V

voudebase

Jul 6, 2024
I believe that a healthy life is good, a sick life is bad. Before I got sick I loved living, I had money, women, friends, travel, youth, a good job, a good house, I loved and was loved by everyone around me. I would never want to die if it weren't for the illness I have.

I don't think the afterlife is bad in itself, after all, dead people don't suffer or feel pain. the problem is the process of arriving at death, suffering before dying.

• Hugs
Reactions: Circles and kinderbueno
mythofsisyphus

mythofsisyphus

Jul 6, 2024
it's just a rational pros and cons analysis. the bad things outweigh the good. every human is under threat of extreme torture . there is no guarantee something horrible won't happen to anyone any day. these points and others show life is bad. Ask yourself why these things are not discussed or mentioned?
All this i wrote shows life is bad not good like the society / culture tells us.

I don't think a 'rational' pros/cons analysis is possible when it comes to a topic like this. Every single experience in life is filtered through our perspective, there is no absolute truth, no absolute good or bad. What one person experiences as life-destroying torture (e.g. a chronic disease) could be a more minor inconvenience and change in life plan for someone else. This also goes for good things - what could make one person's life amazing and worthy of enduring pain (e.g. love) could be perceived by another person as a 'stupid addiction'.

All we can do is make our own pros/cons analysis - but it's not possible to make blanket analyses of the 'goodness/badness' of life that are universal and apply to everyone.

You can't deny that for other people, there is the potential for them to experience things they feel are amazing and worthy of enduring potential suffering for, even if you don't personally agree these things justify this. And for these people, life definitely can be good just as society says it is. It's just not that way for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Circles
BecomingTired

BecomingTired

Lov3rBoy<3
Feb 23, 2024
I honestly thought that the only people who saw death as a bad thing were non suicidal normies but, lately, I've been noticing more and more posts of people here who also imply that death are bad. I get this impression because I'm seeing posts by people who are saying things like "I need/want to die" whilst self loathing. They are self loathing when they say that they need/want to die which gives me the impression that they see death as a way to punish themselves for the benefit of the world (which is also something I don't understand the logic of but that's another topic entirely).

In my case, I also say that "I need/want to die" but, when I say it, I don't say it out of self loathing but actually out of love for myself. I think that death is just permanent non existence and I think that this is what I deserve because it's impossible to suffer whilst being dead and I deserve to be in a state where I don't suffer. This world doesn't deserve me and my labor. Instead, I deserve to not suffer since I never even consented into existence in the first place. I deserve to be at permanent rest.

So then, why do some people here see death as a bad thing? I see dying as bad due to the risks involved in a suicide attempt but death itself is peaceful and blissful and the people who self loathe focus on the latter anyway
I don't see death as good, or bad. It's just a means to an end, and I can't even be sure anymore what's beyond death; I'll only ever get to know once I'm dead.

Reactions: Circles
justanotherdaynow

justanotherdaynow

tryin to find a way off this planet
Jul 25, 2024
I honestly thought that the only people who saw death as a bad thing were non suicidal normies but, lately, I've been noticing more and more posts of people here who also imply that death are bad. I get this impression because I'm seeing posts by people who are saying things like "I need/want to die" whilst self loathing. They are self loathing when they say that they need/want to die which gives me the impression that they see death as a way to punish themselves for the benefit of the world (which is also something I don't understand the logic of but that's another topic entirely).

In my case, I also say that "I need/want to die" but, when I say it, I don't say it out of self loathing but actually out of love for myself. I think that death is just permanent non existence and I think that this is what I deserve because it's impossible to suffer whilst being dead and I deserve to be in a state where I don't suffer. This world doesn't deserve me and my labor. Instead, I deserve to not suffer since I never even consented into existence in the first place. I deserve to be at permanent rest.

So then, why do some people here see death as a bad thing? I see dying as bad due to the risks involved in a suicide attempt but death itself is peaceful and blissful and the people who self loathe focus on the latter anyway
I agree wholeheartedly with this and I wish more people saw it this way.

I think everyone deserves a peaceful death. The fact that is normalized to deny people of that and drag out suffering needlessly is beyond cruel. I'll never understand why people can't see that.

• Love
Reactions: Circles, WearyWanderer, sserafim and 1 other person
Circles

Circles

There's a difference between existing and living.
Sep 3, 2018
I feel the west has almost made death as much like Voldemort from Harry Potter where you can't even mention it without it becoming a sensitive subject let alone discuss the different opinions regarding it. It's all hush-hush. It's almost hidden from view as much as possible. There's cultures who see death in such different ways it's fascinating how some can see it as a celebratory thing while others like here in the west see it as a depressing reality.

Reactions: WhatPowerIs, WearyWanderer, sserafim and 1 other person