DF90

DF90

Experienced
Mar 18, 2018
What do you do or use to escape the things in your life, besides planning your ctb?

Discord or drinking have been big ones for me this year, but lately I've been using the gym and late night car rides.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, lastsummer, FTL.Wanderer and 12 others
T

Tiburcio

I only feel better when I'm talking with a very specific person I met here. The rest of the time I don't escape: I endure the pain.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, FTL.Wanderer, lv-gras and 9 others
Volatile

Volatile

God
Jun 18, 2018
This site or yahoo news comment section

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Redt2go, Done and 3 others
M

millefeui

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2018
Lately? Just sleeping. I wish I could get my hands on sleeping pills so I could sleep most of the day.

Watching stuff and playing games have been somewhat boring the past few weeks, and I just don't feel like drawing anything.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, FTL.Wanderer, I'm So Tired and 8 others
Dead_Inside

Dead_Inside

Wizard
Jul 2, 2018
Drinking for sure .... I also run a lot. Feel like you can't concentrate as hard if you just push yourself at running.
Nothing really works though .... I was happy while I thought I was killing myself. But obviously that didn't work, so back to this sad existence.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Tomasnil, I've waited so long and 5 others
Rex

Rex

Lonely af
May 25, 2018
Discord is a good distraction to talk in real time, and also bond with others more on there. I also play the piano and that is one of my main mechanisms which are healthy. I often turn to my draw of pills and sometimes whisky as well.

I try to play games when I can muster the energy for it. Really like TV episodes and Movies still though, just always depends on my mood when I want to watch something.

Really should get back into the gym myself, but uh... those stair machines! :pfff:

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Deafsn0w, Dead_Inside and 5 others
Smilla

Smilla

Visionary
Apr 30, 2018
Sleeping and drinking wine.

Music.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, FTL.Wanderer, thickwing and 2 others
Soon4me

Soon4me

Enlightened
Jun 15, 2018
Up until about one month ago sleeping was my only escape.
My medication causes insomnia so i take sleeping pills.
Now I'm slowly starting to watch tv episodes again and listen to music.
I hope to be able to play electric guitar again one day.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, FTL.Wanderer, I've waited so long and 5 others
S

spicyfriedtofu

Idiot
Jun 10, 2018
When it's the worst, I can't do anything except lying in bed and staring at the wall, drowning in anxiety.

When it's ok, I watch youtube and do a lot of cooking.

When it's good, I study all day. Then I realize again how lonely I am and I go back to my worst state.

Reactions: lv-gras, I've waited so long, thickwing and 3 others
Edward

Edward

Belial
Jul 12, 2018
I've been abusing a bunch of sleep meds and over the counter painkillers, and theyve actually made me a feel a bit better, I might want to die, but at least I'm a little happier about it. That and my usual self isolation and talking to people online.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, I've waited so long, thickwing and 3 others
M

Maggotymaggots

Apr 18, 2018
Usually, I try to escape by watching TV or Youtube, playing a few different games that interest me, browsing sites like this, or a couple other diversions. I've found it more difficult to distract myself with these things lately, and have spent a lot more time thinking about suicide as a result.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, msexit, Red star and 9 others
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
I've been abusing a bunch of sleep meds and over the counter painkillers, and theyve actually made me a feel a bit better, I might want to die, but at least I'm a little happier about it. That and my usual self isolation and talking to people online.
Mmmmh, love some strong painkillers

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Red star, I've waited so long and 1 other person
Edward

Edward

Belial
Jul 12, 2018
Mmmmh, love some strong painkillers
Yeah seriously for the longest time I bought into the stigma towards drug abuse, but when I finally got over it, it's like oh wait these improve your life.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, I've waited so long and Dead_Inside
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
Yeah seriously for the longest time I bought into the stigma towards drug abuse, but when I finally got over it, it's like oh wait these improve your life.
I'm not sure about actually improving your life but they can definitely temporarily improve your QOL. Strong painkillers just feel so damn good and if there's no other way and you also don't plan to make any real "improvement" in your life then who fucking cares right? My body my choice.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and I've waited so long
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
Lately? Just sleeping. I wish I could get my hands on sleeping pills so I could sleep most of the day.

