• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

sserafim

sserafim

消えたい
Sep 13, 2023
Once I watched this TV programme about these poor people in China who had to find work in a city away from their hometown. They had to work in grueling conditions just to put food on the table for their families. I remember that I asked my mom "why don't they just ctb? Why do they toil away in such awful circumstances?" She stared at me in shock for even thinking that.

Last edited:
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I assume nobody forces them to do this? I would prefer to CTB instead of working under such conditions. Maybe for them it's normal? They have families and children, good parents do everything for their children.

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

The drip finally stops
Oct 21, 2023
Not everyone wants to die, even those in horrible situations. A lot of people like to hold out hope that things will get better at some. They also have famillies and friends to take care of so they can't ctb without the risk of causing more suffering to those who rely on them. Ctbing is also really hard to do when you don't have access to safe and legal methods.

Proteus

Proteus

Oceanic Member
Feb 6, 2024
Because the pain of being suicidal is worse? I'm surprised how many times it's been said, and people keeps asking. Dying is hard, painful and makes you go through a battle against guilt, extreme depression, survival panic...

H

hadenough58

Mar 7, 2024
Once I watched this TV programme about these poor people in China who had to find work in a city away from their hometown. They had to work in grueling conditions just to put food on the table for their families. I remember that I asked my mom "why don't they just ctb? Why do they toil away in such awful circumstances?" She stared at me in shock for even thinking that
Family, responsibility's but mainly a culture that that raises them to believe this is the life that they were destine for?
It may seem a little insane to us as we generally believe it is all about quality of life even if we all judge what that means differently?

sserafim

sserafim

消えたい
Sep 13, 2023
I think normal people enjoy life and CTB doesn't even come in as an option.
They enjoy being wageslaves? I find that hard to believe. What enjoyment would you get out of that?
I guess they make do with what they have
I guess, but why don't they strive for something better? Personally, I only want the best of the best. Maybe that's just me lol

BlendedHeart

BlendedHeart

It is what it is
Mar 9, 2024
I said something similar to my mother. Every time a famous or rich person ctb, she asks "Why they do that? They have everything they want. What could have provoked that action?". I answered "By that logic, should poor people ctb, since they don't have anything, and realistically there is no way they will reach an acceptable level of living?".

She hasn't say that about rich people since.

U

uzuf86

Too many mistakes and regrets
Jan 1, 2024
It is generally the "purpose" that keeps people alive, no matter how hard their life is. You mentioned they go through the most grueling conditions to put food on the table
for their families. The reward part is what they want to keep going, and the entire hope there is to just see their family grow and flourish. It's all a part of giving the next generations a better life.

sserafim

sserafim

消えたい
Sep 13, 2023
Religion, supersticiousness (I hope that's a word in english), fear, hope, lack of means etc.
These people aren't religious or superstitious though (I don't think).
It is generally the "purpose" that keeps people alive, no matter how hard their life is. You mentioned they go through the most grueling conditions to put food on the table
for their families. The reward part is what they want to keep going, and the entire hope there is to just see their family grow and flourish. It's all a part of giving the next generations a better life.
Why do they even create families or next generations though? What reward do you get out of having one or seeing it grow and flourish?

Last edited:
U

uzuf86

Too many mistakes and regrets
Jan 1, 2024
Good question. Although I do not have a 100% valid answer, I would say it's most probably to "create" a purpose for their life so they can work harder and make sure they achieve success in terms of their life goals. No matter what things may suggest, humans are not automatically born to ctb but to try and do the best they can in their lives.

Last edited:
S

Scythe

Lost in a delusion
Sep 5, 2022
I suppose it's just their families and Chinese society propoganda. There's a lot of brainwashing done in China of serving the community, work together to become better and stuff like that. It gives people a purpose, one that doesn't benefit the individual much but a purpose nonetheless. So they keep going. That and they want to feed their families.
Suppose it's also just conformity, everyone's doing it so they go with the flow, that's just how humans work and the same reason why captialism still stand. If ppl weren't so content with going with the flow we'd had a big revolution in places America by now.
And there are a bunch of companies and factories in China known for their suicide rates.

sserafim

sserafim

消えたい
Sep 13, 2023
I suppose it's just their families and Chinese society propoganda. There's a lot of brainwashing done in China of serving the community, work together to become better and stuff like that. It gives people a purpose, one that doesn't benefit the individual much but a purpose nonetheless. So they keep going. That and they want to feed their families.
Suppose it's also just conformity, everyone's doing it so they go with the flow, that's just how humans work and the same reason why captialism still stand. If ppl weren't so content with going with the flow we'd had a big revolution in places America by now.
And there are a bunch of companies and factories in China known for their suicide rates.
Why do people conform and do what everyone else does? Why do they go with the flow? I have a need to defy, rebel and be unique. I would hate to be like everyone else.

Last edited:
darkenmydoorstep

darkenmydoorstep

Not Waving But Browned Off….
Sep 27, 2023
Once I watched this TV programme about these poor people in China who had to find work in a city away from their hometown. They had to work in grueling conditions just to put food on the table for their families. I remember that I asked my mom "why don't they just ctb? Why do they toil away in such awful circumstances?" She stared at me in shock for even thinking that
I think that life without such toil is bad enough. For me that's reason enough. It's completely pointless.

Last edited:
sserafim

sserafim

消えたい
Sep 13, 2023
I think that about life without such toil is bad enough. For me that's reason enough. It's completely pointless.
Literally. I believe that life itself is meaningless and pointless. Nothing you do will matter anyways. I don't know why we were all born. Probably just to suffer. The thing I hate is that there's no reason for all of this.

darkenmydoorstep

darkenmydoorstep

Not Waving But Browned Off….
Sep 27, 2023
I feel like a wasp in a jar with it. Get so frustrated that I lack the confidence and know how to successfully do myself in. So I I go crazy with it til eventually I stop fighting, climb a little in mood but then just reach that point of 'why bother? for what?' again and it starts once more.
I am not vain enough to care about accomplishments. I have no desire to leave behind a legacy or anything. I just want peace. It's all so exhausting.

E

Erick

Student
Jan 18, 2024
Once I watched this TV programme about these poor people in China who had to find work in a city away from their hometown. They had to work in grueling conditions just to put food on the table for their families. I remember that I asked my mom "why don't they just ctb? Why do they toil away in such awful circumstances?" She stared at me in shock for even thinking that.
I used to work with a guy who lives in a favela, he has always been ugly and poor, but he was always happy and making friends, telling jokes and so on.
I've known a lot of people like him in my country (Brazil), and they are all poor. I also don't understand how they can be so happy living under those circumstances.
I have seen rich people way less happy than them.

S

Scythe

Lost in a delusion
Sep 5, 2022
Why do people conform and do what everyone else does? Why do they go with the flow? I have a need to defy, rebel and be unique. I would hate to be like everyone else.
I suppose it's easier to drift along the river rather than try to swim against it. Out of the people I know, the one who conform are the ones on their way to recover and have been successful at recovering. It's a fake it till you make it and a lie told a thousand times becomes the truth suituation. Sure not gonna work out for everyone to be lying to themselves. But ignorance is bliss, if they go with the flow they can be less aware of their suffering.
I also see more reason to rebel and run away, living a life in this current society is no life at all. Better be dead than slaving away at some shit job with no way to earn my living the way I want.