• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

T

thats_a_wrap

Jun 1, 2020
Legit worst time of the year. All the pressure to buy things - I lost my job because of the fucked up lockdowns, the pressure to go to events with people I despise. Do this, do that. You have to act a certain way. You have to take happiness and if you can't, you've ruined it for everyone There is such a big build up all for what? Because we are told by society we should all act a certain way towards the end of the year? If I make it to xmas, I reckon I'll have another panic attack and breakdown and have to make up an excuse not to go to family gatherings and instead spend the day in bed by myself planning my suicide again.

Fuck Christmas.

Gromit-CTB

Gromit-CTB

time for ctb
Nov 14, 2020
Last year was the first "ok" Christmas I have had in 20 years. Having to go through a "normal hell on earth" Christmas this year alone will destroy me. I wish my CTB would have worked yesterday but I am still hoping my other plans work and I can leave this hell asap.

D

Desi

Student
Aug 16, 2019
If you're absolutely alone, why not go to midnight mass, just suggesting. It's something.
ps: is it even allowed this year ? I don't even know that

Reactions: x~Sophia~x
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
Only good thing about basically all my extended family being estranged from my immediate family. My immediate family doesn't really have a big holiday spirit either.

Reactions: stygal
S

sephlove

Nov 22, 2020
Legit worst time of the year. All the pressure to buy things - I lost my job because of the fucked up lockdowns, the pressure to go to events with people I despise. Do this, do that. You have to act a certain way. You have to take happiness and if you can't, you've ruined it for everyone There is such a big build up all for what? Because we are told by society we should all act a certain way towards the end of the year? If I make it to xmas, I reckon I'll have another panic attack and breakdown and have to make up an excuse not to go to family gatherings and instead spend the day in bed by myself planning my suicide again.

Fuck Christmas.

Say you have corona and can't leave and no one can come over. Then after 2 weeks say you're all good.

Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
I wanna get gifts but I'm too broke to buy some nice stuff and no one really likes home made things lol. I don't like the part where I'm forced to sit at the dinner table and eat stuff and all the things. I don't find Christmas special aside from the gifts. It just feels like another day. I don't have any seasonal spirit Christmas energy or whatever bs

• Hugs
Reactions: Fehler and stygal
shijsrzh

shijsrzh

Deluded Moron
Dec 2, 2020
The atmosphere is nice. It's romantic. But other than that, I detest it. Makes our phoney society even more hypocritical. Everybody talking about love, yet all we do is continue to abuse, begrudge and lie to each other. Continuing to look out for our own hides, live at the expense of others' misery and destroy nature like the rest of the year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fehler and stygal
stygal

stygal

low-wage worker
Oct 29, 2020
I always loved the quiet atmosphere and some of the decorations at other places (not my own home)...so there's that.
But in general I can fully understand why people and OP hate it and feel pressured.
It turned into a day of utter consumption and phony love assertions that you don't hear or get to feel during the rest of the year.
Maybe you could tell your family you're sick to avoid seeing them?
Maybe you could take something to lessen the anxiety?
I hope everything turns out okay for you.
Sending some positive thoughts and hugs!

Fehler

Fehler

Oct 12, 2020
Bad times, for me the worst are family dinners... annoying questions, having to be acting (taking into account that they do not know my intentions). I told my mother that this year I would not go but since it is something that matters so much to her and one of the few people I love, I will surely end up going ... just for her. I thought ctb the week after christmas anyway

Reactions: voyager
fixitinpost

fixitinpost

Arriving Somewhere But Not Here
Oct 20, 2020
I've decided I'm going to bunker up with food, bury myself in work and projects, disable my phone, not talk to anyone, and go to bed early on the 31st. Basically pretend like the whole thing doesn't exist.

lotus11

lotus11

Experienced
May 18, 2019
always hated Christmas, shit weather, dark, cold, people spend too much money on shit, people eat too much and get fat, people drink too much and get drunk, annoying songs, religious things like going to church usually from people who wouldn't even bother going the rest of the year, forced to spend time with annoying family members....the list goes on...

voyager

voyager

Don't you dare go hollow...
Nov 25, 2019
I actually like Christmas but it's been ages since I've gotten into the spirit, so I'll just try to go along with the flow and mask my inner misery. Have occasionally tried to get into the mood again but to no avail. Truth is it's at the opposite end of the spectrum of where my mind is at. Do still like Christmas trees, decorations outside, and snow, but it's more aestethic than actual fuzzy feelings inside.

Swimbike

Swimbike

Sep 14, 2020
Not looking forward to it at all. I'll mask my feelings and slip under the radar as usual. I'm feeling overwhelmed again after 27 days of normality. I haven't slept for more than a few hours in weeks. No appetite.

The thought of Christmas excess just ain't helping. I wonder whether there's a recognised condition that I have amongst all this pain? Feel like crying tbh. It really doesn't change anything to label it. Just curious.

I have everything I need to ctb now. I decided I won't have my death define Christmas for my family. Ironic isn't it? Loser, loser, Turkey dinner.

Merry Christmas everyone xx

L

lonerclown666

Mage
Dec 1, 2020
I hate christmas decorations i hate the fake happiness of the holidays

M

Mongo

Jan 28, 2020
My mother killed herself during this season. My brother chose his birthday To CTB.
I have tried to like this season, but my girlfriend pretty much killed the spirit for me.
My birthday falls 3 days before Xmas.
I don't much like the season.

ThrownAwayTom

ThrownAwayTom

Experienced
Oct 3, 2020
Last year I pretended I had work on Xmas eve til 6pm so I could spend xmas eve to boxing day on my own when my family went away.

Can't do that this year - it's going to be fucking terrible.

Neowise

Neowise

We fly and fly but never reach our destination.
Oct 7, 2020
I hate Christmas because of the fake happiness and the fake love. People tell you they love you during Christmas but they don't tell you that throughout the rest of the year. Suddenly you are super important when everyone usually just treats you like shit. And then you have to give and accept super expensive gifts no one needs as a sign of love and obey weird traditions such as listening to christmas songs, eating lots of fancy food and going to church to pray for the poor ones while throwing out so much money for this "festivity of love".

It's all hypocrisy.

Seul

Seul

Dec 3, 2020
Talking about Christmas makes me cry most of the time. I think it's just too stressful and it seems unrealistic to suddenly become better and enjoy this one holiday just because the rest of my family does. It's also making me stress about whether to start buying everyone gifts or rush to ctb before Christmas