• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I think this phenomenon is global. I watch American YouTubers and they get the same shitty TEMU ads. It is so obviously a scam. Or at least deception. But so many people are too greedy and fall for it. My sister ordered something there and wondered that the quality is shit. Not sure what she ordered. But hell I can't imagine that 2 bucks for new brand shoes/jackets etc. might be a suspicious deal. I dodge the media reporting on it because I have to see these ads so often and I am simply annoyed. Usually I have ad blocker on and but not on my phone for example. How can people be so blind and believe they give good quality products almost for free.?I think there are also bait games where they depict it like you won something for free on their website.

I watched the German TV news and they said: Within the last 6 months 25% of all Germans have ordered something on this platform...holy shit. I only know one person. I have watched a video of a laywer that said you can get into legal trouble, might have to pay taxes or fees. if you order there. (potentially not sure about the laws in other countries). Of course many products fail Western product quality tests so it might incease the chance for getting cancer for example I assume.

They also said that 200 k parcels arrive to Germany every single day from TEMU. (devastating for the enviironment, sustainability)
That experts consider it a potential threat for Amazon in the market dominance. After learnig this fact I am interested to learn more about Temu. The information I have so far is very superficial. The conglomerate/ bigger company behind it seemingly has a lot of capital. So China aims to get market shares of Amazon seemingly. Holy shit this thread contains so much half-knowledge and speculations. I should do better research but I am so exhausted. I feel sort of manic but I soon have exams and need to study so fucking hard. I am so scared about devloping a new manic episode I sleep so fucking poorly. Fuck my life.

What were your experiences with Temu? Is my description of the quality accurate?

• Hugs
Reactions: doormat25
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I thought it would be dodgy too. I ordered a few things that I had every confidence wouldn't turn up and/or would be awful but they turned up on time and were comparable quality to most other things I've ordered of the same type.

Probably depends on what you're buying but I mean- a lot of stuff on Ebay has probably been made in the same places!

I was skeptical but pleasantly surprised. It likely does vary though. Don't they have guarantees though- the same as Ebay?

• Informative
Reactions: noname223
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I thought it would be dodgy too. I ordered a few things that I had every confidence wouldn't turn up and/or would be awful but they turned up on time and were comparable quality to most other things I've ordered of the same type.

Probably depends on what you're buying but I mean- a lot of stuff on Ebay has probably been made in the same places!

I was skeptical but pleasantly surprised. It likely does vary though. Don't they have guarantees though- the same as Ebay?
I cannot answer the quesion you pose in the last sentence. But I have made so far almost only very good experiences with Ebay. (which seems to be seldom.)

mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
I bloody love the site. Everything I've brought been good. It's cheap and buying makes me happy.

Tesha

Tesha

Life too shall pass
May 31, 2020
There are reports the site is illegally harvesting data from users, uses forced labour and produces articles that don't meet western safety requirements. It's not a place I'd use, but if you have and you're happy with the product, then 🤷🏻‍♀️