Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
I do have horrible aniety of going blind, but i dont know why exactly. And it is making me suicidal, because i think im going blind every moment now. Maybe because im nearsighted? Maybe because it seems my vision is getting worse? Maybe because near blindness would be the last straw to kill myself?

• Hugs
Reactions: Quitter, Painted Bird, LMFAO FOCKERS and 4 others
StillWaiting

StillWaiting

Need cats to comfort me
Jul 28, 2018
Is there a reason why you feel that way?

Reactions: Baskol1
HGL91

HGL91

Warlock
Jul 2, 2019
I do have horrible aniety of going blind, but i dont know why exactly. And it is making me suicidal, because i think im going blind every moment now. Maybe because im nearsighted? Maybe because it seems my vision is getting worse? Maybe because near blindness would be the last straw to kill myself?

You did have that incident recently running into the door, so it's not surprising you have that fear.

After totaling my car in December, I was terrified of driving. I had panic attacks and was paranoid that everyone was going to crash into me. Then I got so anxious, I was afraid I would crash and this time it wouldn't be from rain and not being able to afford to get my back tires replaced, but my brain fog from anxiety and tiredness from working 3 jobs.

Time healed that, but I still get anxious sometimes.

Reactions: Lennox, Painted Bird, Donewith_ and 1 other person
Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
You did have that incident recently running into the door, so it's not surprising you have that fear.

After totaling my car in December, I was terrified of driving. I had panic attacks and was paranoid that everyone was going to crash into me. Then I got so anxious, I was afraid I would crash and this time it wouldn't be from rain and not being able to afford to get my back tires replaced, but my brain fog from anxiety and tiredness from working 3 jobs.

No i had that before.
Blindness would make my life even worse.

But yes, the injury looks still terrifying and it was really close to blinding me.

Last edited:
BridgeJumper

BridgeJumper

The Arsonist
Apr 7, 2019
Omg!
I thought only I am like that!
Im down to excluding many possible substances I could kill myself with just because Ive read somewhere they can cause blindness if you fail. Im only going through with methods that will not make me go blind? Its so fucked up right?
For me, loosing my sight would me the last straw because Im an artist and so I need my eyes to create, and because all things that bring me what little joy I have in this life are things that can be seen - sunrise, swaying trees, blue sky. Id be fine with loosing my hearing because at least you can fix it with a cochlear implant. But cameras that restore sight run over 400 thousand dollars per one eye and Im broke.
Just please, please dont make me go blind while Im trying to die.

Baskol1

Baskol1

No life, no problems
Aug 11, 2019
Omg!
I thought only I am like that!
Im down to excluding many possible substances I could kill myself with just because Ive read somewhere they can cause blindness if you fail. Im only going through with methods that will not make me go blind? Its so fucked up right?
For me, loosing my sight would me the last straw because Im an artist and so I need my eyes to create, and because all things that bring me what little joy I have in this life are things that can be seen - sunrise, swaying trees, blue sky. Id be fine with loosing my hearing because at least you can fix it with a cochlear implant. But cameras that restore sight run over 400 thousand dollars per one eye and Im broke.
Just please, please dont make me go blind while Im trying to die.

Some day blindness can be cured, if humanity survives that long. Im skeptical. It doesnt look good for us.

Reactions: Strumgewehr
scorpiooo2

scorpiooo2

saddest grl
Aug 23, 2019
I have this awful fear of being paralyzed so I see where you're coming from withyou fear also.

Sorry for venting but, I just find complete paralysis awful, you just lay there and you can't do anything at all, you can't move, you can't talk, you just have to deal with it. Then your family may possibly want to keep you alive through that and you couldn't tell them not to because you can't say anything. I feel so bad for people who have to go through that because they most likely don't even want to be alive anymore and they're suffering inside their own head. I can't even begin to imagine what that feels like. I'm planning how I'm going to CTB and I'm looking for the most lethal ways to do it so I don't risk paralysis. I've told my family several times that if something ever happened to me and I was paralyzed to please just kill me. I still though don't think that they would.

Fears like this aren't rare and I totally get where you're coming from when you say you fear this so much.

Reactions: Empty Smile
snowman626

snowman626

Mage
Jan 28, 2019
I have the same fear yes. Why are the eyes so vital yet so vulnerable? All you gotta do is poke them a little bit and its injured, and if you cant see then you cant do anything. Evolutionaryily speaking Shouldnt they be better protected? Perhaps a hard see-through sort of bone thing that covers it? The only good thing is there are two eyes. And you can do pretty much everything with one eye that you can do with two so if you lose one your not totally focked yet
I have this awful fear of being paralyzed so I see where you're coming from withyou fear also.

Sorry for venting but, I just find complete paralysis awful, you just lay there and you can't do anything at all, you can't move, you can't talk, you just have to deal with it. Then your family may possibly want to keep you alive through that and you couldn't tell them not to because you can't say anything. I feel so bad for people who have to go through that because they most likely don't even want to be alive anymore and they're suffering inside their own head. I can't even begin to imagine what that feels like. I'm planning how I'm going to CTB and I'm looking for the most lethal ways to do it so I don't risk paralysis. I've told my family several times that if something ever happened to me and I was paralyzed to please just kill me. I still though don't think that they would.

Fears like this aren't rare and I totally get where you're coming from when you say you fear this so much.

Nature never intended for its creatures to continue living with paralysis, blindness, no limbs, etc. When animals get these things they starve and die or get eaten, this is the way its supposed to be. But human fuckwits like playing god/devil and to extend suffering in the guise of "saving lives" forcing life worse than death to become a possibility. What is the point of life when you cant even move? But oh if you wanna die than you're "selfish"...fuck right off.

Last edited:
nothingleft

nothingleft

Sep 1, 2019
I have the same fear yes. Why are the eyes so vital yet so vulnerable? All you gotta do is poke them a little bit and its injured, and if you cant see then you cant do anything. Evolutionaryily speaking Shouldnt they be better protected? Perhaps a hard see-through sort of bone thing that covers it? The only good thing is there are two eyes. And you can do pretty much everything with one eye that you can do with two so if you lose one your not totally focked yet

Nature never intended for its creatures to continue living with paralysis, blindness, no limbs, etc. When animals get these things they starve and die or get eaten, this is the way its supposed to be. But human fuckwits like playing god/devil and to extend suffering in the guise of "saving lives" forcing life worse than death to become a possibility. What is the point of life when you cant even move? But oh if you wanna die than you're "selfish"...fuck right off.

I totally agree with you. I think there was a rather famous movie(book?) about a soldier who became paralyzed and blind/deaf and it was basically about him wishing anyone taking care of him would have the mercy to let him rest (in peace).