• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
John Stewart is again host of The Daily Show. Many people celebrate him for example one of my favorite Youtubers. There were some segments of Stewart that were hillarious. He is honest and not like many other corporate ghouls deeply corrupt. However, I sometimes (not that seldom) I have to cringe. But I think this is common if you are introduced to a new comedian at least for me. It is like the Trump cult effect. You just get used to. Instead of cringing after the 1001th time you just have to giggle. The comparison is not perfect. Recently I read in a Swiss newspaper there was a battle between Stewart and Greg Gutfeld. I was not aware Gutfeld is also a comedian he is the most stupid asshole on Fox I truely despise him. But I should not get too political maybe it is now too late for that. lol.

I am more educated on the German comedian sphere. There are also battles between right and leftwing comedians. About political correctness etc.
I really liked Jan Böhmermann. Maybe you heard of him he was involved in an insult of majesty Erdogan. However he has become a bitter social justice warrior. He has become so extreme and sort of toxic. He calls everyone who disagrees with him politically a nazi. Which is so fucking stupid. The old Jan Böhmermann was great. I think the best comparison would still be Stewart. Böhermann mixes journalism with comedy now. The coups are often paper tigers. There is also social engagement where he tries to tackle major societal problems. Some shows were in my opinion really great. But others rather self-serving, self-centred and "moralinsauer" really hard to translate. Through and through hypermoralistic. Still I have the feeling it is not comedy anymore if you want to solve societal problems with your shows. From a comedian perspective I like his old shows way way more. Nowadays he always has an agenda for each show which societal ill has to be deconstructed. You really notice from each week to each week that they are running out of ideas. I also like sometimes political incorrect jokes. But it really depends some are completely tastless and it depends on the intentions of the speaker. The topic is not black and white.

Then there is Oliver Welke. He is very similar to Steven Colbert in my opinion. In my opinion he is better than Colbert. However many German comedians especially leftwingers are accused to divide our society even further. And there might be some truth in it. Comedy is often not nuanced. It is often black-white thinking. Especially if the comedian feels obliged to serve a higher purpose and cater to one specific audience. It can become pretty shallow.

Sometimes I found Trevor Noah funny. But he is just another corporate ghoul.

My observations are pretty surperficial concerning the American comedians I don't watch them regularly.

There are other German and Austrian comedians. Right-wingers have to attack minorities with every single joke which is lame too. The punchlines are so predictable.

The most controversial comedian comes from Austria probably. (from the German speaking countries) It is Lisa Eckhart. I think in Germany she is often censored because she is infamous for her jokes about Jews. Many of them are tasteless in my opinion but still should be covered by free speech. For everyone who speaks German here is a great interview of her.

There are probably many more comedian I only covered comedians who are hosts of shows in the US.

I think for many reading this thread might be sort of a waste of time because noone is interested in German comedians. But I at least I have some knolwedge on them in contrast to the Anglosphere.

Last edited:
Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
John Stewart is again host of The Daily Show. Many people celebrate him for example one of my favorite Youtubers. There were some segments of Stewart that were hillarious. He is honest and not like many other corporate ghouls deeply corrupt. However, I sometimes (not that seldom) I have to cringe. But I think this is common if you are introduced to a new comedian at least for me. It is like the Trump cult effect. You just get used to. Instead of cringing after the 1001th time you just have to giggle. The comparison is not perfect. Recently I read in a Swiss newspaper there was a battle between Stewart and Greg Gutfeld. I was not aware Gutfeld is also a comedian he is the most stupid asshole on Fox I truely despise him. But I should not get too political maybe it is now too late for that. lol.

I am more educated on the German comedian sphere. There are also battles between right and leftwing comedians. About political correctness etc.
I really liked Jan Böhmermann. Maybe you heard of him he was involved in an insult of majesty Erdogan. However he has become a bitter social justice warrior. He has become so extreme and sort of toxic. He calls everyone who disagrees with him politically a nazi. Which is so fucking stupid. The old Jan Böhmermann was great. I think the best comparison would still be Stewart. Böhermann mixes journalism with comedy now. The coups are often paper tigers. There is also social engagement where he tries to tackle major societal problems. Some shows were in my opinion really great. But others rather self-serving, self-centred and "moralinsauer" really hard to translate. Through and through hypermoralistic. Still I have the feeling it is not comedy anymore if you want to solve societal problems with your shows. From a comedian perspective I like his old shows way way more. Nowadays he always has an agenda for each show which societal ill has to be deconstructed. You really notice from each week to each week that they are running out of ideas. I also like sometimes political incorrect jokes. But it really depends some are completely tastless and it depends on the intentions of the speaker. The topic is not black and white.

Then there is Oliver Welke. He is very similar to Steven Colbert in my opinion. In my opinion he is better than Colbert. However many German comedians especially leftwingers are accused to divide our society even further. And there might be some truth in it. Comedy is often not nuanced. It is often black-white thinking. Especially if the comedian feels obliged to serve a higher purpose and cater to one specific audience. It can become pretty shallow.

Sometimes I found Trevor Noah funny. But he is just another corporate ghoul.

My observations are pretty surperficial concerning the American comedians I don't watch them regularly.

There are other German and Austrian comedians. Right-wingers have to attack minorities with every single joke which is lame too. The punchlines are so predictable.

The most controversial comedian comes from Austria probably. (from the German speaking countries) It is Lisa Eckhart. I think in Germany she is often censored because she is infamous for her jokes about Jews. Many of them are tasteless in my opinion but still should be covered by free speech. For everyone who speaks German here is a great interview of her.

There are probably many more comedian I only covered comedians who are hosts of shows in the US.

I think for many reading this thread might be sort of a waste of time because noone is interested in German comedians. But I at least I have some knolwedge on them in contrast to the Anglosphere.

I don't listen to comedians much anymore, but I remember previously seeing a German comedian on TV, Henning Wehn. He was based in the UK, and his act was all about that, the unusual things about being a German living in the UK. He was pretty funny.

Dylan Moran was one of my old favourites.
Here's a fairly old bit of his about Americans:

Reactions: ThymeToLeave
persimmon

persimmon

Jan 21, 2024
I kind of feel like no one f*cks with Doug Stanhope in this form.