• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

D

daveyc

Jan 9, 2021
It makes me so angry. If I could just read the news every day, that alone would make life so much more fulfilling. Every time I get referred to psychiatric services they accuse me of being lazy but I CAN 'T EVEN WATCH A FILM FOR GOD'S SAKE.

• Hugs
Reactions: Spitfire
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
It makes me so angry. If I could just read the news every day, that alone would make life so much more fulfilling. Every time I get referred to psychiatric services they accuse me of being lazy but I CAN 'T EVEN WATCH A FILM FOR GOD'S SAKE.
I'm sorry medical services are letting you down so much, have you tried going to ER, just trying to help. Where I live ER can refer you to a psychiatrist.

Reactions: daveyc
D

daveyc

Jan 9, 2021
I'm sorry medical services are letting you down so much, have you tried going to ER, just trying to help. Where I live ER can refer you to a psychiatrist.
Been to the ER many times because I keep overdosing on paracetamol. Same story. They just tell me to self-refer for the group therapy programme here, which has a waiting list of over a year. The programme itself then takes a couple of years too. Apparently I'm not even suitable for meds, because I only have personality disorder traits and not major depressive ones.

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Been to the ER many times because I keep overdosing on paracetamol. Same story. They just tell me to self-refer for the group therapy programme here, which has a waiting list of over a year. The programme itself then takes a couple of years too. Apparently I'm not even suitable for meds, because I only have personality disorder traits and not major depressive ones.
Oh hun, wish I could tell you paracetamol works, but it will just cause you more pain. I dunno where you are and you don't need to tell me, but that system is very bad, Doctors are supposed to help, since you took the 1st paracetamol OD, that would immediately should refer you automatically to a psychiatrist.

D

daveyc

Jan 9, 2021
Oh hun, wish I could tell you paracetamol works, but it will just cause you more pain. I dunno where you are and you don't need to tell me, but that system is very bad, Doctors are supposed to help, since you took the 1st paracetamol OD, that would immediately should refer you automatically to a psychiatrist.
I know, but it's a way of getting more comfortable with SH and easing my way to CTB a little by getting used to the idea of causing lasting damage to myself. Plus it doesn't make me more physically deformed like most SH methods, and being even more strange-looking is one of my biggest fears.

Not a chance; they're not interested in helping. I had a consultant psychiatrist spend an hour telling me how much of a defective person I am once in the ER: telling me I live on benefits because I am lazy rather than because it is necessary, accusing me of ODing just for attention, that I can do rewarding things to pass the time but choose not to (when 99% of the time I can't even watch a film).

They then tell me medication isn't suitable for me even though it is the only intervention that I have found helps a bit. I still get it from my GP though.

I have realised by this point that they're charlatans at best and outright narcissists at worst.

Last edited:
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Not a chance, they're not interested in helping. I had a consultant psychiatrist spend an hour telling me how much of a defective person I am once: telling me I live on benefits because I am lazy rather than because it is necessary, accusing me of ODing just for attention, that I can do rewarding things to pass the time but choose not to (when 98% of the time I can't even watch a film).
A psychiatrist told you that, omg, that's so bad. Must be the famous NHS, they just want us to work till we drop. A private one would be out of the question right?

D

daveyc

Jan 9, 2021
A psychiatrist told you that, omg, that's so bad. Must be the famous NHS, they just want us to work till we drop. A private one would be out of the question right?
Yep. She was the most posh-sounding person I have met in real life too. When I mention her to people I refer to her as Dr Rees-Mogg haha. She really did remind me of Ms Thatcher; she had the exact same dialect, the same view on the world and same messed-up definition of morality.

I'm unemployed so can't afford to go private.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: alice-in-wonderland
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Yep. She was the most posh-sounding person I have met in real life too. When I mention her to people I refer to her as Dr Rees-Mogg haha. She really did remind me of Ms Thatcher; she had the exact same dialect, the same view on the world and same messed-up definition of morality.

I'm unemployed so can't afford to go private.
Awww Davey wish I could do more to help you, but all the doctors care now is this virus. I'm here if you ever wanna talk. DM me if you ever need and ear to listen to you, once again I'm sorry you facing this alone. Was aware of Thatcher cause I've seen the crown episodes and she was in this new season, she did look and sounded evil.
I usually do video sessions with a therapist, do you want me to ask him to do a free session with you?

Last edited:
D

daveyc

Jan 9, 2021
Awww Davey wish I could do more to help you, but all the doctors care now is this virus. I'm here if you ever wanna talk. DM me if you ever need and ear to listen to you, once again I'm sorry you facing this alone. Was aware of Thatcher cause I've seen the crown episodes and she was in this new season, she did look and sounded evil.
Thank you. That's very kind. I feel a bit less alone for having discovered this site. :) I will probably take you up on your offer at some point.

She was very evil haha.