Pomegranate

Pomegranate

"To die is gain."
Jan 21, 2022
Seriously. This fear of hell has annihilated my life. I can't go through a day without worrying incessantly about my fate. It seems like a deal too good to be true: just believe in something and get rich quick. But the difficulty lies in who to believe in. Even in Islam or Christianity, there are dozens, if not hundreds, of different sects. It seems like no matter where one was born, life is rigged against them from the start.

If hell is fictional, and I hope it is, I wish the person who invented it a big fuck you. I also wish the people who sustained this idea and predated on vulnerable people (esp. when they were children) an even bigger fuck you. It's really sad that there is no hell for you to enjoy after pitting billions into a fear their whole lives and deprived them of enjoying this world to the maximum. It's depressing how this universe is so impartial and indifferent. No matter how good or horrendous something can be, the universe goes on, as if nothing has happened.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, lonegore, Per Ardua Ad Astra and 1 other person
iDieUDie80

iDieUDie80

Arcanist
Jul 6, 2020
Ever heard of Zoroastrianism? One of, if not the oldest monotheistic religion from the Middle East? It undoubtedly inspired Yahweh and concepts in the Old Testament, both religions believe the world is in a constant battle between good and evil, both believe in heaven and hell, but the names of the god are switched. Zoroastrianism was first, so why doesn't it seem plausible to you that Ahura Mazda is sending you to hell, and more plausible that Yahweh is sending you to hell? Every story in Genesis is stolen from older myths as well. Trust me, none of this is real. People invented the afterlife and gods to fill the voids in their knowledge and seek comfort, and like you mention, instill fear into subjects so that they would serve the godhead and his representatives on earth.

Reactions: d3j3ct3dl0s3r05 and Per Ardua Ad Astra
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

šŸŽµ Be all, end all šŸŽµ
Apr 17, 2023
Read The History of Hell or History of the afterlife by bart erhman. You'll see how the idea evolved and that it's human in origin.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, iDieUDie80 and Per Ardua Ad Astra
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Religions are man made and they are indoctrinated beliefs to control the masses! There is neither hell nor heaven after death we go into nothingness or there is pure energy around which imo equals the quantum vaccum energy that is everywhere in the universe and probably beyond it.

OP sorry you have to go through this, it's horrible, try to see it in a different way! I hope you can find peace!

Reactions: kernel_panic, iDieUDie80 and Per Ardua Ad Astra
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It must be awful having that fear, the only hell I personally fear is this existence as there is endless potential to suffer as long as one is trapped here, I believe death to be peaceful, perfect non-existence free from all harm. To me any theories like that are all fictional, I think it's truly so horrible brainwashing people into believing that, humans really do create so much harm in this hellish reality.

Reactions: Pomegranate and Per Ardua Ad Astra
SolomonKado

SolomonKado

This is taking too longā€¦
Jul 4, 2023
what I hate the most is how you have to follow a certain set of rules so you can go to heaven. You can try to follow them all your life while watching a lot of other people treat you like shit. Why are they not following the rules? Is there no rules to begin with?

I really didn't want to go to hell and tried my best to follow them, but that caused me a lot of mental issues and afraid to be around people. How is this right? I am living this life the best I can and in the end I'm going to be judged?! How the fuck is that fair!?

Also how I want to end it is supposedly going to send me straight to hell to be refusedā€¦. Fuck that it's horribleā€¦ we are just fucked from what that religion says no matter what we doā€¦

Reactions: Praestat_Mori