• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
Ok I've seen a few SH posts with some people doing some wild stuff - one person I saw put saline on a gaping (must have been 3+ inches) wound to help it. At that point it's stitches.

This is more informative as if you do it too deep or the wound gets infected - you'd wish you never start it.

I've got about a three inch incision on my abdomen lower (from the cancer operation). If you cut yourself below the epidermis level and start hitting muscle the shit is going to hurt. Even though I had the incision in that region I could barely walk or sit up/sit down for months. Your brain just sending signals to get the muscle to flex/extend is going to be the worst pain. As long as it's connected - so if you cut your thigh - if you try to move your quad muscles (or supporting ones around it) it will hurt. I still have niggles and problems today even though it was about 15 years ago. If you do it too deep - too much attention (last thing you need) and you just acting more "normal" will be hard. Starting to walk funny will draw attention if you've been walking normally previously.

Plus if someone visually sees what you've done then it's very hard to explain what happened. Saying you cut yourself by falling is only going to work once, not multiple times.

• Informative
Reactions: LittleCupcake
Silent_cries

Silent_cries

I wish I could delete my trauma...
Aug 10, 2021
Sometimes I'm glad I'm not a deep cutter, luckily I don't have to worry about this kind of stuff.

I can't help but be curious about how it's like to cut deep though. I'm curious about the stupidest things sometimes, ik! I also weirdly enjoy seeing blood somehow, and ik that if I cut deep enough I'll bleed alot witch makes me want to even more! >_< God, I'm so fucked up!

Redleaf1992

Redleaf1992

Just leave us the f*ck alone!
Feb 3, 2024
Sometimes I'm glad I'm not a deep cutter, luckily I don't have to worry about this kind of stuff.

I can't help but be curious about how it's like to cut deep though. I'm curious about the stupidest things sometimes, ik! I also weirdly enjoy seeing blood somehow, and ik that if I cut deep enough I'll bleed alot witch makes me want to even more! >_< God, I'm so fucked up!
I'm similiar to you. I don't cut super often and when I do it isn't very deep. I woudent wanna go so deep cos of the horror stories I hear. That said I cant help be fascinated to know how people even achieve going deep as they do and wonder if I could ever do it (I get nervous with just my cuts before doing them lol).

Silent_cries

Silent_cries

Aug 10, 2021
I'm similiar to you. I don't cut super often and when I do it isn't very deep. I woudent wanna go so deep cos of the horror stories I hear. That said I cant help be fascinated to know how people even achieve going deep as they do and wonder if I could ever do it (I get nervous with just my cuts before doing them lol).
The only thing that keeps me from it is the fact that I'm petrified of hitting a nerve, plus I'm a coward lol. I don't cut very often either, usually bc it just takes too much effort tbh. I feel you though, I'm super curious about it! >_<

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

The drip finally stops
Oct 21, 2023
People cut deep because over time because they crave more pain and endorphins. It also doesn't help that most online self-harm communities are made up of those who self-harm on the more severe end of the spectrum, which can also fuck up peoples' perspective on self-harm.

I think this reddit thread does a good job at highlighting this:

Most self-harmers are already aware of the dangers of cutting too deep but when you are in a state of self-destruction you end up losing your ability to give as much of shit about it.

Reactions: Forveleth
Silent_cries

Silent_cries

Aug 10, 2021
People cut deep because over time because they crave more pain and endorphins. It also doesn't help that most online self-harm communities are made up of those who self-harm on the more severe end of the spectrum, which can also fuck up peoples' perspective on self-harm.

I think this reddit thread does a good job at highlighting this:

Most self-harmers are already aware of the dangers of cutting too deep but when you are in a state of self-destruction you end up losing your ability to give as much of shit about it.

That's true, when I get rly impulsive I don't care about the concequences at all! I just want the pain to go away and causing myself physical pain does relieve it, so... Fortunately I've only had a few episodes where I did stupid shit like swallowing a battery but still, I'm litterary unable to see most of the consequences when it happens. It's first after I did it that I realize that "ohh shit, this was a bad idea!". Being desperate enough like that litterary blinds you. I'm not kidding!

Reactions: EvisceratedJester
EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

The drip finally stops
Oct 21, 2023
That's true, when I get rly impulsive I don't care about the concequences at all! I just want the pain to go away and causing myself physical pain does relieve it, so... Fortunately I've only had a few episodes where I did stupid shit like swallowing a battery but still, I'm litterary unable to see most of the consequences when it happens. It's first after I did it that I realize that "ohh shit, this was a bad idea!". Being desperate enough like that litterary blinds you. I'm not kidding!
Swalling batteries soind pretty awful. I hope you aren't dealing with any issues from it.

I've had issues with cutting deeper than I used to, not caring about the consequences from it. Now I have a bunch of raised scars on my right arm and a few on my left arm. I even cut deep around my wrists, not caring about how risky that was. I was also hitting my leg using a metal paper towel holder.

Silent_cries

Silent_cries

Aug 10, 2021
Swalling batteries soind pretty awful. I hope you aren't dealing with any issues from it.

I've had issues with cutting deeper than I used to, not caring about the consequences from it. Now I have a bunch of raised scars on my right arm and a few on my left arm. I even cut deep around my wrists, not caring about how risky that was. I was also hitting my leg using a metal paper towel holder.
Nah, I'm fine today. I had to go on a couple diets after that though due to developing an esophogal ulcer from the battery acid. It was not fun, and yes, it was painful too. Definitely don't reccomend!

• Hugs
Reactions: EvisceratedJester
willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
I think many people who are doing things that severe to themselves either don't care about the consequences or even want the negative effects. Unfortunately, as someone stated, self harm is an addiction that builds up. The little cuts don't do what they used to to fulfill the cravings. I don't cut anymore, I've moved to other less visible but arguably even more dangerous forms of self harm such as medication overdosing and dehydration, but I know if I had continued cutting I probably would have gone too far.

This is the exact reason why I urge people not to ever start self harming. I understand why people do it, I've done it my whole life, but if someone hasn't started, don't. Especially when combined with suicidal thoughts, you will end up fucking your self over in ways that won't kill you but will make your life worse. Unfortunately for me I genuinely believe I deserve the pain and suffering and intentionally try to make my life worse, but I would never wish this on anyone.

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Never start SH. Its a terrible habit that leaves disgusting scars forever. I am 10 years SH free but the impacts are still with me today.

It will impact for life, I have accepted the fact the scars on my body will never be gone, unless I go for skin grafts or something I guess.

The big sites and governments don't do enough to get rid of SH groups.

Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
Never start SH. Its a terrible habit that leaves disgusting scars forever. I am 10 years SH free but the impacts are still with me today.

It will impact for life, I have accepted the fact the scars on my body will never be gone, unless I go for skin grafts or something I guess.

The big sites and governments don't do enough to get rid of SH groups.
We're in the UK. Government wants everyone dead or paying taxes to fund their own agendas lol.