a.n.kirillov

a.n.kirillov

velle non discitur
Nov 17, 2019
Title. Love him, he has such a sharp intellect and a simplicity of thought that cuts right through any high browed wordplay BS that he reminds me of Plato's Socrates in many ways; sure he has his blind spots (he's a misogynist at times just to name one of them) but usually he employs the principle of charity, i.e. seldomly straw man's them and he has great intellectual honesty.

Even though much of his content is ten years old by now, he is still at the forefront of many pro choice issues (he has an old channel dedicated to suicide, can't remember the name right now), as well as veganism, antinatalism and so on; can't say much about his economic views though since I'm not very interested in economics in general.

His philosophy of efilism (reproduction, consumption, cannibalism and addiction) is simple and straight forward and free from any attempts to vindicate the continuation of human life or the human condition. Thus far I haven't found any major flaws in it.

So please share your thoughts about inmendham, efilism, and so on let's maybe get an interesting discussion going.

GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
I sincerely hope no one here finds my personal position to be incendiary or negating. The OP solicited sharing thoughts on Inmemdham and Efilism, so I share mine.

When I joined SS, I visited Inmendham's efilism page out of curiosity and I found numerous rhetorical fallacies of logic. Secondary to that, I am as uncomfortable with his misogyny as I would be with someone who hates men; I cannot respect or follow a leader who blatantly devalues and negates others. I am as uncomfortable with his fiery passion and vitriol as Hitler's. I came to the personal conclusion that he has a charismatic magnetism, and that his stance and solutions are as desirable to some as a religion or a left- or right-wing political ideology are to others.

I know a lot of people here on SS are efilists, people whose contributions I value, so I don't judge or dislike them, I just set this ideology aside as I would any other that I don't personally agree with. I sense that efilism and anti-natalism speak to their pain and their virtues, and I do not judge them for embracing what they feel validates and supports them. When they speak to me, it is usually with great compassion and intelligence, so this ideology has no impact on my interactions with or respect for them.

Last edited: