P

pua

Nov 19, 2019
İn The Three-Step Theory ,you must have 3 of them if you want to catch the bus

1.hopelesness and unbearable psychological or emotional pain

2. Connectedness (one's attachment to a job, project, role, interest, or any sense of perceived purpose or meaning that keeps one invested in living) must be absent or less than the pain

3.Suicide capacity:
a. Dispositional (relevant variables that are driven largely by genetics, such as pain sensitivity )
b. Acquired ( habituation to experiences associated with pain, injury, fear, and death )
c. Practical ( concrete factors that make a suicide attempt easier )

https://www2.psych.ubc.ca/~klonsky/publications/3ST.pdf

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Marauder, pthnrdnojvsc, Zilch and 6 others
K

Kat!

Elementalist
Sep 30, 2020
Hm I mean, I have the means of doing so, but not the means I want, definitely hopeless at this point though. So 2/3..? I think.

Reactions: Meditation guide
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
My main problem is 3-b. I just hate pain and hurting myself.
When I tried hanging, I chickened out after some seconds lol

• Hugs
Reactions: Marauder
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
I am hopeless, numb beyond pain, but my SI is a monster. I need to die asap.

• Aww..
Reactions: Marauder, Ramirez, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga and 1 other person
Bull in a China shop

Bull in a China shop

Self destruction button in play
Oct 21, 2020
I don't have the problem with not going ahead with it, I have failed in last attempts because I didn't plan it out right.

P

pua

Nov 19, 2019
I am hopeless, numb beyond pain, but my SI is a monster. I need to die asap.

experiences associated with fear, and death like bungee jumping or skydiving etc. can help u for beating the SI

woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
experiences associated with fear, and death like bungee jumping or skydiving etc. can help u for beating the SI

I have been through a lot of terrifying events, but here I am.

I think the problem is, dying is forced on me. I always had to clean up my husband's shit and trash, now he forces me to clean myself up like trash. Since he decided to have me dead, he should have the decency to kill me himself. Why do I always have to do everything for him?

• Aww..
Reactions: x~Sophia~x
deathbyginger

deathbyginger

Student
Oct 24, 2019
Thanks for sharing this. That was an interesting read.

I could only disagree with the progressive model. I rather think that all 3 of the factors arise together, in an disorderly fashion, to influence a suicide attempt.

I would have to say that I hit 1 & 3. What has kept me going is the connectedness, or more specifically the obligation of the connectedness through work and school. I keep telling myself to wait until the holidays, and then reassess when I don't have obligations so I can make a peaceful and stress-free exit if I wish.

P

pua

Nov 19, 2019
Thanks for sharing this. That was an interesting read.

I could only disagree with the progressive model. I rather think that all 3 of the factors arise together, in an disorderly fashion, to influence a suicide attempt.

I would have to say that I hit 1 & 3. What has kept me going is the connectedness, or more specifically the obligation of the connectedness through work and school. I keep telling myself to wait until the holidays, and then reassess when I don't have obligations so I can make a peaceful and stress-free exit if I wish.

i stuck on unbearable pain, i think my pain is not enough to die

• Hugs
Reactions: deathbyginger and mahakaliSS_MahaDurga