nigelhernandez

nigelhernandez

Experienced
Apr 14, 2020
I've been suicidal since 2014 and have been browsing Reddit. /r/SanctionedSuicide was the go to place but apart from that, there was no pro-choice place. Everywhere else was anti-choice.

It was only when /r/SS was banned in 2018 that sanctionedsuicide.com was established.

Was there difficulty establishing in it legally? I know the only suicide forums were on the Deep Web.

• Love
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, FatalSystemError591, Brokensaddle and 9 others
Sinkinshyp

Sinkinshyp

Paragon
Sep 7, 2020
it's such a controversial subject. While there are a lot of members- this seems to be worldwide. I think being ready to CTB we are a minority. It also potentially opens owners up to lawsuits and negative publicity. I read they had to find a host that would allow the content as well. I'm glad this site is here. I never did reddit.

Reactions: deleted, Chupacabra 44, GoneGoneGone and 2 others
lunargreenx

lunargreenx

21 year old gay boy
Jun 16, 2020
There are not that many people who are pro-choice in context of suicide.
I am a hypocrite, but I am not pro-choice, even though I happen to be on this forum and want to die.

I am very dissapointed with life. Universe is showing me a big middle finger. But still. I think life is beautiful. I am just very sorry it didn't work out for me. I am fighting it every day.

• Hugs
Reactions: epic, Chupacabra 44, Killia and 3 others
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
i find it.....interesting that theres literally a site for everything except this. "you have some really out there fetish, 50 sites for you. you have daily struggles you want to talk to like minded people about.....yeah...sorry cant help you" the internet isnt very good at having everything i guess

• Hugs
Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Élégie, TotalPOS and 17 others
E

esse_est_percipi

Enlightened
Jul 14, 2020
Probably the same reasons suicide is such a taboo and suppressed subject in society generally.
Can't have too many workers/profit generators getting the idea in their minds that they can just jump off the conveyor belt when they want to.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: AnonymousS, it's_all_a_game, Élégie and 14 others
Mm80

Mm80

Enlightened
May 15, 2019
i find it.....interesting that theres literally a site for everything except this. "you have some really out there fetish, 50 sites for you. you have daily struggles you want to talk to like minded people about.....yeah...sorry cant help you" the internet isnt very good at having everything i guess
you have some really out there fetish, 50 sites for you...

That bit felt like you were talking directly to me.

• Love
Reactions: Chupacabra 44, GoneGoneGone, woxihuanni and 2 others
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
I do think that it took far too long for such a website to be created. I think that the reason it came so late is mainly due to people's fears about what repercussions they might suffer by producing such a site, but even more so the difficulties of creating a website and maintaining it (this requires knowledge).

Reactions: Circles, deleted, Chupacabra 44 and 4 others
whitefeather

whitefeather

Thank the gods for Death
Apr 23, 2020
I've been suicidal since 2014 and have been browsing Reddit. /r/SanctionedSuicide was the go to place but apart from that, there was no pro-choice place. Everywhere else was anti-choice.

It was only when /r/SS was banned in 2018 that sanctionedsuicide.com was established.

Was there difficulty establishing in it legally? I know the only suicide forums were on the Deep Web.
because death 'calls all bluffing' . humans are bluffers.

• Love
Reactions: FatalSystemError591, pthnrdnojvsc and woxihuanni
Silver

Silver

The 21st century is when everything changes
Aug 8, 2020
Probably the same reasons suicide is such a taboo and suppressed subject in society generally.
Can't have too many workers/profit generators getting the idea in their minds that they can just jump off the conveyor belt when they want to.
I think this is mainly what 'suicide prevention' is about. Preserving lives because 'If they stay alive long enough, they'll discover they want to live after all' and the documented high cost to governments caused by workers lost to suicide.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, 262653, Lost in a Dream and 4 others
Valon

Valon

Sep 14, 2020
I remember as a teenager I was brainwashed into thinking suicide was bad, and that it "gets better when you're older and more mature". Which is complete bullshit btw. I was told time and time again that I should call a suicide hotline (didn't help at all, they give zero shits on there, I've even had someone fall asleep on me before) and that I should see a doctor (also did not help, doctors only care about their paychecks).

