• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

pebpebpebpeb

pebpebpebpeb

i have no enemies
Apr 1, 2020
yup. when i was in a mental hospital, they cycled me through new meds almost every week. i felt like a different person every med change i had, it was awful. the medicines they put me on didn't even work because it takes about a month for the full effects to kick in.

i've heard prozac has been really unstable for most people as well. medicines in general feel like a scam, but i suppose they can help people. it's all about "finding what works for you", which for me, has taken years and is still ongoing. i'd say my worst medicine experience is when i was weaning off of an SNRI. i was very sick and sensitive to everything for about 2 weeks, it felt like hell at the time.

and of course SSRI's numbed me to all hell... to the point when i got off of them i had to relearn all of my emotions and how to deal with them.

tldr: medicines suck. you're not alone.

E

ExitEd

Mar 13, 2024
Yes, several. SSRI's (like fluoxetine or escitalopram) triggered hypomania for me. It felt like I was rolling on Molly. Very euphoric but it also messed me up and changed my personality. That can be a sign of bipolar (but not always). Eventually I built up a tolerance to them and they don't do much of anything for me anymore.

I used to be very pro-medication but I'm a lot more wary now. They are worth a try. Sometimes they can get you through the rough patches in life. But they do have nasty side effects sometimes.

vak

vak

🙃💕
Feb 13, 2024
I experienced almost all the advertised adverse effects of SSRIs without any benefit whatsoever, the completely random panic attacks, gradually increasing and feeling fresh every day, were the worst. I empathize deeply with anyone suffering from anxiety disorders - it's torture. I genuinely though I will go crazy at some point.

The psychiatrist took me off them and said that he had nothing else to offer me because SSRIs all work in a similar manner, and I should continue with therapy because he was absolutely sure it would help me. I continued, he was wrong, and here we are.

pebpebpebpeb

pebpebpebpeb

i have no enemies
Apr 1, 2020
he had nothing else to offer me because SSRIs all work in a similar manner
weird. does your doctor not prescribe SNRIs or any other class of medicines? does he not realize that there are other anxiety meds out there outside the realm of SSRIs? that's really strange, but maybe i do not have the whole story.

Kta1994

Kta1994

Experienced
Apr 25, 2019
Oh yes, too much details that i wont go into it now but i still take mirtazapine because my mom insists i shouldnt stop

Reactions: lucas28481
vak

vak

🙃💕
Feb 13, 2024
weird. does your doctor not prescribe SNRIs or any other class of medicines? does he not realize that there are other anxiety meds out there outside the realm of SSRIs? that's really strange, but maybe i do not have the whole story.
I can't comment on his skills, he was a very young doctor and required supervision. Perhaps he made a mistake, but I didn't question him. At that time, I didn't have a diagnosis, I was referred by my therapist. So, he diagnosed me with generalized anxiety disorder, explaining that it might not be the final diagnosis since he needed to have me diagnosed with something in case of a healthcare insurance audit.

We tried this for like six weeks, then he asked if I still continue with my therapy, and when I said yes he ended our consultations.

Reactions: pebpebpebpeb
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
Yup. And they will get away with it most of the time except a lawsuit here and there which accomplish nothing.

Most people are naive of dangers of meds but it is what it is. If it's meant to be they will get burned like I did. I was also naive when it comes to authority in general. Now I doubt everything.

Especially what I put in my body.

Reactions: vak
sapphoslastpoem

sapphoslastpoem

Jun 23, 2022
yup. when i was in a mental hospital, they cycled me through new meds almost every week. i felt like a different person every med change i had, it was awful. the medicines they put me on didn't even work because it takes about a month for the full effects to kick in.

i've heard prozac has been really unstable for most people as well. medicines in general feel like a scam, but i suppose they can help people. it's all about "finding what works for you", which for me, has taken years and is still ongoing. i'd say my worst medicine experience is when i was weaning off of an SNRI. i was very sick and sensitive to everything for about 2 weeks, it felt like hell at the time.

and of course SSRI's numbed me to all hell... to the point when i got off of them i had to relearn all of my emotions and how to deal with them.

