• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I don't know statistics but I know way more men who are interested in politics than women. Maybe this is a fallacy. However one indicator might be there are less female politicians.

Maybe there is a lot of sexism and discrimination towards female politicians. I think women get more often mocked when they are obsese in politics. They are more often reduced to their body. Probably a lot of women don't like to be treated this way. For example there were fake nudes of a female politician in my country. Never heard that something like that happened to a man in my country.

Maybe it is a stereotype and women are less interested in machiavellianism. I don't necessarily think that. But maybe this game is harder for them because men often ally with each other against potentially powerful women.

Angela Merkel is a great example for a powerful woman. Some pundits said. The fact she is a woman was a huge disadvantage and she had to compensate that through her abilities. I think this is kind of true. But as we know now not all her decisions were helpful.

Then there is also the way women have to present themselves in politics. In the past they had to look masculine and tried to avoid to look like a woman who cares a lot about her outer appearance. Maybe some of them are disgusted in which role they are forced by other people. But there is also a new notion of female politicians I think. It is all in a development.

To the core of the title I am not sure whether women are generally less interested to talk about politics. I know less women than men so I might be biased.

What is your opinion on it?

K

Kawika12

Jan 8, 2023
American women just vote for whoever the Hollywood mob tells them to.

Reactions: newave3