• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

F

fox21132113

Student
Sep 8, 2020
This is a pro choice website, not a pro death site. Sure, some people under the age of 18 can make a rational choice. However, the adolescent brain is not fully developed, and adolescent life experience is limited. Pain is largely relative, true, but there is a difference between being unpopular in school and being homeless and unpopular.

I also suspect this site would have significantly more scrutiny if it was opened to non-adults
Hey, I'm confused by the homeless portion of your text. Can you elaborate more?

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
At this point I don't care how sure you are or how hard your life is, if you're under 18 and trying to blend in here then fuck off, learn to follow the rules, and go find another website to ruin for everyone else. Even if you have a terminal illness or live in an objectively hopeless situation, I'm not gonna pretend things will turn around but maybe don't make your problem hurt other people just because you don't want to play by a website's rules. If you're 18-25 make sure you've really made it clear to all your loved ones that this site isn't responsible for your decisions in case they are the kinds of folks who'd rally to get this site taken down.

Ugh, sorry. Feel free to ignore or report this rant for being too mean or whatever but I'm sick of younger people expecting the world to start to revolve around them just because they're suffering. Then again I'm pretty guilty of this myself even though I'm 26. I guess I just really hate this mindset because I still have it myself but seriously. If you kids wanna play like the big boys, then learn some empathy and realize just how much your actions can ruin it for others if you carelessly sign up for something you shouldn't. I want to believe in pro choice but like with anything, the effects of your choice must still always be considered and be as informed as possible.

Last edited:
WatermelonMel

WatermelonMel

Melon Master
Aug 19, 2019
At this point I don't care how sure you are or how hard your life is, if you're under 18 and trying to blend in here then fuck off, learn to follow the rules, and go find another website to ruin for everyone else. Even if you have a terminal illness or live in an objectively hopeless situation, I'm not gonna pretend things will turn around but maybe don't make your problem hurt other people just because you don't want to play by a website's rules. If you're 18-25 make sure you've really made it clear to all your loved ones that this site isn't responsible for your decisions in case they are the kinds of folks who'd rally to get this site taken down.

Ugh, sorry. Feel free to ignore or report this rant for being too mean or whatever but I'm sick of younger people expecting the world to start to revolve around them just because they're suffering. Then again I'm pretty guilty of this myself even though I'm 26. I guess I just really hate this mindset because I still have it myself but seriously. If you kids wanna play like the big boys, then learn some empathy and realize just how much your actions can ruin it for others if you carelessly sign up for something you shouldn't. I want to believe in pro choice but like with anything, the effects of your choice must still always be considered and be as informed as possible.
Your reply is very assumptious and rude, they said they were 18 and nothing they said hinted of being younger or lying and they never said that the world evolved around them.

Reactions: Lilmeowssi
Birdie

Birdie

Sep 19, 2020
People under 18 aren't fully developed yet, specially children. No matter how "mature for their age" they might be, they don't have the actual perspective that comes with full development.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
Your reply is very assumptious and rude, they said they were 18 and nothing they said hinted of being younger or lying and they never said that the world evolved around them.
I'm referring more to the minors who are lurking and haven't said anything but their parents still trace their browsing activity from this site after they've already died. There have also been users in the past who were active and turned out to be minors though thankfully once they were revealed they were indeed banned.

And yeah I know I'm being rude and presumptuous but I'd rather err on the side of caution. I'm not a mod or anyone with power so maybe true maturity would come from seeing my rant as the desperate and angry emotional plea that it is instead of a personal attack on anyone in particular, which my post really wasn't.

Reactions: WatermelonMel
stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
Speaking from my own experience with trauma at a young age and also wanting to die for a long time...
I wished someone would have let me let me do it (via assisted ctb) when I wanted to do it first (with 9-10) ....yes, some things got better, I have more experiences now...but for what exactly?
Only to get back to this point and dying eventually anyways.
If I had died earlier I would have had kept my childish naivety (and some good memories as well) until the end and lacked the bitterness I got from more trauma over the years.

On the other hand this site should definitely not be freely accessible for people under 18 because the information you obtain here can be potentially harmful or dangerous since you have to ctb on your own with those methods.

