FireFox

FireFox

Enlightened
Apr 8, 2020
Hello Everyone

I want us to have an interesting discussion and i would love everyone to contribute

During the lockdown people kept asking when will we ever go back to normal life.

I ask myself where we ever normal? What is normal?

Over the years society , our familes , religion etc has conditioned us to believe normal living is going to work, paying the bills, getting married and ulimately old age

Society has never encouraged people to explore alternative ways of living.

Alternative ways of living include
-living in a hippy commune
- off the grid lifestyle
Any examples of alternative living

There so many differnent ways of living how do we really know what is normality?

"We dont even known even half of the mysteries of this world we are wonderers in the darkness"(Micheal kahnwald quote in dark netflix sci fi series. Dark is brillant i highly recommend)
There is so much about this world we dont even know.
- deep state
- ufos
- look at jeffrey esptein scandal
What do you think where we ever normal or are we living in a illusion?
Discuss

• Love
Reactions: alanitis, Bct, Final Escape and 3 others
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
Beliefs, trends, habits are made popular in mainstream society, often driven by profit and control for the "elites".
It is possible and certainly not a bad thing, one enjoys off-the-grid lifestyle/ committing to a religion full-time and not having to worry about the negative aspects of mainstream lifestyle.

I feel like at end of the day, you have to ask yourself,
what are you looking for?
Why is it important to you?
How do you get to the end result?

Overall I don't think it's possible to define "normal", such standard does not exist and it's always biased due to different perspectives.
What we do know, there is mainstream. Whether it's good for you, you have to decide for yourself.

As for the aliens, I'll deal with them when I see one, before the government comes and erase my memory of course.

Odd_Duck

Odd_Duck

Quack.
May 1, 2020
I think the further we got from living like the animals we are, the further we got from normal and the more problems we invented for ourselves. More and more I'm thinking we shouldn't have "evolved" past our tribal hunter-gatherer days.

Reactions: sadghost and Intheo
I

Intheo

Student
Jul 1, 2020
"Normal" ended a long time ago when humans started to farm and build civilizations.
I think it's the cause of all of the destruction and unhappiness we see throughout human history.
We are far better off living in nomadic tribes, eating off the land and being a part of the natural ecosystem.
I doubt depression and suicide are rarely ever issues in tribal societies.

Reactions: Final Escape and Odd_Duck
DeathIsTheWayOut99

DeathIsTheWayOut99

Warlock
Jun 6, 2020
Maybe I was at one point. Then abuse happened and now look at me

red_pen

red_pen

yob: 1999
Jul 2, 2020
i only ever left the house for groceries and college
so this quarantine doesn't really affect me...at all. if anything--despite how gruesome last semester was, gpa dropped to a 3.3--i was glad to not have to commute (and especially glad to not have to participate in chem lab...!!)
it's interesting watching normies lose their heads over having to stay inside though

DeathNoot

DeathNoot

Student
Feb 19, 2020
Current society disturbs me. I would love to be an animal back before humans were even a thing. Live and die naturally. Even if I were taken out by a predator, so be it.

Reactions: Odd_Duck
F

Fullof pain

Student
Jul 1, 2020
Normal is as individual as each one of us. I tend to walk my own path regardless of society's pressures or expectations. At the end of the day we are all answerable to our own conscience and if I can go with a clear conscience then i'll be happy. I've tried to live a life that harms no one or causes pain to others, I believe our greatest currency is; kindness. To ourselves and to others. Normal is what feels right for you, you are the composer of your own song. Never let someone else destroy that!