Watching stuff and playing games have been somewhat boring the past few weeks, and I just don't feel like drawing anything.
Yeah honestly I used to play a lot of OW and that's just depressing now and I used to play a lot of XIV but that's also depressing in it's own way. Feels like a pointless investment now, ironically it was probably more of a waste of time before I "gave up".

L

Life sucks

Visionary
Apr 18, 2018
Mainly food and sleeping

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, msexit, Sundayafternoon and 5 others
Midnight

Midnight

Beyond solace
Jun 30, 2018
Driving at night while listening to music. While roaming arround i sometimes drive fast but it makes me miss my old car also. It's one of 2 or 3 things i still like in life.

When i get home late at night is the worst feeling though ... Knowing i'll get into bed and wake 4 hours later to get to work and it starts all over again for another day. So my escape goes to depression real fast.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Sundayafternoon, Soon4me and 6 others
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
Driving at night while listening to music. While roaming arround i sometimes drive fast but it makes me miss my old car also. It's one of 2 or 3 things i still like in life.

When i get home late at night is the worst feeling though ... Knowing i'll get into bed a'd wake 4 hours later to get to work and it starts all over again for another day. So my escape goes to depression real fast.
Wish I could drive so bad, used to dream of doing something like that

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, I've waited so long and thickwing
Azure

Azure

Little Chemist
Jun 13, 2018
Youtube and gaming. Used to do a lot of cancer research but that only brings painful memories now. I spend most of my nights screaming into a pillow while trying to find anything entertaining until I pass out of exhaustion.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Soon4me, I've waited so long and 3 others
Midnight

Midnight

Beyond solace
Jun 30, 2018

Sorry to hear you can't drive. What's the reason for not being able to if you don't mind me asking?

Aponia & Ataraxia

Aponia & Ataraxia

Experienced
Jun 24, 2018
lucid dreams, music, daydreams, reading, hiking, climbing, ASMR

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Soon4me, I've waited so long and 1 other person
weedoge

weedoge

Banned
Jul 12, 2018
Sorry to hear you can't drive. What's the reason for not being able to if you don't mind me asking?
Oh I could just never afford lessons or a car... my fam paid for my sisters driving and car but I guess they know I'm going nowhere in life so don't need it. I'm 23 so I really should be by now, ah well.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Sundayafternoon, ninaevol and 1 other person
Midnight

Midnight

Beyond solace
Jun 30, 2018
Oh I could just never afford lessons or a car... my fam paid for my sisters driving and car but I guess they know I'm going nowhere in life so don't need it. I'm 23 so I really should be by now, ah well.

I hope someday you can get a car and license to experience driving.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
M

millefeui

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2018
I have a license and I can't drive because the anxiety paralyzes me and I am scared of getting into accidents and hurting others.

Life is great.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, lastsummer, IQof87SadButTrue and 2 others
Why.

Why.

Jun 8, 2018
Video games.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Soon4me and I've waited so long
T

TheDarkness

Apr 8, 2018
Video Games,my best friends, weed, alcohol, computer building

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Soon4me and I've waited so long
Temporarilyabsurd

Temporarilyabsurd

NOISE:signal
Apr 27, 2018
Movies.

Waves crashing on the beach.

Pretending I'm in a nightclub performing covers of seventies favourites to entranced enthralled audience ,

- that would be the virtual reality game for me ... the adulant audience .

It's all about me . Why do people have a problem with that ?

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Soon4me, I've waited so long and 1 other person
Temporarilyabsurd

Temporarilyabsurd

NOISE:signal
Apr 27, 2018
Maybe I have a problem with that ?

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Tiburcio and thickwing
Dead_Inside

Dead_Inside

Wizard
Jul 2, 2018

When i get home late at night is the worst feeling though ... Knowing i'll get into bed and wake 4 hours later to get to work and it starts all over again for another day. So my escape goes to depression real fast.
Wandering at night ... I feel that. Usually have to walk though. I can't tell if it helps or kills me ... the darkness feels like I can hide myself and be alone to think. But then I feel so weird and alone .... and the night is alternately too long and never long enough .

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Maggotymaggots, MiserableBastard1995 and 4 others
JayZT

JayZT

Jul 12, 2018
I'm not sure I have an escape but I'm constantly seeking one. I like lying down and closing my eyes, that's my escape I guess but even then the thought of suicide helps relax me during this time

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Maggotymaggots, Lost1234 and 2 others