• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
The bridge is almost 1000 ft. The beanie is a few centimeters thick. I always feel comfy when I wear it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sakura94
Bootleg Astolfo

Bootleg Astolfo

Glorious Bean Plushie
Oct 12, 2020
A beanie won't do anything to break the fall, enjoy the comfyness as much as you want.

Reactions: sadworld
Bootleg Astolfo

Bootleg Astolfo

Glorious Bean Plushie
Oct 12, 2020
I just don't want it to protect my head and I end up living
Don't worry about it, from that height a few centimeters of wool really wont do anything. Even a boxing helmet or a bike helmet wont do anything, even in the best situation where the head would be slightly protected the neck and everything else would break from the shock.

Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
Don't worry about it, from that height a few centimeters of wool really wont do anything. Even a boxing helmet or a bike helmet wont do anything, even in the best situation where the head would be slightly protected the neck and everything else would break from the shock.
Would this apply even for a bridge that's 600 ft?

Bootleg Astolfo

Bootleg Astolfo

Glorious Bean Plushie
Oct 12, 2020
Even at 10ft a beanie wont make a difference, they're comfortable, but they offer virtually no protection whatsoever. Really don't worry about it, any kind of fall that could kill you involves way too much force/energy for a beanie, or frankly anything, to save you.

Reactions: sadworld
Gromit-CTB

Gromit-CTB

time for ctb
Nov 14, 2020
Done it for you to show you Screenshot 20201129 111322  01

That is the 1000ft fall. You are going way to fast for it to matter. The speed at impact in m/s (77) is totally fatal. If I remember minimum fatal impact speed in m/s is 30 which is around 60mph so you are all good

All washed up

All washed up

Experienced
Oct 31, 2020
Fair point I should've said why is anyone asking rather than answering such a ridiculous question.
The OPs age needs to be questioned as your average 5 year old would understand a beanie would make no difference
The bridge is almost 1000 ft. The beanie is a few centimeters thick. I always feel comfy when I wear it.
Hello I'm just wondering how old you are?

Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
Done it for you to show you View attachment 52919

That is the 1000ft fall. You are going way to fast for it to matter. The speed at impact in m/s (77) is totally fatal. If I remember minimum fatal impact speed in m/s is 30 which is around 60mph so you are all good
A vertical car crash

Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
Jumping done correctly can be quick and effective. But yes will be scary, all ctb has a little fear.

depends on the mindset, Ive stood on the edge of a bridge and felt NO fear, SI didn't exist.

• Hugs
Reactions: Sensei
Gromit-CTB

Gromit-CTB

time for ctb
Nov 14, 2020
I have stood on edge of 500ft drop many times years ago and no SI but still didn't do it. I know if I had to I would and possibly would feel nothing or feel fear when falling no one knows. My best friend had one failed jump in 1988 and one successful ctb 2 weeks ago from jumping. He spoke about the regret and fear from failed jump being that it didn't work.

Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
Because I managed to over come my SI. Only thing that stopped me going over was being pulled back by members of the public.
But for me, at that point, I felt nothing but calm and pure at peace with myself
How did you overcome it? How long did you stand there?

All washed up

All washed up

Experienced
Oct 31, 2020
Because I managed to over come my SI. Only thing that stopped me going over was being pulled back by members of the public.
But for me, at that point, I felt nothing but calm and pure at peace with myself
I've just read through your old posts about the bridge and the cliff and no SI it's interesting that you felt so calm and at peace

W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
At 1000 feet, your body will bounce around a few times upon impact. With a human body being like 70 plus % water and/or liquids, one bounces and like others have said here, a beanie will provide comfort on the way down and little else beyound that.

Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019

A few *centimeters* thick? That's a mighty thick beanie - is it padded? Can you show us a photo of it? I'd probably remove it after stepping off the edge.

Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
At 1000 feet, your body will bounce around a few times upon impact. With a human body being like 70 plus % water and/or liquids, one bounces and like others have said here, a beanie will provide comfort on the way down and little else beyound that.
Not just one splat? Would I feel all the bounces or just the first one?
A few *centimeters* thick? That's a mighty thick beanie - is it padded? Can you show us a photo of it? I'd probably remove it after stepping off the edge.
It's a Levis beanie

W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
I am NOT a medical doctor or know much beyound putting on a band-aide, I know physics pretty good. I really have no idea on that aspect. Sorry

Gromit-CTB

Gromit-CTB

time for ctb
Nov 14, 2020
If you hit right you won't feel bounces, but you may feel the first. Again 1000ft is epic height and not likely to feel anything unless you land feet first

Kramer

Kramer

Nervous wreck
Oct 27, 2020
If you hit right you won't feel bounces, but you may feel the first. Again 1000ft is epic height and not likely to feel anything unless you land feet first
Im rounding up a bit. It's really 20 ft