bigj75

bigj75

“From Knowledge springs power."
Sep 1, 2018
I wonder what causes parents to abuse their children. Seems like the cruelest thing since children never asked to be born.

Reactions: Deutsch, betteroffdead, and 10 others and 1 other person
U

useless

left
Aug 30, 2018
I wonder what causes parents to abuse their children. Seems like the cruelest thing since children never asked to be born.
Physical abuse is easily attributed to impulsivity and frustration, sexual abuse is at least understandable from a warped perspective, but even after 4 years of research I still cannot wrap my mind around psychological abuse. How can someone treat their own children worse than animals out of hatred? How can you even hate a child enough to want to psychologically destroy them, day after day?

Reactions: lv-gras and Deutsch
bigj75

bigj75

“From Knowledge springs power."
Sep 1, 2018
Physical abuse is easily attributed to impulsivity and frustration, sexual abuse is at least understandable from a warped perspective, but even after 4 years of research I still cannot wrap my mind around psychological abuse. How can someone treat their own children worse than animals out of hatred? How can you even hate a child enough to want to psychologically destroy them, day after day?
I think alot of it is out of spite. They feel as though they were treated unfairly so why should anyone else get to be treated fairly.

Reactions: useless and Deutsch