• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

UserHussein

UserHussein

Oct 14, 2023
I have scars on my arm from the time I tried to kill myself with a razor blade in High School due to poor academic performance, caused by the COVID lockdown and the isolation which ensued.

broth0100

broth0100

i’m not in the tide i be under it, Jaws
Oct 23, 2023
Cuz i was depressed n lonely n hated myself and i wanted other ppl to kno this without me having to tell them. I dont show my scars or cuts for no reason anymore tho

throneofdispair03

throneofdispair03

is a mistake
Jan 10, 2024
I felt like i deserved it, but then it kinda turned into a habit. I've stopped cause my parents check my body every while or so.

• Hugs
Reactions: heysunshine
SillyGirl>_<

SillyGirl>_<

dedgrl
Feb 16, 2024
I got a intrusive thought to cut myself after one of the times I got kicked out, I let the thought win and it felt so good; like a mix of adrenaline, excitement and it calmed me and turned me on a lot.

sorlox

sorlox

preparations...
Dec 1, 2023
I was frustrated and i wanted to kms. first cuts were just me checking the "ground". After that i started to enjoy it, cutting myself was strangely delightful with that mix of fear and relief. When my hand started to look like a bloodshed, i stopped to prevent suspicions.
Now i'm doing it as a self-punishment (with caution though).

psp3000

psp3000

I want to quit.
May 20, 2023
I do not like crying so I think I did it because it was the only thing to stop or prevent crying

also I think it has something to do with me going from nail biting -> skin picking -> hair plucking so when those stopped working for me as distractions from whatever was happening in my mind or stress or the things around me

I tried cutting just to see what it was like and if it would work after receiving a box cutter during one of the worst months of my life in a kit on one of birthdays

although in the past before that particular birthday I have tried before but it wasn't effective due to the tools that were available (eyebrow razors)

I have been doing it for about 3-5 years on and off and no one in my real life knows or has seen my scars

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

The drip finally stops
Oct 21, 2023
My mom couldn't find her keys one morning and she was running late for school (she was in college at the time). She blamed me for it and threatened me if I didn't find them before she came home (I don't exactly remember was the threat was, but it was probably something I've heard before). I ended up panicking and spent the entire morning turning the apartment upside down trying to look for them. I eventually got so stressed out that I walked into the kitchen, took a knife, and started cutting myself along my wrist. I was being a bit overdramatic at the time, now looking back at it as an adult, but in all fairness I was around 12 when this happened.

Since then, I've mainly been usung cutting as a form of stress relief and self punishment, along with other types of self-harm. I honestly find that it helps me with coping with my emotions a lot more in comparison to other coping methods that are usually promoted.

Malaria

Malaria

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead
Feb 24, 2024
I've technically been self harming since around nine or ten years old, except I would scratch/punch myself in the face. I liked the idea that I could hide my scars, so I started taking a pair of scissors and cut my arms, thighs, and breasts when I was 16.

As for why I self harm at all... I hate myself and feel like I deserve to be harmed. But also it feels like a "release" when my emotions are too painful and overwhelming. It feels like I'm giving a "form" to my pain, it feels like a way for me to express my pain in a way words wouldn't be able to.

Last edited:
LuvMeMusic

LuvMeMusic

Student
Jan 24, 2024
I don't think there is much of a reason. I just started and have been doing it since then.

pebpebpebpeb

pebpebpebpeb

i have no enemies
Apr 1, 2020
i was curious. curiosity killed the cat xP

cupcakesandmilk

cupcakesandmilk

??/??/20??
Oct 10, 2023
Ah, my reason for starting was kinda lame; it was a small episode of paranoia two years ago, prolly caused by intense stress, if I had to take a guess... Nowadays, I just cut myself for a bunch of generic reasons, sometimes for no reason at all.

Yuki_03

Yuki_03

I really can't take it
Aug 9, 2023
idk, it felt good. it was like a friend was cutting herself and i thought "oh. maybe thats a good idea to stop my suicidal ideations, shes here afterall" it wasnt. she was a edgy whore who liked showing off her scars. i was a dumb kid who didnt know what to do.

