and what they encounter is actually a counterattack.

If this place is somewhere to let out our deeper feelings, that applies to all members, not just some that consider what's good or bad. For that you have the mods.

It's my opinion, don't want to get into any debate.

It wasn't about if it was a 'he' or 'she'. it was about the way they were going about things.....the wrong way. there were examples of them asking for all the female nurses emails and a therapist number. there was other stuff i'm not searching the threads now!

its just not what your average person does or goes about it in the way they did, because people don't take likely to it. by your average person i mean, people that know whats right and wrong

you are fully entitled to have your own opinion though, im just giving view on what i think most others are thinking and why they reacted

mpnf

mpnf

Mental anguish..no more please.
Oct 3, 2019
It wasn't about if it was a 'he' or 'she'. it was about the way they were going about things.....the wrong way. there were examples of them asking for all the female nurses emails and a therapist number. there was other stuff i'm not searching the threads now!

its just not what your average person does or goes about it in the way they did, because people don't take likely to it. by your average person i mean, people that know whats right and wrong

you are fully entitled to have your own opinion though, im just giving view on what i think most others are thinking and why they reacted
I agree with you somehow.
But the thing is some people here don't need to be harsh to anyone cause probably the OP has his own internal conflicts that make him react/act that way.

All the time advertising we are not here to judge, but some don't stop pointing the finger.
If you feel the Op post was inappropriate, hit the report button or whatever is it or even better, just ignore the thread and don't add more fuel to the situation.

Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
I agree with you somehow.
But the thing is some people here don't need to be harsh to anyone cause probably the OP has his own internal conflicts that make him react/act that way.

All the time advertising we are not here to judge, but some don't stop pointing the finger.
If you feel the Op post was inappropriate, hit the report button or whatever is it or even better, just ignore the thread and don't add more fuel to the situation.

I can't say what i really feel about it, to explain why i personally didn't just ignore as i would be brutal. so i will restrain myself!!!

I cant explain what i think as i don't want to flame the situation.I also can't be certain i am right,i'm not saying anything i have said is 'right' its just my opinion.I have said this before...if people post things and people don't like it they might voice their opinion, the problem is some/most have issues,feel low and depressed. now im not saying that it is right whatsoever, but it can be pretty inevetable its going 'get some peoples backs up'.

I personally don't do things like report etc, it's just not how i am. I'm saying people shouldn't...its just not me personally.

I agree with what your saying though, you don't want everyone biting everyones head off, i think for the most part that doesn't happen.nobodys perfect, especially us lot lol

Reactions: Spitfire
Shades of Grey

Shades of Grey

Student
Jun 17, 2020
While I'm not into piling on, the threads in question were discussing predatory behavior and a level of disregard for the personal boundaries of others that has the capacity to do very real harm. I believe that we have a responsibility to speak up when we see that happening... both to support those that have been (or may be) wronged, and to create opportunities for self-reflection and potentially development of some understanding why a particular behavior is harmful/inappropriate. (IME, these behaviors are more often born out of social deficits and ignorance than malice.)

I have always made a point of being kind to others (or at least trying to), and over the years, this has gotten me in trouble with many lonely men who see that behavior as evocative of interest that isn't there. I am a borderline asexual lesbian. Never in my life have I ever been even remotely interested in anything more than friendship with a man... nor have I ever, under any circumstances, attempted to lead one on.

But I can't tell you how many of them have read something that absolutely was not there into my kindness or professionalism... and how many have felt entitled to things I cannot and will not offer them. I am not an object or something to be acquired. I do not exist to fill someone else's voids. Persistence in the face of a clear "no" is creepy, uncomfortable, and in some cases outright threatening. No means fucking no. It is not an invitation to try harder. Ignorance of social norms/cues does not entitle us to harm others... it's an explanation, not an excuse.

I have to wonder how many of those dissenting voices were women who have had experiences similar to mine.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, WinterFaust, Deleted member 19654 and 4 others
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
What about if instead of a "he", was it a "she" who posted "I need new male friends" . Would that thread got that much hate? I doubt it.