I was on Zoloft for about 7 years, from the age of 7 to about 14 years old. I felt like I was on autopilot for most of my life and I probably was due to a combination of trauma, my autism and being put on high dose SSRIs. Once I hit middle school, I started recognizing how numb I felt all of the time and how much I fucking hated it, but the moment my dad found out that I wasn't taking my meds, he'd hurt me. They eventually stopped numbing me up enough to make me tolerable for others once I hit puberty and since then I haven't found anything else that works, I don't really know if I even want to, I just wish I wasn't born so I wouldn't have to worry about it in the first place lol

S

sanitystruggle

Experienced
Mar 12, 2024
Fluoxetine gave me the most severe anxiety I've ever experienced along with panic attacks. Lurasidone caused dramatic akathesia. I couldn't sit still for five minutes and spent weeks pacing and constantly moving around. Those are by far the worst reactions I've had from a wide range of psychiatric meds through the years. Most of them did nothing to help, but at least they didn't cause drastic side effects.

L

lucas28481

Feb 26, 2024

the mental hospital part sounds rough, did you consent to the meds?, there are lots of stories of meds beings forced down people in mental hospitals
Fluoxetine gave me the most severe anxiety I've ever experienced along with panic attacks. Lurasidone caused dramatic akathesia. I couldn't sit still for five minutes and spent weeks pacing and constantly moving around. Those are by far the worst reactions I've had from a wide range of psychiatric meds through the years. Most of them did nothing to help, but at least they didn't cause drastic side effects.
that sounds like a nightmare, akathesia is supposed to be extremely rare but i hear about it all the time… 🤔
I was on Zoloft for about 7 years, from the age of 7 to about 14 years old. I felt like I was on autopilot for most of my life and I probably was due to a combination of trauma, my autism and being put on high dose SSRIs. Once I hit middle school, I started recognizing how numb I felt all of the time and how much I fucking hated it, but the moment my dad found out that I wasn't taking my meds, he'd hurt me. They eventually stopped numbing me up enough to make me tolerable for others once I hit puberty and since then I haven't found anything else that works, I don't really know if I even want to, I just wish I wasn't born so I wouldn't have to worry about it in the first place lol
At 7 years old is crazy, putting SSRIs on people at that age is criminal, so sorry you had to go through that for seven years, My parents tried to scare me into going into a mental hospital if i didn't take them even if i'm 20, glad i only took their BS for 2 months

Last edited:
sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
I've never taken antidepressants, but I have taken Buspar, propranolol, Ritalin and Adderall. They say that medicine is 3 parts poison though so hopefully they didn't do any damage to my brain lol.

Last edited:
pebpebpebpeb

pebpebpebpeb

i have no enemies
Apr 1, 2020
the mental hospital part sounds rough, did you consent to the meds?, there are lots of stories of meds beings forced down people in mental hospitals
i didn't have to consent, only my parents did since i was a minor at the time (13). i've never liked medicine, but i'm forced to take them to this day because my parents monitor me so closely. i hate mental hospitals, especially for children. the amount of horror stories i've both heard and seen disgust me.

L

lucas28481

Feb 26, 2024
i didn't have to consent, only my parents did since i was a minor at the time (13). i've never liked medicine, but i'm forced to take them to this day because my parents monitor me so closely. i hate mental hospitals, especially for children. the amount of horror stories i've both heard and seen disgust me.
damn, wish you the best!

• Love
Reactions: pebpebpebpeb
Malaria

Malaria

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead
Feb 24, 2024
I've been on various meds and all of them give me bad side effects. I start shaking, my chest hurts, I feel faint, so on and so forth.

I remember when I was at the psych ward I was pumped with meds and when I was discharged, they would make me shake involuntarily and my toes would curl involuntarily too. I also don't like how they make me gain weight and my libido isn't as strong.

twin size mattress

twin size mattress

Oct 1, 2023
I've been on a bunch of different medications but the only ones that i've had particularly terrible experiences with were zoloft and mirtazapine. I felt like i couldnt think on zoloft and when i was on mirtazapine i couldnt stay awake for more than four to five hours at a time, and thats just the tip of the iceberg.

