• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

waived

waived

I am a sunrise
Jan 5, 2019
Dark Souls II had quite a bit of quiet music intentionally designed to blend with ambient sounds and I think it set the tone of various areas very well.

Glim

Glim

Student
Jan 28, 2019
Obligatory NieR+Drakengard since somebody posted Automata.

Love the eeriness of the Saya no Uta OST

Dark Souls II had quite a bit of quiet music intentionally designed to blend with ambient sounds and I think it set the tone of various areas very well.
DS2's menu theme is my favorite piece from the Souls series.

Pretty much the theme of "hollowing"

Last edited:
D

daemonblight

Jun 26, 2018
Just about anything Persona/Shin Megami Tensei.

I also love FFXIII's soundtrack, especially the English version of Sunleth Waterscape and Blinded by Light is THE best battle theme ever composed imo.

The Caligula Effect also has some awesome tracks.

There are so many incredible video game songs! Video games and their soundtracks are one of the few things that help me cope.

Glim

Glim

Student
Jan 28, 2019
Invisible Full Moon by ZUN, from Touhou 8 - Imperishable Night, Stage 5 boss theme (Reisen's theme). There are a few others and they are the Fire Emblem main theme song of many of the series, and then of course Seiken Densetsu 3 (Secret of Mana 2) Sacrifice Part III.
Super duper secret Touhou 8 - Imperishable Night stage music unlocked only after beating it on Lunatic difficulty twice in a row without taking any damage :

Last edited:
AveryConure

AveryConure

Some idiot
May 11, 2018
Xenoblade Chronicles X, most Sonic game soundtracks despite how horribly cheesy they can be, and while I never played Nier Klaine's theme song still somehow gives me chills (the good kind, anyways).

charlottewilts

charlottewilts

read Dostoyevsky
Jun 15, 2019
aw, it's hard choosing just one... i love video game music, these are just a few that bring the fondest memories

Broken Chimera

Broken Chimera

The abyss also gazes into you
May 27, 2019
Just about anything Persona/Shin Megami Tensei. I also love FFXIII's soundtrack especially the English version of Sunleth Waterscape and Blinded by Light is THE best battle theme ever composed imo.
This. I got chills from the nostalgia. And thanks to Long Gui farming Blinded By Light is burned into my brain.

Last edited:
Shinbu

Shinbu

Shiki
Nov 23, 2019
I love VGMs as well @charlottewilts.
Now for the game.
I'll name three game franchises from my 493 tracks of my VGM playlist. I think I'll be questioned as how do you remember what you like?. I did something kind of geeky. I hyperlinked all text that is the track name with their respective franchise name over it in Dropbox Paper, and I use NewPipe an android apk you can get on github to queue up, and play your youtube music, or playlist in the background without paying for YouTube Red, and NewPipe can used to convert hyperlinks into a queue, exactly like a playlist when clicking on them from dropbox paper (I do that in that fashion because sometimes I want to manually pick a track rather than just queue up my youtube vgm playlist to newpipe. Plus there is soundtracks I heard, but I never played the games. People have suggested to me in the past to listen to their favorite soundtrack. I've been collecting ever since. I like exploring music. Listening to music is my favorite hobby. I tried to be a musician, but I'm too mental impaired for that ;( .

Screenshot 20200122 230539 Paper

Sakura Taisen / Sakura Wars
(I have the full song, but I provided the opening version since the animation looks good I'd like to share it with you all.

Devil May Cry 3

.hack//g.u.

Great games. I loved every volume, sure the dungeons can look boring, but I liked the voice acting in English, and Japanese. The full story is good, and better than SAO (im sorry to any SAO fans).

Last edited:
Finis Autem Spero

Finis Autem Spero

Dec 30, 2019

This whole gem of a game right here.
I remember playing this song at open mics and while busking when I lived in Ireland...good times.

RULES OF NATURE!! Haha yeah...

But every song on the transistor soundtrack SLAPS-

And Undertale and DMCV ahh anyone else here excited for that??

Also check out Pyre and Hades. Supergiant Games have the most consistently fantastic soundtracks since the original Spyro trilogy. Fuckin' Darren Korb :heart:

This is my absolute favourite from these games though:

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob
BabyYoda

BabyYoda

F*ck this sh!t I'm out
Dec 30, 2019
RPG soundtracks sound so beautiful, here's one that's covered by Sebastian Kingsley:

Reactions: charlottewilts
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
That's tough. Probably something from an rpg. There's some really good music in games. The composers are underrated. Terranigma on the SNES has an amazing soundtrack and I'm always blown away by the sound quality

Whitrot

Whitrot

Ghostly Garbage
Jan 21, 2020
I know too many to pick favorites, I do like experimental/weird and darker sounding stuff in general. Works well to drown out background noises.

Reactions: Nemeshisu
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
It's so hard picking just one. So I'm not going to.

I loved the Metroid Prime ost.

And all of the Silent Hill ones.

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob
C

CrescendoChiller

Mar 15, 2022
Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness, Star Fox Assault, or Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles might be my favorite game soundtracks.

Last edited:
castler

castler

Enlightened
Jul 11, 2022
One would be 'telepathy by Crosses' from the NFSMW

L

libbitour

Jul 10, 2022
I would say super Mario galaxy when you're at the loading zone planet

TiredLostHope20

TiredLostHope20