• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

E

EternalHappiness

Jul 13, 2024
What do you mean by this? I've been diagnosed with BPD by my psychiatrist; do you think I should continue my medication or not?

Honestly, I don't feel any positive effects from my medication at all.
What class of medication? Almost every class of psych med comes with significant iatrogenic risk. For example, SSRI's left me with neuropathy, ME/CFS (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome), POTS (Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome), and PSSD (Post SSRI Sexual Dysfunction). I can't believe I thought I was suffering before. I am now disabled, entirely unable to work, unable to sustain romantic relationships due to PSSD - my life is completely empty, and there is no effective treatment/cure. The only reason I'm on this forum looking to CTB is because of SSRIs that I discontinued 6 years ago. They can cause severe and lasting damage in a portion of the patient population. Beyond SSRIs, benzodiazepines, tricyclic antidepressants, antipsychotics all come with significant risk of intractable damage post-discontinuation.
Be careful.

• Hugs
Reactions: Jarni and davidtorez
A

Artemisia

Experienced
May 24, 2024
Different values. Just because you consider a life to be a good life, doesn't mean the other person shares your values. Me, I've never been married or have kids (I'm 49 yo), I have no other family either,some people certainly considered it a sad life and wouldn't be surprised if I offed myself. But I was happy that way, because independence and the ability to take care of myself and live life on my terms was what mattered to me. Now, due to health issues that's coming to an end. Sure I could go to a nursing home and be taken care of for who knows how long, but I won't. Some people love being taken care of, me, even if I can afford it, prefer putting an end to my suffering.

• Hugs
Reactions: Jarni, davidtorez and todiefor
todiefor

todiefor

I hope I made some +ve difference in ppl’s lives
Jun 24, 2023
Because depression and other mental health disorders are mental health disorders, it isn't always circumstance based. For example, you can be the richest and prettiest person in the world and still have depression or cptsd or another mental health disorder that you have been unable to manage or recover from and you want to kill yourself because living is torturous.

Otherwise, as everyone else has said, perspective on life and one's self, and thought processes and feelings can be quite different for everyone, depending on their experience and surroundings.

It's really a very complicated and personal thing that requires case by case approach, it is a lot more complicated than being short or ugly. I personally for example don't really see being short and ugly as really a problem as I see it as something superficial and irrelevant, many people who are short and ugly have happy lives, but I'm sure you don't see it that way. For me I have money I've been successful all my life and I'm not short or ugly but I have other problems in my life, I'm sure many equally might look at my life and wonder why I might feel bad at all about it.

Last edited:
Reactions: davidtorez and Artemisia
C

catnowmeowmeow

Jul 16, 2024
I think a good life is relative you can have all the money and things going for you but if you don't have any connections or anyone to live for what is the point?
When you have the good life and realize it's not going to fix your problems that's when ctb looks like a good idea. Sometimes a lot of people thinking making more money, being more attractive etc can solve their issues but when the issue is your brain you realize very quickly that nothing will help, for example I realize that no matter what I do right now things feel numb. I could be eating my favorite meals, go travelling to anywhere but nothing solves the emptiness you have inside.

Last edited: