• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

goodoldnoname923

goodoldnoname923

Wanting to find peace
Mar 28, 2024
Why can't assisted suicide be legal? Or aleast be a significantally lesser penalty than it is…like 30 days community service or some shit

Make things alot easier for many people

Reactions: divinemistress36, sserafim, 4am and 5 others
W

wsx-rt

Apr 17, 2024
Why can't assisted suicide be legal? Or aleast be a significantally lesser penalty than it is…like 30 days community service or some shit

I completely agree why it is impossible for sick and suffering people to go to a medical institution so that they can get this unfortunate injection and the person will die a dignified death, say goodbye to everyone, why should we look for ways ourselves and suffer. In my country, for example, buying CN is easy and simple, they sell it on the Internet for pennies, but why do you need to do it yourself, it would be easier to do it legally, so that a person can finish all his affairs and die with dignity and without torment and fear

Reactions: sserafim, pilotviolin, Pluto and 2 others
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Its complicated to allow. If it were legal, medical and insurance companies would encourage expensive patients to CTB instead to save time and money.

Also, in right wing countries, governments would encourage those on benefits and low incomes to use it too.

For it to be safe and not used to massacre the sick and poor, it would need strong mechanisms in place.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
fallingasl33p

fallingasl33p

Jan 2, 2024
I pray we get there one day. I was begging and pleading to parents trying to explain letting me go that way would be a mercy but they just don't get it. They'd selfishly rather I keep living in constant suffering .

Reactions: divinemistress36 and Praestat_Mori
Rhizomorph1

Rhizomorph1

May you find peace in living or dying
Oct 24, 2023

Medically assisted dying is legal in a small handful of jurisdictions. Namely, Switzerland, Canada, Australia, Austria, Netherlands, Belgium, Colombia, Germany, Luxembourg, Spain, and a small number of American states.

It's just incredibly high-barrier and isn't available in most places. The discussion around how to ethically and responsibly provide access to MAID is currently being had, but is far from over.

Medical colleges and policy makers are trying to work out the gaps and issues with the model as these gaps have dire consequences. Especially issues regarding informed consent. Also, it's challenging to evaluate rates of regret, remission, etc. when there is nobody left to query after the fact.

However, there is a dire need for populations that absolutely should have access but currently don't (a proportion of the people on this forum; especially the more permanent/severe cases). While they sort out that conversation, unfortunately websites like these are the only place that fill the gap, and without regulation and oversight, a lot of people do fall through the cracks on both sides of the equation;

· people who would benefit from recovery services but never get access due to lack of point-of-contact services, deliberation with neutral, and trained persons who can provide informed options, etc. - those who "die but could/would have recovered"
· people who will inevitably die by suicide or those who reasonably should choose to die given their condition(s) but end up with permanent inhuries, in pain, scared, feeling alone & undignified, etc. while they exit.

I hope my time on this forum helps to bridge the gap by encouraging people to disclose to their doctors and ask questions about MAID, and improve diplomacy and trust between this forum and the public so this forum can be better resourced to e.g., enforce the no-youth policy with 3rd party authentication, encourage neutral communication, and recognize some of the benefits this site offers in the meantime while MAID developments are largely in their infancy.

I hope this forum provides a space for people who won't disclose to others/work with doctors to feel safe enough to receive these options & referrals where they otherwise won't from medicine & family. Point-of-contact care is vital and people end up here because they aren't getting something they need offline. This platform represents the last opportunity for people to reconsider; building trust so they have access to these informed choices means truly and deeply respecting the choice they make regardless; that's just a fact of this forum.

Person-centered, neutral communication can be both life saving, and help people to die with dignity & without pain.

Last edited:
Reactions: EvisceratedJester, lack, sserafim and 3 others
fallingasl33p

fallingasl33p

Jan 2, 2024
Medically assisted dying is legal in a small handful of jurisdictions. Namely, Switzerland, Canada, and Netherlands.

It's just incredibly high-barrier and isn't available in most places. The discussion around how to ethically and responsibly provide access to MAID is being had.