PlathWannaBe

PlathWannaBe

Nov 15, 2019
Yes, SSRI's have destroyed my life. They gave me PSSD, and have basically ruined my sexuality. I've been off meds for almost 4 years, and have had very little improvement.

Try to avoid psychiatric meds if you can. A lot of psychiatric meds (especially for anxiety and depression) are no better than a placebo.

P

paintedwreath

Mar 7, 2024
Yes, SSRI's have destroyed my life. They gave me PSSD, and have basically ruined my sexuality. I've been off meds for almost 4 years, and have had very little improvement.

Try to avoid psychiatric meds if you can. A lot of psychiatric meds (especially for anxiety and depression) are no better than a placebo.
SSRI's are also the reason I'm here :/

PFS first, but an SSRI caused my symptoms to come back.

L

lucas28481

Feb 26, 2024

I've heard about PSSD, I'm amazed psychiatrists are not obliged to talk about when prescribing it, I've heard of no other medicine that can have permanent side effects like that

PlathWannaBe

PlathWannaBe

Nov 15, 2019
I've heard about PSSD, I'm amazed psychiatrists are not obliged to talk about when prescribing it, I've heard of no other medicine that can have permanent side effects like that
There are many medications that can have permanent side effects that your doctor either doesn't know about or won't tell you about.

Accutane, SSRI's and Finasteride for example can all cause lasting sexual damage. Women who are pregnant can't take accutane, because it can cause massive birth defects.

And some anti psychotics can cause permanent side effects like akasthisia and Dyskinesia. It's absolutely crazy. A ton of meds are just poison.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
There are many medications that can have permanent side effects that your doctor either doesn't know about or won't tell you about.

Accutane, SSRI's and Finasteride for example can all cause lasting sexual damage. Women who are pregnant can't take accutane, because it can cause massive birth defects.

And some anti psychotics can cause permanent side effects like akasthisia and Dyskinesia. It's absolutely crazy. A ton of meds are just poison.
What about propranolol and buspar? Those are the ones that I took

Reactions: marchshift
PlathWannaBe

PlathWannaBe

Nov 15, 2019
What about propranolol and buspar? Those are the ones that I took
It is possible with Buspar. I've never taken it, but I know it has an effect on serotonin.

I have taken propranolol on many occasions. I don't think it causes any long term side effects, but that's just my experience.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
It is possible with Buspar. I've never taken it, but I know it has an effect on serotonin.

I have taken propranolol on many occasions. I don't think it causes any long term side effects, but that's just my experience.
What effect on serotonin? Maybe it damaged my brain lol

Reactions: marchshift
B

bipbapbop

Experienced
Mar 7, 2024
I have been on every single antidepressant, mood stabilizer, and anti seizure medicine from 11-18 without my consent. It really fucked me up and I have a ton of trauma regarding meds and hospitals now. The most unfortunate part is that I'm now in dire need of meds because my depression is so severe but I can't get myself to take any so I'm just stuck. 🙃

U

unabletocope

I'd like to shut down
Mar 13, 2024
I have been on meds on and off since 2015, still on them been through a bunch of them, some work better than others but I still want to kill myself

borderlinee

borderlinee

Oct 6, 2023
I've been on antidepressants, antipsychotics, stimulants and benzos. They all fucked me up and is my main reason why I'm suicidal. I'm completely numb, can't concrete, can't memorize anything, have barely any thoughts or personality left.

• Aww..
Reactions: limeoctave
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
I've been on antidepressants, antipsychotics, stimulants and benzos. They all fucked me up and is my main reason why I'm suicidal. I'm completely numb, can't concrete, can't memorize anything, have barely any thoughts or personality left.
Which stimulants? I was on ritalin and adderall. Maybe they made me numb as well…

divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Enlightened
Jan 1, 2024
I have been on every single antidepressant, mood stabilizer, and anti seizure medicine from 11-18 without my consent. It really fucked me up and I have a ton of trauma regarding meds and hospitals now. The most unfortunate part is that I'm now in dire need of meds because my depression is so severe but I can't get myself to take any so I'm just stuck. 🙃
Have you tried ketamine infusions? It didn't help me but helps some people. They are expensive though