Whereas talking to a physiatrist about assisted ctb should be made legal for all ages.

I

Isitmytime

Jan 26, 2021
i never said it should be opened to minors, i meant 18-30 year olds who are told they are too young to kill themselves. and people can have a lot worse trauma than simply being unpopular at school when they're young. i was abused by my mother my entire childhood and still am to this day and have a lot of other traumas but still get told to give it time
No intention to play smart here or try to convince you of anything. Just my own experience is you can hardly get better if you are not able to leave the abusive environment. I would first try that. The memories will stay with you of course, but sometimes you can use them to protect yourself from further abuse. Work can be very therapeutic sometimes, it's not olny about getting paid. I think we should all be able to decide when to go, especially because we should be able choose a much easier way than suffering all the way through whatever terminal illness or extreme mental pain. But if you can stay a bit longer and can still find a bit of joy in a few things, why not? Nobody can be happy all the time, even the most well adjusted people. For me, it's more about still being able to catch some positive moments. If I can't do that, then I know it's time.
I
Speaking from my own experience with trauma at a young age and also wanting to die for a long time...
I wished someone would have let me let me do it (via assisted ctb) when I wanted to do it first (with 9-10) ....yes, some things got better, I have more experiences now...but for what exactly?
Only to get back to this point and dying eventually anyways.
If I had died earlier I would have had kept my childish naivety (and some good memories as well) until the end and lacked the bitterness I got from more trauma over the years.
You know, I am in a pretty similar situation, but I don't feel bitter. It's not like I found the answer to the meaning of life, but for instance you being here for others is a good thing. I am happy that I was able to help some people, some animals... even when I myself felt really down. You know, my brother used to say we are alive in spite of our parents. There are a few good things in life that I can still see and even could enjoy sometime ago. I'm still trying to figure out if I can ever get back those moments while making peace with the fact that I may not and will have to ctb. But this perspective came out after a lot of thinking, analyzing, knowing and accepting myself. I just find it hard to believe ppl under 25 or so have the means to do it, not because there is something wrong with them, but it's just too early. Maybe some of them, but most of them not really. Please don't feel like I'm judging - I'm just stating what I noticed in me and others.

Last edited:
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
People under 18 aren't fully developed yet, specially children. No matter how "mature for their age" they might be, they don't have the actual perspective that comes with full development.
By most scientific research the brain does not finish developing until about 25. Should this site be banned to people 18-24?

18 is simply an arbitrary legal cutoff point that has been adopted by many societies for the ease of legal situations.

No, I don't think the site should be open to those under 18, I simply dislike this line of thinking.

WatermelonMel

WatermelonMel

Melon Master
Aug 19, 2019
I'm referring more to the minors who are lurking and haven't said anything but their parents still trace their browsing activity from this site after they've already died. There have also been users in the past who were active and turned out to be minors though thankfully once they were revealed they were indeed banned.

And yeah I know I'm being rude and presumptuous but I'd rather err on the side of caution. I'm not a mod or anyone with power so maybe true maturity would come from seeing my rant as the desperate and angry emotional plea that it is instead of a personal attack on anyone in particular, which my post really wasn't.
Fair enough, can never be too cautious with what's been going on recently. Ironically I was being assumptious by automatically thinking you were only referring to the OP, my bad haha.

Reactions: Dr Iron Arc
London2021

London2021

Jan 30, 2021
I think it is simply we want to believe you will find the hope and peace us older ones didn't. That you will be given the chance to do more than just ' survive '. Just that

Reactions: Isitmytime
Birdie

Birdie

Sep 19, 2020
By most scientific research the brain does not finish developing until about 25. Should this site be banned to people 18-24?

18 is simply an arbitrary legal cutoff point that has been adopted by many societies for the ease of legal situations.

No, I don't think the site should be open to those under 18, I simply dislike this line of thinking.
Because the brain of a child and the brain of people over 18 are in different levels of development. I don't think this is difficult to understand, and that's what my point is about. There is no noticeable difference between the development of adults, as noticeable between children and people over 18, even teenagers. That's what I'm talking about.