I think it would have. Personally, I would have spoken up and called it creepy.

In the past I've seen males complain about ostensibly female members with attractive avatars posting in the Partners Megathread, so females aren't the only ones who get targeted on this site, males can be vulnerable to things like catfishing. I actually wonder if that happens and doesn't get called out like male predation aimed at females does.

Reactions: Deleted member 1465, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga, Deleted member 19654 and 3 others
C

checkouttime

Visionary
Jul 15, 2020
I think it would have. Personally, I would have spoken up and called it creepy.

In the past I've seen males complain about ostensibly female members with attractive avatars posting in the Partners Megathread, so females aren't the only ones who get targeted on this site, males can be vulnerable to things like catfishing. I actually wonder if that happens and doesn't get called out like male predation aimed at females does.

If the predatory thing happens to a man,,they are more likely to keep quiet about it, for fear of being seen as'weak' (which they are not). men don't seem to complain about harassment / unwanted attention etc from women. whereas some women (which is perfectly ok and they should do) 'complain' about these things, i feel complain is the wrong word, just can't think of the right one!!

Reactions: Deleted member 1465 and whywere
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
Perhaps we should consider following the suggestion someone came up with in chat with me - to page the mods if something like this happens next time? It seems like a great recommendation. Might lead to much less heartache.
This is the safest thing and I believe it's what the mods favour. When you see something you consider reportable, report it and let them decide. Respectful arguments can be productive, but flamewars never end well and if no one reports anything questionable it can go on un noticed. It's up to the mods to decide what is against the rules.

I can't comment further than general principles because I didn't read the threads being referred to, so apologies for not understanding specifics here.

Reactions: whywere
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
But I can't tell you how many of them have read something that absolutely was not there into my kindness or professionalism... and how many have felt entitled to things I cannot and will not offer them.

I have to wonder how many of those dissenting voices were women who have had experiences similar to mine.
I have had a lifetime of men misinterpreting my friendliness or kindness as wanting sex with them or "leading them on".
And boy do some get mad when they don't get it!

There is another type that when having some mundane chat with them injects suddenly some irrelevant mention of their wife. They look at me pointedly as if they are saying "I know you want me but I'm taken". Why do some men have the idea women take one look at them and want to have sex with them? It must be because I am actually talking to them in a friendly way. Maybe I should try to modify it to sound more guarded? I don't know.

Last edited:
Reactions: DyingAlf, Worthless_nobody and mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
I have had a lifetime of men misinterpreting my friendliness or kindness as wanting sex with them or "leading them on".
And boy do some get mad when they don't get it!
When I was young and arrogant (instead of old and arrogant :blarg:) I confess that I tended to interpret all flirtation or even friendliness as potential sexual interest. It took experience to understand otherwise and when I did, things actually became much easier and more genuine.

Reactions: Meditation guide, checkouttime and mahakaliSS_MahaDurga
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Jun 22, 2020
When I was young and arrogant (instead of old and arrogant :blarg:) I confess that I tended to interpret all flirtation or even friendliness as potential sexual interest.
My life would have been much easier if I could have not talked to any men in a nice way and instead not responded or made eye contact with them. What is going on that men can't even talk to a girl without thinking she wants sex?

D

Deleted member 1465

_
Jul 31, 2018
My life would have been much easier if I could have not talked to any men in a nice way and instead not responded or made eye contact with them. What is going on that men can't even talk to a girl without thinking she wants sex?
I don't know. Youth? Hormones? Ignorance? I wasn't quite that bad that I expected sex, but it was experience, and talking to women as friends that helped me understand. It probably helped that my best friend was a married woman who I was attracted to. We worked together and had a flirtatious dynamic which was utterly innocent. It was actually one of the best relationships I ever had, probably because she was happily married.
And I'm sorry you had that experience. Some men are slugs and do not learn, but I promise we are not all like that.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Meditation guide