C

ConfusedClouds

Mar 9, 2024
Ironically the idea came about after seeing a BBC documentary when I was mega stressed at uni and I found it massively helped with distraction and easing frustrations. (How naive was I to have not thought about it myself)

But had to stop because was getting harder to hide the scars (mainly hips/legs). I sort of wanted someone to see and ask and check in with me and help somehow, but I would just freeze and lie and avoid as I'd not have the words to say. Still don't 10+ years later. So have to avoid obvious scars to avoid frustration at failing to communicate and thus causing more concern.

Now I tend to scratch or punch or burn/scald - stuff that can be brushed aside as incidental. Bit like an old banger car - so many bumps and scrapes that a few extra or new scabs/scars are hardly noticeable, as long as they're not obvious cut lines.

I also now find it helps me 'feel something' or bring me back when I am frozen or totally lost. Though been getting super on edge and frustrated again more recently and trying to avoid the urge for big cuts again. Dabbled in a few subtle smaller ones.

H

heysunshine

Feb 27, 2024
I was frustrated and i wanted to kms. first cuts were just me checking the "ground". After that i started to enjoy it, cutting myself was strangely delightful with that mix of fear and relief.
yeah this sounds a lot like my experience. I was around 11 or 12 when i first started. I felt frustrated, angry, anxious and depressed. I felt invisible and like I was constantly screaming at the top of my lungs, but I had no voice -- or not one that people would listen to. Like screaming into a void. I tried to be seen. My whole life i wanted to belong and participate. But I couldn't? I couldn't figure out how to make those connections, and instead of help, I was degraded and made fun of by my parents. I was chubby, and awkward, and liked different activities than other kids. I tried to escape reality through imagination and personal hobbies, but it just got me labeled as weird and socially awkward. I felt like I got to a point where I was so angry, alone, and in fantasy that I didn't feal real anymore. My family mocked me. I had no friends. I started scratching and hitting myself at first when i would get really upset, like almost to get back at them, or myself. As I got older, I tried cutting myself to see if maybe I could feel something more, or even better, die. It turned into relief and enjoyment; maybe even pleasure in a way. I look/ed forward it more than almost anything. I would fantasize about it. I thought my scars were so beautiful at first because they reminded me of that high. Then it turned to self-loathing and more anxiety as I tried to hide them. And that spiral just sort of continued to now. I'm sorry you felt such overwhelming numbness you sh. I wish things were different (better) for all of us. <3 i wish you the best

qu13t5l33p

qu13t5l33p

Jan 21, 2024
I was 16 and in a residential treatment center. Most of the other girls were cutting regularly, or had scars. I just wanted to fit in and started cutting. I wasn't expecting the emotional release it gave me. It felt so good.

• Love
Reactions: lixt
lixt

lixt

Entropy guides me until death reaches me.
Dec 14, 2023
I was 16 and in a residential treatment center. Most of the other girls were cutting regularly, or had scars. I just wanted to fit in and started cutting. I wasn't expecting the emotional release it gave me. It felt so good.
What's a treatment center? Is it like a psych ward?

dogbreath

dogbreath

i can fix him
Feb 13, 2023
Originally did it for attention. Was 12 and using tumblr and learned about self harm there. Did it cause it was the only way I could get love and attention from parents. Now I do it cause I think it's pretty and kind of a kink lol. But also cause it's kind of a way to test my strength and prove that I'm not weak.

Patat

Patat

no future, no cry
Sep 11, 2023
I don't really know. It just kinda came to me. I was cleaning my razor blade after shaving and then i thought: "Why not?"

qu13t5l33p

qu13t5l33p

Jan 21, 2024
What's a treatment center? Is it like a psych ward?
Kind of. Psych wards are designed to be short and temporary, where the patients somewhat stabilize and try new meds/ECT. Psych wards can refer patients to long term treatment centers. Some are locked, like a year long psych ward stay. Others are unlocked, and usually have off-site activities, like hikes or arcades etc. It just depends on what psychiatrists decide, and sometimes what insurance covers.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Naked Weapon

Naked Weapon

Watch another angel die
Jan 7, 2024
Because I hated my body and wanted to flay myself free. I knew that it wasn't realistic to expect death from what I was doing but it felt nice to see me damage the one thing that brought me so much pain.

