• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Student
Apr 15, 2024
All kinds of areas in my city as well as objects remind me of happy memories with my ex-wife and before I ever had depression. But reminiscing about those "happy" memories HURT... to the point I wish I get some kind of brain damage with amnesia. But I'm sure real amnesia is painful as well. It seems like EVERYTHING just has to be painful in my life. It's driving me NUTS!!!

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
Because of nostalgia

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Memories are influenced by our current emotions relative to our emotions experienced during the time the memory took place. Because of this, the same memory can be interpreted in different ways. For example, somebody could have been miserable during childhood but, as soon as they reach adulthood, they think that their childhood is good because of how adulthood is significantly worse in comparison

Reactions: sserafim
Mirrory Me

Mirrory Me

Life is a mirror, but "whose" mirror?
Mar 23, 2023
Yeah, I guess you're feeling a little lonely. Do you have another support network, with whom you could spend time with?

Bells

Bells

Formerly known as TheVampireQueen.
Oct 15, 2023
I really relate. The feeling of nostalgia and old memories are usually super bittersweet for me. I know rationally that I was even suffering back then, that back then I wanted nothing more than time to move forward. Now I think about specific moments and memories through a rose-tilted lens and feel happy that they happened but also so bitter and depressed that I can't go back to those moments. I think memories can truly be a curse and a blessing. Some people think that those memories are gone after things change but I mean, they go with you through your existence and are a part of you. Though even after saying all this, I think it's honestly too painful to remember specific memories sometimes. I don't think it's ever a good idea to try to forget your painful memories but to accept that they happened instead and that they are real. I don't know if one can truly move past them but it surely does help to accept them as a part of you.

• Hugs
Reactions: soulkitty
xoirse

xoirse

caffeine overdose
Feb 15, 2024
nostalgia can be a very hurtful thing whenever you're in a miserable state and thinking about it. it brings comfort to some people but others tend to focus on the fact that they took that time for granted and will never feel the same way again, seeing as their situation now is much worse, regretted not doing the most yet still grateful to be able to able experience something that they'll hold on to in their life for comfort in the midst of bleak hopelessness.

• Love
Reactions: soulkitty