• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

migimortis

migimortis

Love It Or Waste It.
Jan 15, 2024
Why are you still alive? Is it fear? Not wanting to hurt loved ones? Not knowing how to ctb? The only reason I'm still alive is because I'm a coward. I should've killed myself years ago. Sure family may be upset but they are upset over me being a failure anyway. I'm alive because I'm weak. I'm not living, I'm simply holding on.

Why are you still alive?

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Polly__, whats_the_point, danzk and 36 others
hikikomorizombie

hikikomorizombie

Ouch
Jan 15, 2024
bc im a cowarddddd B) there is literally 0 reason for me to be alive & continue to be alive. if my attempt 6 yrs ago had worked, it would've saved me.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: antisun, counting-out-time, Homo erectus and 16 others
Upvote 3
ihatemylifee

ihatemylifee

Jan 24, 2024
I don't have a sn resource

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: antisun, whats_the_point, Homo erectus and 6 others
Upvote 0
FireFox

FireFox

Enlightened
Apr 8, 2020
Why are you still alive? Is it fear? Not wanting to hurt loved ones? Not knowing how to ctb? The only reason I'm still alive is because I'm a coward. I should've killed myself years ago. Sure family may be upset but they are upset over me being a failure anyway. I'm alive because I'm weak. I'm not living, I'm simply holding on.

Why are you still alive?
@migimortis my teenage sister is the main reason, we are very close. If I was successful in killing myself she will not have an effective support system.

● My relatives are biggest self centred aresholes ever. They have made fun of me for being the crazy family member and when I die I can identify which relatives will be gossiping about how I was always the crazy one.

● my mum cares way too much what these arseholes think and will not cope with the public shame and family gossip over my suicide.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: VidFlumina, ResilientAF, queserraserra and 6 others
Upvote 2
Mitsumi

Mitsumi

Student
Dec 23, 2023
failed attempts, that aside just little things that keep me going like books, movies etc

• Hugs
Reactions: Tired_of_myself, ResilientAF, paroxysm and 5 others
Upvote 0
C

corrupted feelings

Jan 9, 2024
Mostly because I'm scared about death. But also because I still don't know how I'll ctb.

• Hugs
Reactions: ResilientAF, dysthymia, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
Upvote 1
TheSpookyNameGuy

TheSpookyNameGuy

There's nothing here..
Apr 30, 2023
I lost my mental strength.

Each time i tried to die people have intervened or my methods failed, i tried a shotgun and hanging both failed.

Im currently sourcing N, unfortunately it seems i may have to physically persuade a certain entity to you know, give it up. Polypropylene is nice

But we will cross that bridge in time 😉

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: quinnnnnxo, CouldaHvBeenARock, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
Upvote 1
Bed

Bed

Global Mod
Aug 24, 2019
scared of the process of dying mostly. curiosity/naive optimism is a secondary reason. hoping i can enjoy life one day and maybe not be in chronic pain 24/7.

• Hugs
Reactions: ResilientAF, Painfu.Ll.suffering, newintown and 2 others
Upvote 0
John-Doe

John-Doe

Jan 20, 2024
i'm trying to make it until my dog passes away. she's turning 9 soon so she still has some years left, it's going to be really hard to wait until then but we're both very attached to each other and i don't want to deal with the guilt of abandoning her if i ctb.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Buildingsandcastles, whats_the_point, kermudgeon and 8 others
Upvote 0
migimortis

migimortis

Love It Or Waste It.
Jan 15, 2024
@migimortis my teenage sister is the main reason, we are very close. If I was successful in killing myself she will not have an effective support system.

● My relatives are biggest self centred aresholes ever. They have made fun of me for being the crazy family member and when I die I can identify which relatives will be gossiping about how I was always the crazy one.

● my mum cares way too much what these arseholes think and will not cope with the public shame and family gossip over my suicide.
You're tough. You are staying for her. I hope you mange to cope well :heart:

failed attempts, that aside just little things that keep me going like books, movies etc
Sorry to hear that, hopefully no lasting damage.

Mostly because I'm scared about death. But also because I still don't know how I'll ctb.
Same basically. More scared about messing up more specifically. I don't want to be paralyzed.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
Upvote 0
F

fuzzy-clown

Experienced
Nov 27, 2022
I'm supposed to look after my parents during their last years

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: whats_the_point, Praestat_Mori and migimortis
Upvote 0
throneofdispair03

throneofdispair03

is a mistake
Jan 10, 2024

Why are you still alive?
me being a coward plus family finding the body. the slipknot is literally waiting in my closet

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: quinnnnnxo, Praestat_Mori and migimortis
Upvote 0
Neverfeltdeader

Neverfeltdeader

Can you hear me drift away?
Dec 12, 2021
Procrastination.