Reactions: bugs_for_brains
lita-lassi

lita-lassi

let me spell it out for you: go to hell
Sep 25, 2023
i was stuck with an abuser and losing my mind. i was trying so hard to stay sober and was stuck in panic attacks constantly. his dog had just nearly killed my cat, the closest thing to a kid ill ever have ($6k surgery and a month long recovery after the er vet), i was literally stuck inside caring for her and losing my sanity entirely over how shitty i felt because of this asshole every second of every day. i was 29 and had never self harmed before in my life, i just snapped one day after he yelled again, grabbed an exacto knife and made a bunch of lines on my upper thigh. it didnt give me much release but the pain distracted me enough that i didnt want to relapse quite so hard. it didnt become a habit after only 2 sessions thankfully but ill still have these marks for the rest of my life

picklealex

picklealex

I hate it all, just let me die
Jun 24, 2023
What was the reason you started cutting? Mine was to feel something again.
I started just to "punish" myself, I was young when I started so my parents didn't think I was capable of doing that to myself (or even old enough to understand mental health etc) I had to stop, since I got every razor/sharp metal things taken away from me.

FujoshiNeet

FujoshiNeet

people call me unhinged
Jan 21, 2024
I have so much anger. No one deserves to feel my anger, so I turn it on to myself. The calmness after feels so addicting.

• Hugs
bugs_for_brains

bugs_for_brains

We can always regroup on the moon <3
Mar 4, 2024
Only recently started cutting. I've been a long time self harmer but until the past month or so I would just punch, slap and scratch myself. I started cutting bc I'm fed up and the previous methods aren't doing shit for me now. Bruises take to long to show, scratch marks fade too quick and I started feeling like its not "good enough". Plus I scratched myself really bad a while ago and I was obsessed with the mark it left (it's still there now but u wouldn't notice unless I pointed it out) and I accidentally made it bleed after it scabbed and the dark blood running down my skin ignited smth in me and I had a huge need to see myself bleed more.

tryingtoquietdown

tryingtoquietdown

it's too loud in my head
Mar 6, 2024
I started because I hated my body and wanted to punish myself. Then it became a mix of punishment, culling my emotional pain with physical pain, and wanting to physically prove to myself that my emotional pain was real. Nowadays I self-harm when I'm in an anxiety attack and can't calm down any other way.
Only recently started cutting. I've been a long time self harmer but until the past month or so I would just punch, slap and scratch myself. I started cutting bc I'm fed up and the previous methods aren't doing shit for me now. Bruises take to long to show, scratch marks fade too quick and I started feeling like its not "good enough". Plus I scratched myself really bad a while ago and I was obsessed with the mark it left (it's still there now but u wouldn't notice unless I pointed it out) and I accidentally made it bleed after it scabbed and the dark blood running down my skin ignited smth in me and I had a huge need to see myself bleed more.
My method of SH went from scratching to cutting for the exact same reason: it wasn't "enough." It was triggered when my therapist didn't think my SH was that bad because I scratched myself, but not enough to bleed. I'm sorry you're going through that, but I get it. Scars are immensely satisfying to collect in a fucked up way.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: bugs_for_brains
bugs_for_brains

bugs_for_brains

We can always regroup on the moon <3
Mar 4, 2024
wanting to physically prove to myself that my emotional pain was real
Yep that's almost word for word what I wrote down in my journal when I was starting.

I also felt bad when telling my psychiatrist abt me scratching myself and stuff bc it was so tame that it didn't feel worth bringing up.

• Hugs
Reactions: tryingtoquietdown