guineapiglover8503

guineapiglover8503

Emily
Oct 7, 2024
My first serious introduction to suicide was when I watched Control (a movie released in 2007 that is about the band Joy Division). It isn't a well known movie but I love it so much and the acting was phenominal

Reactions: divinemistress36, lv-nii and ladylazarus4
ladylazarus4

ladylazarus4

exhausted
May 12, 2024
This is kind of dumb but my first recollection of hearing about suicide was from Dear Evan Hansen. I guess I was pretty oblivious for the first 10 years of my life lol

Reactions: lv-nii and darkenmydoorstep
darkenmydoorstep

darkenmydoorstep

Not Waving But Browned Off….
Sep 27, 2023
I was about six/seven and we drove past a house and my mum said "that's the house where he killed himself in the garage" and told me about a carbon monoxide death. I remember her saying he wouldn't have felt anything and that he'd been in a lot of debt. Was maybe 1980. Maybe why that's i always want to die that way, she described it so peacefully.

Reactions: divinemistress36 and lv-nii
lv-nii

lv-nii

rotting
Jul 7, 2024
When I was about 10 years old?, I watched a lot of horror movies (especially psychological horror). I can't remember which was the first one that introduced me to those ideas, but I know I tried to watch more stories just to see why they did it. The same with video games that deal with these themes.

R

ramon

Aug 10, 2024
Honestly, I don't have a clear memory of how I got introduced to the concept of suicide.

Maybe by watching action movie characters getting stabbed and killed (no TV parental control systems available at that time) I figured I could do same to myself as I was seriously considering stabbing myself with a kitchen knife at around 6 years of age.

This kind of thinking was motivated by getting bullied by classmates and child neighbors, being yelled at by kindergarden and elementary school teachers, and getting hit (mostly with belts) by my parents.

the_path_of_sorrows

the_path_of_sorrows

Different routes, same destination
Nov 26, 2023
Back to 2013 I participated as a children's choir singer in Werther, opera by Massenet. Back the I was in my early teens and didn't understand Werther at all. I knew that it was a tragedy. The main soloist told me a few years ago that he had to see the therapist during rehearsals back then cos it was an insanely hard character to maintain without becoming it.

Nowadays I'm a fan of Werther. I understand his reasons to die way too well. It's been my comfort character for years.

Ozzyno

Ozzyno

Lovely loner.
Oct 10, 2024
My first serious introduction to suicide was when I watched Control (a movie released in 2007 that is about the band Joy Division). It isn't a well known movie but I love it so much and the acting was phenominal
I don't remember when I was introduced to the idea of suicide but I know that I've said 'I want to kill my self' the first time when me and my ex broke up, I didn't mean it for real but that's the first time it came to mind and actually said it. Then I started to mean it when during the same year I moved and started living alone for the first time and I started thinking about it seriously.

İnilerim

İnilerim

Dec 28, 2018
Reading Goethe's Werther when I was 17, far away from home on student exchange, deeply in love with a taken girl.

T

trist_

Jul 15, 2024
When I was 10 year old, I read a blog about the Aokigahara forest in Japan, I don't think wikipedia was available about it, at least in my languange. Although instead of the suicide theme, I was more attracted to the Japanese horror movies and folklore instead.