It's true. Age only adds more suffering and trauma to your collection. It does not get better, and as time goes on, you really start to see the world for what it is. I'm glad these forums exist, because there are hardly any places left for people to discuss suicide transparently.

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: Élégie, FatalSystemError591, SelfLiberation and 7 others
Ardesevent

Ardesevent

It’s the end of the line, cowboy
Feb 2, 2020
I doubt this is the only one. Like others have said, suicide is a touchy subject, but people have to get info somehow. There might be .onion sites out there.

Reactions: Midnight-rain, Stick and checkouttime
Squiddy

Squiddy

Here Lies My Hopes And Dreams
Sep 4, 2019
I remember as a teenager I was brainwashed into thinking suicide was bad, and that it "gets better when you're older and more mature". Which is complete bullshit btw. I was told time and time again that I should call a suicide hotline (didn't help at all, they give zero shits on there, I've even had someone fall asleep on me before) and that I should see a doctor (also did not help, doctors only care about their paychecks).

It's true. Age only adds more suffering and trauma to your collection. It does not get better, and as time goes on, you really start to see the world for what it is. I'm glad these forums exist, because there are hardly any places left for people to discuss suicide transparently.
I also got brainwashed into thinking it gets better

• Hugs
Reactions: Ghost2211, Lost in a Dream, demuic and 3 others
L I F E T O L O S E

L I F E T O L O S E

only you can stop the evil
Sep 18, 2020

Can you give me an example of those anti-choice forums still active?

Shades of Grey

Shades of Grey

Student
Jun 17, 2020
I remember spending a great deal of time lurking on alt.suicide.holiday back in 2003-2005. There have been pro-choice spaces available... perhaps not quite as accessible, but they were there.

Reactions: it's_all_a_game, Élégie, Random and 7 others
A

Aap

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
The much more interesting question is how has this one stayed around for so long.

• Love
Reactions: TerminallyAlive, GoneGoneGone and XYZ
G

GoneGoneGone

Enlightened
Apr 1, 2020
Things take time to change.
At one end of the spectrum you have preadolescent girls making polls on twitter as to whether they should ctb or not, and when the answer is yes, they actually do it...
At the other end there are people with mental or terminal illnesses for whom life is simply unbearable, and Switzerland, the Netherlands, and Belgium recognize that.
Now that the question is up and the possibility to ctb decently is there, the problem is what happens with us, the 'in-betweeners.'

BerryCakes

BerryCakes

Local Case Study
Sep 20, 2020
I mean this in the most polite way possible, but this isn't true at all. Pro-choice suicide forums have been a thing since at least the late 90s/early 00s. Just look up "alt.suicide.holiday" on Wikipedia. The only catch is that communities like this are buried very well. We're talking 20th page of Google search results level, ahah.

• Wow
Reactions: TerminallyAlive and 262653

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
I mean this in the most polite way possible, but this isn't true at all. Pro-choice suicide forums have been a thing since at least the late 90s/early 00s. Just look up "alt.suicide.holiday" on Wikipedia. The only catch is that communities like this are buried very well. We're talking 20th page of Google search results level, ahah.
Aha! So that's what they meant by asher/non-asher...

Reactions: BerryCakes
Apathy's Girl

Apathy's Girl

Student
Jul 20, 2020
I remember spending a great deal of time lurking on alt.suicide.holiday back in 2003-2005.
I thought I was the only one who was on ash! I would spend almost every day on ash instead of working. I met my bestfriend from there (he committed suicide in 2005). I was so happy to find SS, it's the closest to ash I've seen.

• Hugs
Reactions: Random and Shades of Grey
M

massiveblackhole

Student
Sep 4, 2020
Hallelujah for this site! So refreshing. I was on a depression forum a few years back which was even more depressing with the christian pro-lifers telling me I needed to find god to find meaning in my life. go jump off a bridge.

Reactions: deleted
Hollydeathripper

Hollydeathripper

no heart beat
Oct 12, 2020
off topic how do I create a thread I'm new