I

iwantdeath6969

Oct 17, 2022
i don't see why it's always considered so bad, and why people always try to talk you out of it as if it's always better to stay alive. for me, suicide is me preventing an entire life of more suffering. when people have told me not to do it, all i can hear is "i want you to keep enduring this miserable existence so that i won't feel sad for a little while". there isn't a chance for me to get better because even if it was possible for me to live an even slightly more tolerable existence, i just don't allow myself to.

i am completely confined by what i do and don't allow myself to do, and i rarely choose anything for myself that isn't pain. if i don't listen to what i've told myself, i can't stop myself from beating myself until i can't feel anymore. even just slightly wondering if i should allow myself a shred of enjoyment makes me beat myself really bad. i feel like i'm in an abusive relationship with myself and i can'tescape because the part of me that has power over the other part of me really really enjoys not only the feeling of power, but getting to take everything out on myself as often as i want. and the part of me that is being controlled knows that this is what i deserve, so there's no way for me to change my mind. i can't stop wanting to hurt myself, and i can't exactly tell myself that i don't deserve the pain anymore because i know it isn't true.

i don't have any kind of alters or anything, it's me in both cases. i'm so sick of having to live with myself. when i finally kill myself, it's going to feel so good. i'll finally get to hurt myself as brutally as humanly possible until i die from it, and i'm also going to finally get revenge on the part of myself that has been hurting me so bad. in both cases, it just feels like i'm finally going to be overcoming my worst enemy.

i just think that in my case, it's a pretty clear positive for me to kill myself. the idea that suicide is 100% of the time something that you shouldn't do and always a bad thing makes no sense to me. death is going to be the only real peace i get in years.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: ChronicallyCynical, pthnrdnojvsc, The anhedonic one and 7 others
hellispink

hellispink

poisonous
May 26, 2022
Most people are scared of death. They don't wanna die. They terrified and filled with their own ego. Humans do whatever not to die. So when someone decides for themselves or they want death to come, most feel like why is this person not shitting about death like i do. Profilers are coward they live in a bubble and accept and conform with whatever shit happens, and thats fine but they cant force those who dont wanna be fake like them living in a fake movie

• Love
Reactions: ChronicallyCynical, Deathisbetter, loopdaloop and 3 others
I

iwantdeath6969

Oct 17, 2022
Most people are scared of death. They don't wanna die. They terrified and filled with their own ego. Humans do whatever not to die. So when someone decides for themselves or they want death to come, most feel like why is this person not shitting about death like i do. Profilers are coward they live in a bubble and accept and conform with whatever shit happens, and thats fine but they cant force those who dont wanna be fake like them living in a fake movie
yeah i guess that's fair. i guessmost people have fears that scare them because ultimately, they're afraid to die. to them, that is the absolute worst possible outcome in any situation. maybe i've just been feeling like this for so long that i kinda forgot that most people actively do anything they can to prevent death

Reactions: The anhedonic one
L

leavingsoon99

I'm at peace... Finally.
Mar 16, 2023
Humans fear death and are also self-important. To see someone look at all there is... all that is life... and say "no thanks" is some kind of insult to them. People see life as being some type of gift that was given, whether by some kind of god or, simply, parents. Therefore, there's some type of obligation to live it out. There's also the element of misguided altruism. The fact that people will step over someone sleeping on the sidewalk to walk into Starbucks, yet prevent that same person from self-terminating is indicative of a value system out of kilter with reason. Life-warriors attach a certain value to life and want to impose that same value onto others, regardless of whether or not they feel the same way.

Hope is a cruel thing to give someone.

• Love
Reactions: ChronicallyCynical, pthnrdnojvsc, The anhedonic one and 4 others
Watlock

Watlock

I just assume everyone hates me.
Jun 8, 2023
Humans fear death and are also self-important. To see someone look at all there is... all that is life... and say "no thanks" is some kind of insult to them. People see life as being some type of gift that was given, whether by some kind of god or, simply, parents. Therefore, there's some type of obligation to live it out. There's also the element of misguided altruism. The fact that people will step over someone sleeping on the sidewalk to walk into Starbucks, yet prevent that same person from self-terminating is indicative of a value system out of kilter with reason. Life-warriors attach a certain value to life and want to impose that same value onto others, regardless of whether or not they feel the same way.