They're really just working out any gaps and issues with the model as these gaps have dire consequences.

However, there is a dire need for populations that absolutely should have access but currently don't (a proportion of the people on this forum; especially the more permanent/severe cases). While they sort out that conversation, unfortunately websites like these are the only place that fill the gap, and without regulation, a lot of people do fall through the cracks on both sides;

· people who would benefit from recovery services but never get access due to lack of point-of-contact services, deliberation with neutral, and trained persons who can provide informed options, etc. - those who "die but could/would have recovered"
· people who will inevitably die by suicide or those who reasonably should choose to die given their condition(s) but end up with permanent inhuries, in pain, scared, feeling alone & undignified, etc. while they exit.

I hope my time on this forum helps to bridge the gap by encouraging people to disclose to their doctors and ask questions about MAID, and improve diplomacy and trust between this forum and the public so this forum can be better resourced to e.g., enforce the no-youth policy with 3rd party authentication, encourage neutral communication, and recognize some of the benefits this site offers in the meantime while MAID developments are largely in their infancy.
Is it possible for euthanasia tourism in any of those places for conditions other than terminal ones in very old people ?
Is it possible for euthanasia tourism in any of those places for conditions other than terminal ones in very old people ?
Or if not would it be possible to 'lie' and ham up the severity of my physical health conditions ? And get it that way?

Or if not would it be possible to 'lie' and ham up the severity of my physical health conditions ? And get it that way?
Like I stop taking the meds for my AI condition maybe

(Autoimmune)

Last edited:
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023

(Autoimmune)
Most likely not. I think if u have the money, the patience and you're "almost dead with terminal illness" you may have chances in Switzerland.

The bad thing about legal euthanasia is that it won't be granted to anyone to prevent themselves from further suffering or from a life they don't wanna live.

Reactions: sserafim
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
This is a very important conversation for society to have.

It is too easy for someone to fall through the cracks. I have proven too sick to work, yet don't have a conventional diagnosis to qualify for support. Not to mention the desire to not be a burden and the daily suffering of being isolated. In addition, some of us don't have family who care about them.

It's very frustrating when every pathway is blocked just because nobody wants to admit that there is an underclass for whom the system is not working.

Reactions: sserafim, pilotviolin and EyesOfNight
Rhizomorph1

Rhizomorph1

Oct 24, 2023

(Autoimmune)
As @Praestat_Mori said, Switzerland.

You still need to fill out an application with extensive review from the team of whichever company you choose, and have supporting documents from medical professionals.

However, Switzerland has the most progressive and open approach comparatively so the best odds are usually with them.

I believe, but don't quote me on this, that they are the only country that will provide MAID for people without Swiss citizenship.

Reactions: sserafim, Praestat_Mori and fallingasl33p
fallingasl33p

fallingasl33p

Jan 2, 2024
As @Praestat_Mori said, Switzerland.

You still need to fill out an application with extensive review from the team of whichever company you choose, and have supporting documents from medical professionals.

However, Switzerland has the most progressive and open approach comparatively so the best odds are usually with them.

I believe, but don't quote me on this, that they are the only country that will provide MAID for people without Swiss citizenship.
Dignitas or are there are other more accepting ones?

Rhizomorph1

Rhizomorph1

Oct 24, 2023
Dignitas or are there are other more accepting ones?
I've only heard of Dignitas, Pegasos, and "full circle" or something like that.

I don't know anything about how they decide which applications are rejected vs. accepted unfortunately.

• Informative
Reactions: sserafim and fallingasl33p
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
I really wish it is as well, it'd prevent so much pointless suffering. Honestly I find it so criminal and unacceptable how humans so harmfully procreate even know nobody can suffer from never existing at all yet deny others the option to reliably die in peace, I wish they just didn't bring life here in the first place. Assisted suicide needs to be legal especially because of the futile, hellish and harmful nature of existence, it's deeply sadistic to want to trap people in their meaningless existences with no guaranteed way out until they die anyway.