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, dysthymia, buyersremorse and 5 others
Upvote 0
hail

hail

embrace
Jan 27, 2024
too lazy to attempt + don't have a viable method

• Hugs
Reactions: sserafim, dysthymia, quinnnnnxo and 3 others
Upvote 0
cracklingroses

cracklingroses

Sep 10, 2023

Why are you still alive?
I am terrified of failing. Like if I don't complete the suicide, and I wake up in a much worse position. I go back and forth on whether or not I would impact my family. Frankly I think they would have more means to move up in their own lives when I am finally gone. A huge release of burden for them. I know they say they care for me, but I think deep down they wish I had died long ago. You come to that conclusion when years go by of continued neglect, being used, and never getting the proper help you need whether its physical or mental health care. They have been happy to sit back and watch me die and I can't help but feel like they are like "any day now". I mean they have flat out told me to just do it so I mean I don't think I am jumping to assumptions here. I don't want to leave my dogs, but I know they would be taken care of and wouldn't have to listen to me sob every night. It is a very tricky thing trying to leave this place. So many complexities for each individual situation to take into account. I wish I was just ignorant and impulsive enough to just do it sometimes, but I never stop thinking about what ifs and potential consequences for myself and those around me. I hate it. What I wouldn't do for a miraculous way to just die in my sleep in a facility where my parents aren't the ones to find me, and I can just be tossed away in peace.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: sserafim, MrP, borderlinee and 4 others
Upvote 0
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
Afraid of failing and ending up a vegetable

• Hugs
Reactions: indosoon, sserafim, myusername890 and 7 others
Upvote 0
T

thetaperfade69

Jan 27, 2024
Holding on hope she'll come back, but probably won't happen. Wish I had an easy way to access SN, N, or H.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and migimortis
Upvote 0
Nori

Nori

Nori
Dec 23, 2023
I don't want to leave my sister and mother with more tragedy in their lives and for the most part that keeps me in check. I've also gotten a lot better since I was like- let's say 15. I am really hopeful towards the future if I can make it that far.

• Hugs
Reactions: quinnnnnxo, Praestat_Mori, majortom and 2 others
Upvote 0
Lost Magic

Lost Magic

Visionary
May 5, 2020
Because I have a good method and I am not fully ready yet. Still, some stuff in the basement to sort out, first.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and migimortis
Upvote 0
Ariii

Ariii

Oct 29, 2023
Pretty standard, afraid of the pain+dont have a method+afraid of if i fail

• Hugs
Reactions: elimliadam, myusername890, quinnnnnxo and 3 others
Upvote 0
Catch-22

Catch-22

But in the end it doesn't even matter...😢
Aug 19, 2019
Only because I'm not sure if I have the medication to go by OD. There is information on here but because of illness I have cognitive issues and cannot calculate very well. Until I can make sure that I have the right amount of medication and the right ratios I cannot take the chance. If I find someone to help me then maybe I and finally go. I can't take this physical and mental pain much longer

Reactions: Buildingsandcastles, quinnnnnxo and migimortis
Upvote 0
Finalnight

Finalnight

Cbting 07/03/24, love you all.
Aug 16, 2023

Why are you still alive?
Just waiting for the right time, I hope soon enough, I really hope so..

• Hugs
Reactions: quinnnnnxo, Praestat_Mori and migimortis
Upvote 0
Nyotei

Nyotei

here nor there
Dec 7, 2023
I have a recovery partner. I have to stay around for him. I also have responsibilities. For now, dying is just a daydream...

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: kawaiiphantom, quinnnnnxo, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
Upvote 0

A clown 🤡
Jan 2, 2023
I accept death with open arms.

I only need to complete the plan and ensure a method that has very low chances of failing.

• Hugs
Reactions: kawaiiphantom, Praestat_Mori, divinemistress36 and 1 other person
Upvote 0
M

maddog58

Oct 15, 2023
I'm too much of an empathetic and I care about the people in my life. I'm genuinely still here for them because I don't want to hurt them.

• Hugs
Reactions: ResilientAF, quinnnnnxo, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
Upvote 0
merricat

merricat

awake and unafraid, asleep or dead <3
Jan 27, 2024

Why are you still alive?
-my parents
-fear of death
-hope for the future

• Hugs
Reactions: migimortis, Praestat_Mori and divinemistress36
Upvote 0
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I'm too pathetic to actually kill myself. One of my reasons for liking death in the first place is that I don't want to put any effort into anything at all and being alive requires a lot of effort. Also, I don't really have a chance to kill myself as I'm autistic and I live with parents who don't really let me go out freely

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: kermudgeon, ResilientAF, Akaraine and 5 others
Upvote 1
MiMif

MiMif

I do not live for others to understand me...
Sep 13, 2023
I don't know....my main reason is I can't really find a method.

I actually made a post kinda similar to this mentioning how it's pretty easy to kill yourself and well...I really take it back. It's near impossible right now for me gosh. The only sure way is a gun but I know if I had a gun in my hands I wouldn't be able to bring myself to pull the trigger.

Other than that some small things make me reconsider dying. I know I will never find happiness I know that and I know no one really cares about me and I know I'm bothering everyone around me. But once I'm done with school my main goal is to get an apartment and live alone...maybe with a cat but I want zero people in my life. I wanna find an online job and I'll cut contact with my family. I want to get to that point and I just need to make it through a few more years of school to get there. I wonder if I'll finally find happiness once I get the solitude I crave...I doubt I will but thats what keeps me going. People make me miserable

However I found a method I'm comfortable with recently (partial hanging) and there's also a possible jumping spot near me I've been thinking of.

• Hugs
Reactions: VidFlumina, quinnnnnxo, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
Upvote 0
lament.

lament.

the Immortal
Jun 28, 2023
The sensation I get in my body as I am seconds away from death is terrifying. I think I might have to try a different method, but I don't know if I have the energy to go out and jump off a bridge or something.

• Hugs
Reactions: ResilientAF, migimortis, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
Upvote 0