Hope is a cruel thing to give someone.
This is all too true. People protesting for "rights" all goddamn day but if you tell someone you want to end your own life because you're suffering greatly, you're thrown into a psychiatric ward that is similar to prison in A LOT of ways. Making you even more miserable and suicidal. Ending it on our own terms feels like a bodily right such as abortion, getting tattoos/piercings, or having procedures performed on us. I get that it's a little more serious than those things I've listed but keeping suffering people on this planet just because you'll "miss" them is fucked.

• Love
Reactions: ChronicallyCynical, pthnrdnojvsc, The anhedonic one and 3 others
leftdreaming

leftdreaming

I should’ve been a house cat
Apr 28, 2023
My gut response is to say "selfishness" but you could argue the same for us and I'm sure many of us are aware there's more to our decisions than selfish desire.

Like us, those who lose loved ones endure great pain. I don't want to be on this earth because I'll forever be in pain, and they don't want us the leave the earth because they may forever be in pain (or so they say, I wouldn't know).

Perhaps this is a controversial take, and I'm willing to hear other opinions, but I feel the resistance to suicide is in essence the same thing that draws people to committing suicide. Both sides can be argued as selfishness and/or escape from what hurts them in a lot of cases.

Of course, I'm applying my own experiences to this and different reasons to ctb probably do not apply here, not that anti-suicide preachers would know that. The suicidal are all one big "sad person I need to save" umbrella to them.

Last edited:
Reactions: The anhedonic one and iwantdeath6969
cami

cami

the lonely
May 27, 2023
i think if someone has gone through the below three actions for at least one year they have a right to pass on:
- therapy
- medication
- telling a mental health professional how they really feel
i find it catastrophic when somebody dies without trying those three, because for so many they are life-saving. but for the few that endure and find no relief then yes i do think it is within your right to ctb.

Reactions: The anhedonic one
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Because the fact is that so many people are blinded by delusions, they lack awareness and don't wish to accept that wanting suicide is perfectly logical. It's absurd to be anti-suicide as we are destined for nothing but to die anyway, we are only waiting to cease existing and suicide is the way to prevent unnecessary suffering.

But anyway no matter what other people say none of us are obligated to continue existing as after all existence in the first place is just an meaningless and tragic consequence of other people so selfishly deciding to procreate, none of us should have to stay here just because other people value this futile and dreadful existence. I view it as always being preferable to cease existing, as non-existence is the most ideal state, free from all harm and suffering, it's true peace from the terrible burden that is existence.

The anhedonic one

The anhedonic one

Dead inside
May 20, 2023
Because of stupid religious or government brainwashing.
Or because it is deemed socially unacceptable by the normies and pro-lifers so everyone follows the same train of thought as everyone else.
Or because none of them have actually walked in the shoes of a mentally ill, suicidal person before.

Reactions: ChronicallyCynical and pthnrdnojvsc
SilentSadness

SilentSadness

Sitting in the darkness.
Feb 28, 2023
As people are scared of death, anyone who isn't just as scared is to be dismissed as mentally ill. The only correct way to live to them is in constant fear of death because it's the worst thing that could possibly happen, for no reason other than because it is. I believe that most people are extremely hostile to different viewpoints, no matter how ridiculous theirs is. Of course, suicide could never be an objectively bad thing because to suggest so is supporting slavery.

Reactions: ChronicallyCynical, The anhedonic one and pthnrdnojvsc
D

DurkheimsCat

May 27, 2023
I've had a few friends say, well don't kill yourself because then I'll be sad and my reaction is like, wow well I'm miserable all the time and I can't possibly stick around so that you won't be sad for a little bit. Also I'm hurting them by being withdrawn anyway so what's the point?

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Because it hurts them. Even if they don't know you personally- they are maybe more likely to empathise with your family and loved ones losing you- rather than how unhappy and desperate you must be to be feeling this way.

Plus- I think some of them truly believe that EVERYONE can turn their life around. Even if they don't believe that- they probably subscribe to the obligation to try- no matter what. Some people just seem to feel this huge obligation to keep living and they think everyone else should as well I suppose.

Reactions: ChronicallyCynical and The anhedonic one