Reactions: TheEndTimes, 4am, sserafim and 1 other person
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Enlightened
Jan 1, 2024
I pray we get there one day. I was begging and pleading to parents trying to explain letting me go that way would be a mercy but they just don't get it. They'd selfishly rather I keep living in constant suffering .
Same

Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
Dead men pay no taxes

Reactions: TheEndTimes and divinemistress36
M

martinso67

All human rights are important
Feb 5, 2021
Medically assisted dying is legal in a small handful of jurisdictions. Namely, Switzerland, Canada, Australia, Austria, Netherlands, Belgium, Colombia, Germany, Luxembourg, Spain, and a small number of American states.

It's just incredibly high-barrier and isn't available in most places. The discussion around how to ethically and responsibly provide access to MAID is currently being had, but is far from over.

Medical colleges and policy makers are trying to work out the gaps and issues with the model as these gaps have dire consequences. Especially issues regarding informed consent. Also, it's challenging to evaluate rates of regret, remission, etc. when there is nobody left to query after the fact.

However, there is a dire need for populations that absolutely should have access but currently don't (a proportion of the people on this forum; especially the more permanent/severe cases). While they sort out that conversation, unfortunately websites like these are the only place that fill the gap, and without regulation and oversight, a lot of people do fall through the cracks on both sides of the equation;

I hope this forum provides a space for people who won't disclose to others/work with doctors to feel safe enough to receive these options & referrals where they otherwise won't from medicine & family. Point-of-contact care is vital and people end up here because they aren't getting something they need offline. This platform represents the last opportunity for people to reconsider; building trust so they have access to these informed choices means truly and deeply respecting the choice they make regardless; that's just a fact of this forum.

Person-centered, neutral communication can be both life saving, and help people to die with dignity & without pain.
It's not legal really. One made some law there, where a doctor or a group/committee decides if you are eligible to be able to die. They also have control where and how it will be done.

No offense for people who make use of it. It's like what the pro-life people say that they are killing people, they see us unworthy of life. I want to be able to access the medication through prescription like one can get prescribed a pain medication.
You go to the doctor and tell him you have pain in some place in your body. He then prescribes you the anti pain medication.
Same here I want to buy that medication. Don't make killing one self in a medicated way as a low key crime.

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

|| What Else Could I Be But a Jester ||
Oct 21, 2023
Suicide is still very stigmatized and used to be illegal in many parts of the world. Even today there are countries where its still illegal to kill yourself. The state views you as property rather than as an individual. You are a tool. You are expected to work in order to keep the machine going, so they can't just let people have the right to die unless they want to risk losing their precious little worker ants. It's also why some countries and why a lot of right-wingers go crazy over falling birth rates. Sure, there's already over 8 billion people out there and we could try to look into changing the ways in which our communities are structured to better accommodate our aging population (a more communal sort of structure rather than the typical nuclear structure), but that's not what they care about. What they care about is having more workers so that they can line their pockets with more money. Hence why in places like the US, we are starting to see some states become more relaxed with their child labour laws.

Religion is also another factor. Countries with strong ties to certain religions, such as Christianity and Islam, are also usually very against suicide. Certain religions have strong stances against people's right to die since they need to keep their follower count high. It's a control tactic to make sure that no one leaves the religion. You can't leave certain religions without them threatening that you'll be sent to hell, they make sure to indoctrinate your children into them from a young age, and they make sure that nobody tries to end their own life. All of this is done to keep their follwers trapped in their faith. This doesn't apply to all religions, but it does apply to the Abrahamic faiths. This is why there is an issue with the underreporting of suicides in many Islamic countries.

Still, there has been some progress in regards to increased support in MAID and MAID expansion. For example, while the proposal to expand MAID to the mentally ill has been pushed back to 2027 and the majority of people here are against it, there has been an increase in support for it.

At the end of the day, progress tends to move at a snail's pace. Still, there has at least been a bit of progress (more people increasingly supporting MAID and supporting the expansion of it, more countries allowing MAID, etc) and, for now, that's the best we can ask for.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Rhizomorph1